VarsityPuppet

MOD:Holowan Duplisaber Beta

So I'm replaying TSL on Steam, and was super excited to hear that some old USM content was made compatible with the TSLRCM -- but I'm having the same issues that John Starbinger has.

I installed TSLRCM (non-workshop), then Duplisaber -- and buying a crystal from a workbench subtracts currency then fails to add the item to my inventory (and I'm at such an early point in the game that I can't experiment with other lightsabers because I don't have any). Additionally, Sith (just passed Scion on the Harbinger) blades are green -- sounds like that one will be fixed soon though. 

I'm looking for a way to get the workbench functional with the Steam version of the game, TSLRCM 1.8.4, without a hard-reset/reinstall.

Any suggestions?

Buying the crystals doesn't currently work

Thank you for the quick response! I look forward to seeing the new fixes and improvements from your work. :)

Hm, i can't get the saber console to appear, whatever i do. I'm very new to modding the game itself, although the info i can provide is;

Steam version. TSLRCM Workshop version with Workshop version of M4-78EP as well.

Non-graphic mods i have are Skip Peragus, Never Fail Influence Checks, alongside Duplisaber, of course.

Only other mods are graphical and i am 100% sure they do not conflict.

If anyone knows what's going on, i'd greatly appreciate it.

Only other mods are graphical and i am 100% sure they do not conflict.

You can never be sure of anything in KotOR modding, things always break somewhere, and it may not be immediately obvious why. Best to list them anyway just in case.

You can never be sure of anything in KotOR modding, things always break somewhere, and it may not be immediately obvious why. Best to list them anyway just in case.

Alright, lemme see.

From the Workshop:

Ebon Hawk Re-Texture

Fix Head Model Clipping

High Quality Ravager Backdrop

Fire and Ice HD, Whee!

Hide Weapons in Animations

High Quality Stars and Nebulas

Improved Peragus Asteroid Fields(since now unsubbed because of skip peragus mod)

From this site:

Vurts K2 Textures part 1 + 2

Darth Sapiens HD T3M4, Visas Marr, Nihilus, Sion.

Movie style Jedi master robes.

This is a very nice mod Well Done!. I got a question, I need to reinstall some mods (including this) and I can't seem to find how to uninstall it, there's no readme whatsoever. Thanks a bunch!

This is a very nice mod Well Done!. I got a question, I need to reinstall some mods (including this) and I can't seem to find how to uninstall it, there's no readme whatsoever. Thanks a bunch!

The readme is basically on the installer screen.

Unfortunately, there's not a really good way to uninstall, but if you go to your override/SaberConsole/backup folder, there will be a series of numbered folders which correspond to the date that the installation was run.

Basically, you would need to grab the files from one of those folders and place those into the override, then delete the SaberConsole folder. However, those backup files will restore the state before you installed the mod. Any mods that have installed to those files since the Duplisaber install will get messed up.

I apologize that the method of installation is not very convenient, but uninstalling mods for KOTOR in general is not at all convenient.

I have been thinking about a better way to implement install/uninstalls in general for KOTOR. I'm not sure that idea will manifest in the Duplisaber installer. This is a sort of thing that needs an absolute revamp.

That said, I do have another idea that might work okay as far as uninstalling Duplisaber, but weighing the pros and cons, I'm not sure it would work well...

For distributing the lightsabers throughout the game why not have a few bulk finds of schematics that you can make via workbench, as well as finding some which can be worked in 1 by 1? I think this would help make the mod feel more natural.

For distributing the lightsabers throughout the game why not have a few bulk finds of schematics that you can make via workbench, as well as finding some which can be worked in 1 by 1? I think this would help make the mod feel more natural.

So you're saying some can only be made by workbench and some would only be able to be found? I think that makes sense, and it is a good idea.

• Like 1

It's still essentially making it so you can find them all in game. Just finding a bunch of schematics would make more sense than finding a bunch of lightsabers I think.

It's still essentially making it so you can find them all in game. Just finding a bunch of schematics would make more sense than finding a bunch of lightsabers I think.

Well, I mean, the idea was that if you found a lightsaber "in the wild", as it were, you could reverse engineer it in-game and create the schematic for it.

That would be the main difference between finding a lightsaber and getting the schematic from the work bench or even somewhere else.

Hey so I have yet to find the option at the work bench to use the saber console. Do I have to find a schematic first or do something to get it to work?

Hey so I have yet to find the option at the work bench to use the saber console. Do I have to find a schematic first or do something to get it to work?

No, nothing special you need to do. Should just show up automatically.

What version of TSL are you using? What other mods do you have installed?

I have the latest version from steam. And aside from that I also have the Contents Pack: Feats and powers. And those are the only mods I have

I have the latest version from steam. And aside from that I also have the Contents Pack: Feats and powers. And those are the only mods I have

I know with the steam version if you are installing and re-installing mods a lot, it can completely uninstall Duplisaber in certain cases. This is due to how the Steam mods system works.

What I would recommend is installing Duplisaber last.

I see, I think I installed it last but just in case I will reinstall it and let you know. Will I have to restart my game?

Okay so I found somewhere that when installing with TSLRCM I have to put it in the TSLRCM override folder and not the main game override folder, is that true?

Okay so I found somewhere that when installing with TSLRCM I have to put it in the TSLRCM override folder and not the main game override folder, is that true?

I think so