Siberian Wolf

Fix for graphic issues found? {atioglxx.dll}

Hi everyone. First of all big thanks to the entire TSLRCM team on their contribution in improving this excellent game!

Basically I want to say/ask two things.

1) Since I noticed a lot of people have graphic problems I want to post this solution here for AMD cards. Basically, if you insert atioglxx.dll into your root folder you can fix the grass bug I've seen a lot of people having. Credit goes to the original author, somewhere on the internet (thanks man!)

Without: http://s21.postimg.org/z96c5txat/grass_bad.jpg

With dll: http://s28.postimg.org/p1za3w3ez/grass_good.jpg

DLL is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/p3w6bspe6ebckyu/atioglxx.dll

2) Is there any way to correct the black energy shield bug I have with HK-47 (visible in the pics)? I have this problem ever since I bought an AMD card, on different driver versions and windows installs.

Thanks

This is awesome, man. Exactly what I needed. Before this, the only workaround to get rid of those grass bug was to completely disable ani-aliasing. Not anymore ;)

Big thanks!

This is awesome, man. Exactly what I needed. Before this, the only workaround to get rid of those grass bug was to completely disable ani-aliasing. Not anymore ;)

Big thanks!

NP. So you have tested it and it works for you too?

Yep, it works. Grass is rendered properly. Soft Shadows are still disabled though.

It didn't work for you? And you're mentioning it here...

Yep, it works. Grass is rendered properly. Soft Shadows are still disabled though.

It didn't work for you? And you're mentioning it here...

It works for me too, of course, I just wanted someone to confirm that it works on other systems too. I believe the soft shadows are also AMD issue that for now cannot be corrected.

I cannot find anything about the black energy shield thing that affects my system tough...

Strange that a newer Odyssey engine game "Jade Empire" work flawlessly on AMD cards: anti-aliasing + soft shadows work like a charm. The .ini file of that game has even a special option called (not sure about the exact name, it was a long time ago) EnableAtiSpecificAntialiasing and makes game to work even smoother. KOTOR, Jade Empire are all built on Odyssey. Strange, but true. Of course, not every ATI/AMD card is so "amiable" with "Jade Empire", but mine is. KOTOR2 on the other hand, an older engine don't like my gfx card. Until now ;) Well, partialy.

About what issue are you talking about The Eradicator? Aren't all ATI/AMD cards' drivers just called 'Catalyst Drivers'? So then?...

HK bug happened to me even on nVidia cards (in fact, I never tried playing KotOR/TSL on ATI cards). IIRC, this can be fixed by changing his envmap to cm_baremetal in appearance.2da.

HK bug happened to me even on nVidia cards (in fact, I never tried playing KotOR/TSL on ATI cards). IIRC, this can be fixed by changing his envmap to cm_baremetal in appearance.2da.

Thanks, I'll look into it. If you have any more details as to how to do that, please share. If not, guess I'll do some digging around the 2da on my own :)

Unfortunately, newer versions of drivers can significantly mess up some older games that work perfectly fine with older versions. For example, X-Wing Alliance does not work properly on any drivers higher than 13.1 on AMD cards...

Strange that a newer Odyssey engine game "Jade Empire" work flawlessly on AMD cards: anti-aliasing + soft shadows work like a charm. The .ini file of that game has even a special option called (not sure about the exact name, it was a long time ago) EnableAtiSpecificAntialiasing and makes game to work even smoother. KOTOR, Jade Empire are all built on Odyssey. Strange, but true. Of course, not every ATI/AMD card is so "amiable" with "Jade Empire", but mine is. KOTOR2 on the other hand, an older engine don't like my gfx card. Until now ;) Well, partialy.

About what issue are you talking about The Eradicator? Aren't all ATI/AMD cards' drivers just called 'Catalyst Drivers'? So then?...

I was talking about that the ogl fix is no longer necessary. At least for my AMD Graphics APU and Card. The newer drivers don't cause grass corruption.

Siberian Wolf,thanks for that dll .

I am getting that grass problem too.

Playing on win xp with 13-1-legacy_xp32_dd_ccc_whql.

I haven't checked it on my win 7 recently, with 13-12_win7_win8_32_dd_ccc_whql drivers.

p.s..ye olde amd 5450 1gig card

*COUGH!* I'm f*ckin' speechles. IT.WORKS.

I have "Jade Empire"-style soft-as-a-silk-shadows, and didn't even notice any performance impact. THANKS!

Why this trick isn't official? Even on pcgames wiki they hadn't mention that. It's like black magic. Forbidden.

Thanks Hassat. I knew this could be done by adding something to the ini but I dodn't know what.

@W4rb1rd:

That's the problem. There are fixes all over the internet, and it's hard to keep track of what actually works for which system. I did not see the dll mentioned anywhere on DS so I've decided to put it here.

Also is there any difference in spelling:

Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1

vs

DisableVertexBufferObjects=1

By default when installing from collection dvd my ini had this line without spaces?

Yes, its without spaces. Change it to be written together. *puff* = faster game

Don't know, I've had it set up like that for ages.

Yeah the collection (and Steam version) have it together. THAT DOESN'T WORK!

They added it for these versions, and they added it wrong? What the?

"Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1"

Is the correct and only functional version

Really?... What about 4CD retail version?

I thought it gotta be written together. Need to check my .ini O_o