Sign in to follow this  
Maugomale

Question about TSLRCM and the Widescreen hack

So I went through a bunch of tutorials on how to patch KotOR2 to display in widescreen resolutions, most of them saying that you need a certain cracked executable of the game in order to enable it through UniWS. Said executable also reverts the game to an older version that still has a bunch of bugs.

I'm about to play KotOR2 with TSLRCM for the first time and what I want to ask is: does TSLRCM include a fix for said bugs or am I gonna have to deal with it if I want to play the game in widescreen?

The game supports 1280x768 widescreen resolution with an ini tweak. Just change the resolution values in swkotor2.ini to Width=1280 and Height=768 under Display Options and Graphics Options. If you can't find the lines add them under the right categories.

It's not really HD but it doesn't need the buggy and illegal cracks.

The HUD is floating above the edge of the screen, and it doesn't work properly anyway. Don't bother (same goes for K1 as well).

Infractions from this website, for starters. :D

Welp, forget I said anything, then.

Widescreen is nice and all, but even the smallest bug annoys me to death. Might as well play it windowed

Welp, forget I said anything, then.

Widescreen is nice and all, but even the smallest bug annoys me to death. Might as well play it windowed

I have a widescreen monitor but I play Kotor with 4:3 resolution fullscreen. Setting up the scaling properties right (preserve aspect ratio) is critical, otherwise you will have everything stretched up.  If set to preserve the ratio it just has two black regions on either side of the game.

I play 1600x1200 on my 1920x1080 screen... looks fine to me.

No bars or anything (outside conversations of course)

I was talking about bars on left and right. I don't like when the game stretches itself up to fit widescreen, everyone looks fat and short :)

Doesn't look bad to me..

I have 1366x768 resolution. The stretching is significant. But I set up scaling properties to "preserve aspect ratio" and "overwrite scaling set by programs" in Nvidia control panel. Works like charm for 4:3 games.

It is a matter of preference of course