Markus Ramikin

Mod Compatibility with TSLRCM 1.7 (Discussion)

Guest bendarby24

Oh, I was also wondering about the mod "TSL Insane Dustil Restoration" by Princess Artemis.

A brief description from the website follows:

There is a still-living Jedi inside the hidden tomb on Korriban--who is it? He says he is Dustil, he looks like Dustil, but the bag at his feet contains a datapad suggesting he may be Nebelish...as for the visions, they are there. Disturb the bag at Dustil's feet and face hssiss after hssiss...

This is a very simple mod that restores what little there was to restore regarding Dustil in the Korriban tomb with the visions. I just added some animations to the already existing dialogue; there's nothing added or taken away except what was necessary to make it possible to talk to Dustil. You don't have to fight him if you don't want, there are two ways out of the dialogue, one where Dustil will attack, and one where he won't, so he's safe to talk to. He's not the strongest opponent you'll find in the tomb, but he's not weak either (he's been stuck in there who knows how long with hssiss, shyrak, and long-dead Jedi he may or may not have killed). The bag at his feet contains the datapad that used to be on the dead Jedi's body, and if you want to, you can keep opening the bag to force the game to spawn pairs of hssiss as many times as you like.

This is just a drag and drop affair--to install, copy n_jedicounm002.utc, dustil.dlg, and jedi_cont.utp into Override. To uninstall, delete the files.

There are several mods that include n_jedicounm002.utc in order to make that particular dead Jedi *not* look like Dustil (including many of mine), so if you want to use this mod, you'll have to check if other mods replace the file and install this mod after installing those. Or you can check in Override and see if you have a copy of that .utc file and rename it in case you want to easily change the dead Jedi back to some random guy instead of Dustil.

Here's the link to where you can download it: http://www.princessartemis.com/images/mods/k2dustilins.html

So . . . is this compatible with TSLRCM 1.7?

Edited by Sith Holocron
Added explanation of mod for simplicity's sake

The "High Level Force Powers 2.0" mod has been deemed compatible - by itself. Dont forget to patch it to 2.1, to correct bugs that were inside 2.0.

Edit from Sith Holocron...

Here is the link to the 2.1 update to the "High Level Force Powers 2.0" mod:

High Level Force Powers Mod - 2.1 Update Patch

You will need the original 2.0 version as well. The link above is only a patch. It corrects bugs and adds a few new force powers.

Edited by Sith Holocron
Clarification
  • Like 1

Guest RFaurora

Looking for a mod that was compatible with tslrcm 1.5, and want to know if its compatible with this release. I cant remember the name off the top of my head, but it gives Bao-Dur items for when he becomes a jedi. If any1 could help me, it would me much appreciated.

I was looking for a mod that was compatible with TSLRCM version 1.5, and want to know if its compatible with this release. I can't remember the name off the top of my head, but it gives Bao-Dur items when he becomes a jedi. If anyone could help me, it would be much appreciated.

You need to find the name of the mod AND provide a working download link to it for it to be reviewed.

Kill the Ithorian 1.1

http://www.deadlystream.com/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=13

Compatible. (It makes the terminal work differently than what TSLRCM did, but it works fine and causes no conflicts anywhere).

BTW...

Or just have them be neutral until the convo is over, like most battles in the game, instead of already having them hostile, apparently triggering the AI-mod, but not the regular AI.

Has this already been done in 1.7 or something? I can't seem to reproduce the problem at all any more, which is weird 'cause I thought you only spoke of it after the release.

Edited by Markus Ramikin

Guest RFaurora
You need to find the name of the mod AND provide a working download link to it for it to be reviewed.
Well, this isn't the mod I was thinking of, but it's close. The one I used was on the forums afore the wipe it seems. http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/BaoDurs_Charged_Armor;66349 I'm not too sure of the mod because it was pre 1.6 patch, and before the forums bugged, but I know that the one I linked isnt it because I believe the one Im talking about gave you extra dialog with everyone you made a jedi to have them build there own lightsabres. Edited by RFaurora
addend link

Guest Bob Ta'aar

hi, I'm new here, so forgive and correct me, if I'm not posting stuff the way it's supposed to!

I'm a huge fan of restored-content and additional-content mods and the last time I tried to play KOTOR2 Nar Shaddaa was so heavely modified, that I couldn't get further because the cutscene where Visquis invites you to the Jekk'Jekk'Tarr didn't work properly (I only got a pich-black scene and two dialogues from Visquis, with saving and realoading at that point, I managed to get back into the game, but Visquis room at the Jekk'Jekk was still closed and no Mara/Hanharr-cutscene at the docks).

I'm convinced that it's because of eighter one or multiple of the following mods:

- Nar Shaddaa Hidden Complex (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Nar_Shaddaa_Hidden_Complex;91257)

- Dark Apprentice: Holowan Consortium (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Dark_Apprentice_Holowan_Consortium;88838)

- Telos Polar Plateau Sidequest (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Nar_Shaddaa_Hidden_Complex;91257)

They all modify Nar Shaddaa, the first two pretty heavely (I'm not even sure, whether the two are compatible with each other). Can anybody confirm their compatibility with TSLRCM?

Oh, btw. I used yet v1.6 (including Nar Shaddaa fix).

- Nar Shaddaa Hidden Complex (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef..._Complex;91257)

- Dark Apprentice: Holowan Consortium (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef...nsortium;88838)

These 2 are obviously not compatible, 1st because it is already in RCM 1.7, 2nd because it is too big a mod to not conflict with RCM. As for the 3rd, the author told me there shouldn't be any conflict though I haven't tested-it...

As for

I was curious as to whether the Visual Enhancement Mod 2011 would be compatible?

It is wonderfully compatible :o

• Like 1

I have updated first post with lot of mods people asked about and provided link to in this thread, I hope it answers all your questions. If some mod were posted, but are still missing in first post, feel free to ask about them again - I might have missed something.

Is "The Battle of Telos Rewrite" going to be compatible with "Malachor VI"?

Guest bendarby24
mrphil put a link im very angry at u...... joking mrphil is alsome ;)

Yeah, it will, definitely. But don't expect rewrite to be done anytime soon... ;)

Guest Bob Ta'aar

one more coming to my mind, although I usually don't use such things (but had to last time 'cause some mod-incompatibility wouldn't let me finish Peragus):

- Skip Peragus (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Skip_Peragus;41139)

My guess it that it isn't compatible, as it modifies many character-files and such, and doesn't even use TSL-Patcher, but it acutally worked fine with many other mods when I used it.

Guest bendarby24

i used i with 1.5 and i did not let me talk to atton

Guest Bob Ta'aar

aaah, so THAT was why I couldn't speak with him ;).

The hopes are slim, but I can't find it in the list on page 1, so I dare to ask, whether Darth Shan's "Droid Planet Mod" (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Droid_Planet_Mod;84922) might work, as DStoney's M4-78 doesn't.

€dit: Uuuhm, never mind, as far as I'm reading through other threads, M3-78 is part of TSLRCM, right? Sorry 'bout that!

Edited by Bob Ta'aar

The hopes are slim, but I can't find it in the list on page 1, so I dare to ask, whether Darth Shan's "Droid Planet Mod" (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Droid_Planet_Mod;84922) might work, as DStoney's M4-78 doesn't.

?dit: Uuuhm, never mind, as far as I'm reading through other threads, M4-78 is part of TSLRCM, right? Sorry 'bout that!

Apparently you missed the very first post in the thread.

M4-78 is not part of TSLRCM - not in any version.

Several items such as the cut GenoHaradan quest, Disciple's Holocron quest, and M4-78 have many files but not enough content. Attempting to put them in without creating some new material to make it work brings those quests out of the realm of restoration (TSLRCM's goal) but into another area entirely. Some folks are willing to put up with fan created material in order to see these files in the game. (I should know - I'm the voice of M4-78 in Darth Stoney's version of the mod, for crying out loud.)

These sort of things will be released here (and probably elsewhere to boot) as unofficial add-ons. As many of the folks developing these side projects are members here, you'll find that once finished many of them will be compatible with M4-78. Stoney's current version of M4-78 is not compatible but there was always plans to expand it anyway. Zbyl has taken over the duties of the expansion of the M4-78 (called the M4-78 Enhancement Project) and hopefully will make announcements soon on what he has in store for us.

As for Darth Shan's version, I don't know how nice it plays with others. As I stick with Stoney's version, I don't know that much about it. However some quick research brings up the following:

As for conflicting mods: Handmaiden for Females and Coruscant are incompatible, you may get a fix from the Coruscant mod forum.

As we all know from reading the first post , Handmaiden for Females doesn't work with TSLRCM so that's not a reason not to download the mod. However, you'll miss out on using Deathdisco's Coruscant mod which is rather popular. Those that have attempted to play through with Darth Shan's version are invited to comment here but only on compatibility issues. (I don't want this thread being highjacked by M4-78 discussions nor turning the thread into a flame war.)