Sign in to follow this  
Ninko

TSL Minecraft Resource Pack

I know this isn't modding for KotOR or TSL, but it relates to a mod and is to do with TSL!

I have started making a Resource Pack for minecraft which is based on Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords.

So far I have added music, renamed many items, re-textured many of the items, set up the armours and changed most of the mob skins / sounds.

The Mobs I have changed are:

Enderman - Sith Assassin (No Sounds Yet)

Spider - Mining Droid (No Sounds Yet)

Cave Spider - Kinrath

Bat - Shyrack Wyrm (No Sounds Yet)

Zombie - (Undecided)

Skeleton - Guard Droid

Cow - Horn Kath Hound

Pig - Cannock

Sheep - Tuk'ata

Wolf - Kath Hound

Chicken -  Gizka (Sounds, but isn't actually seen in TSL. Only mentioned)

Creeper - Floating Mine

Ghast - G0-T0 (No Sounds Yet)

Also i've made Diamond into Blue Crystal, Emerald into Green Crystal, Gold into Yellow Crystal and Iron into Durasteel.

I would put a download on this thread but it is 20Mb too big, could any admins please let me know how to put it on the site?

Thanks for reading

• Like 1

I have started making a Resource Pack for minecraft which is based on Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords.

So far I have added music, renamed many items, re-textured many of the items, set up the armours and changed most of the mob skins / sounds.

Here's the part that concerns me. What music and sounds have you added? Was the music grabbed from TSL? Even porting things from the KotOR to TSL (or vice versa) is a violation of the EULA (End-user license agreement) and so folks aren't really allowed to do it. This would also apply to transferring TSL or KotOR assets to Minecraft as well.

OK, I just opened up what's been uploaded and there are definitely TSL and KotOR assets in there. If you put files created by Bioware or Obsidian into your Minecraft, your upload will not be approved.

Here's the part that concerns me. What music and sounds have you added? Was the music grabbed from TSL? Even porting things from the KotOR to TSL (or vice versa) is a violation of the EULA (End-user license agreement) and so folks aren't really allowed to do it. This would also apply to transferring TSL or KotOR assets to Minecraft as well.

OK, I just opened up what's been uploaded and there are definitely TSL and KotOR assets in there. If you put files created by Bioware or Obsidian into your Minecraft, your upload will not be approved.

Okay, what if I changed some of the sounds / music so it was different and not exactly the same as how bioware and obsidian made it? All of the sounds that are currently in it are from a the base texture pack that I found that is called KotOR Minecraft Resource Pack.

So the sounds haven't been done by me. But I did put the music into it. Is there any way around it or will I have to just not put the music in? Is there a way that I can have the music but make it sound a bit different by cutting off endings or adding bits to the beginning.

May I suggest changing the zombie with Darth Sion? Because he kinda seems like a zombie, with all that grey skin on him :crazy: .

Yeah I will probably do that, but I will have to change one of the armours from darth sion to something else, any ideas for that?

• Like 1

Clonemaster to his workers: "Heh. Clones of Darth Sion..  That sounds like a GREAT IDEA.. Surely nothing can go wrong!" :thumbup:

But, yeah.. I'd suggest a black reskin of leather armor for him.

----------------------------------------------------------

Apologies if I misinterpreted the question..

If you were asking what to change his armor into instead of black leather (which he wears) Perhaps some quick sith robes could instead be made from them.

-----------------

Also, it might be a bit of a stretch, but to avoid copyright issues, do you think changing the default sounds with something like Audacity to sound like Kotor sounds would work?

(Or you could record yourself making gizka noises into the mike... :|)

Clonemaster to his workers: "Heh. Clones of Darth Sion.. That sounds like a GREAT IDEA.. Surely nothing can go wrong!" :thumbup:

But, yeah.. I'd suggest a black reskin of leather armor for him.

----------------------------------------------------------

Apologies if I misinterpreted the question..

If you were asking what to change his armor into instead of black leather (which he wears) Perhaps some quick sith robes could instead be made from them.

-----------------

Also, it might be a bit of a stretch, but to avoid copyright issues, do you think changing the default sounds with something like Audacity to sound like Kotor sounds would work?

(Or you could record yourself making gizka noises into the mike... :|)

In the current version of the resource pack, chainmail armour is darth sion's skin, diamond armour is darth nihilus' skin. Iron is Darth Traya's skin, and leather is TSF Armour, but I only just realised now that chainmail cannot be gained in survival mode, so I am now thinking of changing leather from TSF Armour to Darth Sion, but what do you think would work better, since darth sion is strong!?!?!!!!!??

Also I do use Audacity, but how would I change the default sounds and/or music to sound like TSL music and sounds. I haven't explored too far into Audacity yet, is there any tutorials on doing this on youtube.

I could try making Gizka noises into the mic, but they wouldnt sound very good at all! Haha

I just changed the sound of one so that it's 25% slower tempo but the music still sounds the same (but it is slower), would it matter if I didn't change the pitch????? I need to know because I am trying to finish the texture pack so that I can upload and have no copyright issues!! Please reply quick!!! :D

• Like 1

The pitch and tempo are less of what I was referring to. I more meant the various sound filters Audacity has. (I haven't looked, but there may be useful plugins online for things like animal noises and droid sounds.) There's a few things you can do with the music. It just has to be different than default Minecraft IMHO.. Unfortunately, I can't give too much extensive advice since, A: I don't know what all of Minecraft's music sounds like and B: I'm still learning how get the most out of Audacity. 

Also, Star Wars music in particular is the most recognizable in its form, so much work will probably be required to get it sounding "appropriate".

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If it becomes too much of a problem due to taking too long, I suggest to just change the sounds that stick out as not sounding Star Wars'ish, and move from there.

-----

Additionally, I've found that the best way to change something familiar is to mix up which sounds correspond to which, .. so something like the zombie (or whichever one Sion is) having a creeper hiss set to a lower pitch to sound like Sion breathing whenever it gets close.

I'm sure a few effects on say, the zombie voice could also get a reasonable result. 

Essentially it will take a lot of audio creativity to avoid stealing other's work. It frankly takes a metric-ton of creativity to get away with anything worthwhile insofar as Minecraft conversions are considered..

---

Also, I just thought about what a chicken sound would be like with a Phaser effect and low-frequency pitch shift.. spooky..

You may not upload it with music that you haven't created or have the legal rights to. This includes taking original music and simply altering it's speed.

You also may not upload sound effects that are included in the game.

As long as I'm saying things you can't do, let me say something you shouldn't do.  You shouldn't double post - even if you're the original poster (OP) of a thread. If you were that last person to post in a thread, just edit that post to include your additional thoughts and/or corrections.

Finally, we are not a Minecraft modding site.  We don't have a section for Minecraft mods in our Download section. Why aren't you trying to upload your mod to a site that specializes in Minecraft mods? If you do wind up doing such a thing, feel free to provide a link here in this thread.

You may not upload it with music that you haven't created or have the legal rights to. This includes taking original music and simply altering it's speed.

You also may not upload sound effects that are included in the game.

As long as I'm saying things you can't do, let me say something you shouldn't do.  You shouldn't double post - even if you're the original poster (OP) of a thread. If you were that last person to post in a thread, just edit that post to include your additional thoughts and/or corrections.

Finally, we are not a Minecraft modding site.  We don't have a section for Minecraft mods in our Download section. Why aren't you trying to upload your mod to a site that specializes in Minecraft mods? If you do wind up doing such a thing, feel free to provide a link here in this thread.

Sorry I wont do any of that in the future, thanks for your help anyway :D

I'm starting a TSL mod at the moment, BTW!

• Like 1

Yeah I will probably do that, but I will have to change one of the armours from darth sion to something else, any ideas for that?

You mean change his clothing? I don't know... change his scars colour with a white palette, or make his skin tone a bit darker, something like that... or make his eyes look like an actual zombie, I don't know! It's not my job, so you decide :P!

You mean change his clothing? I don't know... change his scars colour with a white palette, or make his skin tone a bit darker, something like that... or make his eyes look like an actual zombie, I don't know! It's not my job, so you decide :P!

No I mean I have to change the armour, because it is set as chainmail not leather, I just swapped it over! :D

I'm not actually using a skin that looks "exactly" like sion, it's just a minecraft skin that i found that is Darth Sion! :D

BTW, do you have a link to your mod or an in-progress page for those of us interested in it?

I will either tomorrow or in a few days, I am trying to get it sort of finished first, because some things on it aren't exactly right yet! I'm glad to hear that you are interested Malkior :D

• Like 1

No I mean I have to change the armour, because it is set as chainmail not leather, I just swapped it over! :D

I'm not actually using a skin that looks "exactly" like sion, it's just a minecraft skin that i found that is Darth Sion! :D

Oh I see! Well, sorry I can't help you here! :no

Oh I see! Well, sorry I can't help you here! :no

It's okay, do you have any idea how I am meant to find sounds of mining droids, sith assassin, cannocks, malraas, G0-T0 and Tuk'ata

• Like 1

It's okay, do you have any idea how I am meant to find sounds of mining droids, sith assassin, cannocks, malraas, G0-T0 and Tuk'ata

Dunno where you can find them, but you can always use fraps, record a scene from kotor 1/2 with a mining droid, cannock, etc, and afterwards extract the audio!

But I think you can open those sounds ( which I think they're in the game directories ) with Audacity ( which is free, BTW ).

Dunno where you can find them, but you can always use fraps, record a scene from kotor 1/2 with a mining droid, cannock, etc, and afterwards extract the audio!

But I think you can open those sounds ( which I think they're in the game directories ) with Audacity ( which is free, BTW ).

There's only one problem, you can't open them with Audacity because they are some how corrupted or something, although they are .wav.

I have another thread on that http://deadlystream.com/forum/topic/2431-issue-with-opening-kotor-ii-tsl-streamsounds-files-wav/

• Like 1

There's only one problem, you can't open them with Audacity because they are some how corrupted or something, although they are .wav.

I have another thread on that http://deadlystream.com/forum/topic/2431-issue-with-opening-kotor-ii-tsl-streamsounds-files-wav/

I see... well, how about the fraps plan? That one shouldn't be a problem, right?

I see... well, how about the fraps plan? That one shouldn't be a problem, right?

That one should be fine, I'll find out how to extract the audio aswell! :D Thanks for all the help! Much appreciated.

• Like 1

That one should be fine, I'll find out how to extract the audio aswell! :D Thanks for all the help! Much appreciated.

No prob! Let me know if you need anything else!

This would be awesome! I would download it.

Once it is ready I will put a link here so anyone can download it! :D It's going really well so far!

• Like 1