Sign in to follow this  
MrPhil

So far... (can't get to Onderon Palace)

So, another playthrough, another bug. This time, it is while entering Onderon's Palace. It loads and right after the loading screen, I'm back to windows with a damned error. Please, help me! So here's the list of my mods:

TSL patch 1.0b

TSL RCM 1.6a

Vista fix

A widscreen mod (probably with the hacked .exe...)

High Level Force power 2.0 and 2.1

Don Kain's Lightning Reskin

Possibly: Achilles's environnemental suit fix

RedHawkes's Prestige class mod

Achilles's Crippling strike (clashes with HLFP 2.0 and 2.1, I think)

SpaceAlex's Loading screens

Main Menu's Nihilus Restoration (with Twi'lek's assassins)

Enhanced Merchants

Ulic and VP's Peragus addendum's/fixes

Ramikin's Crystal Attunement mod

Telos Bank

Less annoying workbenches

Robes at workbenches

RedRob's MAss Effect undies

RedRob's Party undies (most of them)

EbonHawk HD Textures

Nihilus cutscene

Telos Crash movie fix

Sion's arrival cutscene

Invisible mask

Shem's Realistic feat and powers visual effect

Zimmaster's walking fixes

Mando's in Camo Armors

j7's Fixed Mando banners

hi_res_muzzle_flash

Chainz.2da's charged armor

Ithorians textures

Silveredge and Quannon's Mandalore

That's about-it. I've got a few other weapon mods too, if interested.

Edited by MrPhil

Guest GarfieldJL

Does any of the mods you have loaded affect anything involving Onderon (particularly the palace). Off the top of my head the most likely problem would be from the wide screen mod unless the game is being stable and not crashing until this particular segment of the game.

Nope, nothing that concerns Onderon, from what I can tell. And the widescreen mod has been very stable until this precise moment, all the time... I wish Hassat could try that...

So here's the list of my mods:

Sion's arrival cutscene

Isn't this material already in TSLRCM, Zbyl - and would it cause a problem if both were present? (Not necessarily the listed problem, mind you.)

RedRob's MAss Effect undies

RedRob's Party undies (most of them)

EbonHawk HD Textures.

Could you PM me the links to all three of these, MrPhil? :)

Isn't this material already in TSLRCM, Zbyl - and would it cause a problem if both were present? (Not necessarily the listed problem, mind you.)

Just to clear any possible confusion, no that's not part of TSLRCM, it's a separate mod and will continue to be that way, mostly due to the size of the BIK videos.

So nope, that's not the problem. Any other ideas? Do you think weapon mods (such as these) could be responsible for this? (By the way, I could not get them to work.)

Guest GarfieldJL

It would be unusual for a weapons mod to cause problems, but it is possible.

I'd like to get something out of the way:

1- So, has anybody managed to get through this version of the game with HLFP 2.0 and 2.1?

2-If you did, did anyone managed to do-it with Achilles Crippling strike?

Addendum: links have been added for reference.

2nd Addendum: I forgot to mention that I have installed the Coruscant Jedi Temple mod and its "expansion".

Hmmmm...???

Well, you are skilled to see where the "harm" is coming from, but in this case, it would be difficult, since you don't have all these mods installed at once... (and you'd need a save too).

Edited by MrPhil

Guest staticjoe66
1- So, has anybody managed to get through this version of the game with HLFP 2.0 and 2.1?

Yes, I use this mod every playthrough adding the Team Hssiss Full Force mod as well

Never used this one, sorry

2nd Addendum: I forgot to mention that I have installed the Coruscant Jedi Temple mod and its "expansion"

I also use both mods every playthrough

I'd like to get something out of the way:

Addendum: links have been added for reference.

2nd Addendum: I forgot to mention that I have installed the Coruscant Jedi Temple mod and its "expansion".

Well, you are skilled to see where the "harm" is coming from, but in this case, it would be difficult, since you don't have all these mods installed at once... (and you'd need a save too).

Oh well, all that remains is "god help me". So I guess I'll just uninstall the whole thing and mourn :)

Guest staticjoe66

I feel your pain, Phil--using the USM test patch, I got all the way up to Malachor without a single problem/incident...now, I can't continue the game on Malachor to save my life...20+ hrs of gameplay down the refresher...

Oh well, all that remains is "god help me". So I guess I'll just uninstall the whole thing and mourn :)

Guest GarfieldJL

Okay, I can jump in and say Coruscant Mod never had any issues with the restoration mod. Coruscant did have an issue with M4-78 mod, which isn't compatible with the restoration mod at this time anyways.

I never did any testing with USM mod though, so as he said it is likely that mod.

Nope, he only meant that he "shared the pain" of having a late gamestoping mod. I did not install USM at all.

It is NOT the .exe used for the widescreen patch as well. Tried with the regular one as well and did not get rid of the trouble.

Edited by MrPhil

Ugh. That screen of your save looks aweful. People call that an improvement?

Anyways... that aside, it loads the palace just fine for me...

Lol, these are Xarwarz reskins. They're not always pretty, but some of 'em are an improvement, in my opinion.

So the save is not broken as somebody that do not have all these mods installed can still enter the palace. However I cannot, so it is probably one of "my" mods that are the cause, even though it is not game breaking. So if I could pinpoint what is conflicting, I'd probably be able to continue.

Just for the sake of curiosity, do you have any mods installed, aside from TSL RCM (is it 1.6a or 1.7?) and TSL 1.0b patch?

Nope, just the current version of 1.7.

I guess I could upload your save in the palace, then you can see if you can load that...?

I'd love-it. Then I could see if there is any other bug with these mods...