Sign in to follow this  
Sith Holocron

The Rise of the Hutt Cartel

And a new era has begun . . .

TOR-TROTHC_zpsf651d24f.png

From the e-mail I received at noon. . .

Congratulations! You qualify to participate in the Early Access* period for the Digital Expansion: Rise of the Hutt Cartel! The Early Access period starts today, April 9th and ends on Sunday, April 14th when all players gain access. As you may remember, Early Access is available to all players that pre-ordered the Digital Expansion on or before January 7, 2013. To start the download, simply log in to the game and click Play.

You also qualify to receive the following exclusive pre-order rewards**: the new Makrin Seedling Mini-Pet, the Dr. Oggurobb Hutt Holostatue, and a new title "Scourge of the Hutts," which have been sent to your characters via in-game mail. To receive your in-game rewards, visit an in-game mailbox, open the relevant mail, and right-click on the rewards. The mini-pet and holostatue will be added to your inventory and the new title will be added to the list of titles that are available to your character. To access your new title, click the drop down menu next to your character's name on your character sheet and select the title from the menu.

Along with the opening of Early Access for Rise of the Hutt Cartel, Game Update 2.0: Scum and Villainy is also live. You are now able to battle new enemies in the Level 55 Operation: Legions of Scum and Villainy, unlock Legacy Achievements, take advantage of new class combat changes, and more! Free-to-Play restrictions apply.

Free-to-Play restrictions apply, huh? I guess some folks will have to start spending some real world money.

TBH, I grew disappointed with SWTOR and quit playing.  Not sure paying for 1 planet and 5 levels is worthy of being an espansion anyway.

Now, after being bored with TOR, I've recently started playing again, really stacking the XP boosts with double XP weekends, I've managed to already get 2 level 25s, one imp agent, one consular. As always, can find me on the ebon hawk server.

What is in the expansion pack actually? A planet quest line and all? Any further developments in the main story or in the war between the Empire and the Republic?

I think it's more about the war and less about our characters. That's the impression I was left with after all the dev videos.

It isn't about the class stories, it is more about the main story of Empire vs Republic. It also includes 4 new HMFPs (old flashpoints made into HMs), pvp rebalancing, new gear, and a new operation.