Hassat Hunter

Bugs and minor inconveniences with M4-78EP

@h3f55, your post makes me think you actually installed Stoney's old M4-78 and NOT M4-78EP. Especially since you mentioned you installed Jedi Temple "with a fix" and there is NO fix for it available yet.

I just remembered the IS-99 bug:

Reprogrammed the test console, to make the Sith War Droid being tested fire at IS-99.

But when the cutscene played, the droid still fired at the hologram.. then ID-99 fell over backwards, dead as a doormouse. Oh, the LOLZ!! :P

I think it might have been a fluke, because I started the cutscene just as the war droid was about to fire anyway, like he does every few seconds.

About Korriban; did you fast-forwarded in their cutscene?

Maybe.... :blink: I did stare at them for a while afterwards too though, and they didn't disappear. Maybe I didn't stare long enough!

If it can't be fixed, make the droids shooting through the walls a feature! When the Exile gets too close to that wall, have another cutscene with the droids saying something like "Organics approaching. Shoot through the walls."

That. Is. Genius. :eek: If you can't poke fun at yourself and all that! :P

@h3f55, your post makes me think you actually installed Stoney's old M4-78 and NOT M4-78EP. Especially since you mentioned you installed Jedi Temple "with a fix" and there is NO fix for it available yet.

Never thought of that. Thanks for the advice.

I have 2 issues so far.

I cannot play the mission as HK-47 or it crashes and when T3 removes the radiation, I am returned to the landing arm, but I'm still T3 and it crashes everytime I enter the Ebon Hawk and when I continue, the droids recognize me as a human even though I'm still T3

Also you guys need to do something about your challenge questions, I answered all of them correctly but it kept saying I didn't until it came to Yoda's., I spent a good 10 minutes on just the challenge questions.

Also you guys need ti do something about your challenge questions, I answered all of them correctly but it kept saying I didn't until it came to Yoda's., I spent a good 10 minutes on just the challenge questions.

:unsure:

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

(I am afraid you're confusing mods. Yoda? Challenge questions?)

:unsure:

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

(I am afraid you're confusing mods. Yoda? Challenge questions?)

No, I'm not confusing mods. That comment was to the webmaster of this awesome site: my biggest complaint of this site itself is how hard it is to register. (It gave a quote given by Vader and asked who said this. I tried both Darth Vader, and Vader and none of them worked, and every other question I know I answered right. I know over 40,000+ years of canon star wars lore by heart) and it kept saying I was wrong until it asked "do or do not there is no try, what color am I?"

I am unable to go forward, my T3 is too weak to do anything because my main character is my main character and as I am to understand it I was supposed to switch back to him, but I remained T3 and all the droids keep referring to me (T3 now) as a human. I have encountered very few bugs so far except what I mentioned above and not allowing HK-47 to do the droid part to remove the radiation, out of the droids I have in my party he is my strongest.

It seems that the Rogue Employee/Data Transfer quest is impossible to complete if the player

learns about the transmissions after the completion of the main questline. It should probably recognize that the player has met Kaah already.

I've got a texture issue: when I try entering the area flooded with Radiation, my game gives me an error code which won't go away. It says "Invalid Bump-map!" for C_CONDRDL01b and C_DRDMover01b. This happened when M4-78EP was released. I tried uninstalling. Didn't work. I eventually just rage quit, and forgot about my issue, but could someone please help? Thank you.

We don't install said files in either TSLRCM or M4-78EP.

You probably have to look for the mod who did...

The files aren't from another mod at all. They are part of the vanilla game files for me. I've looked at the texture before.

Example: C_CONDRDLB (Sorry if Image is a bit big)

Y8G7PKQ.jpg

Indeed.

Where exactly does it give this "error code"?

Since it's kind of odd that no-one else has it.

The area you go to after the landing arm. When you first start playing as a droid. THAT's when the game goes crazy, and won't let me play.

The area you go to after the landing arm. When you first start playing as a droid. That's when the game goes crazy, and won't let me play.

Could you post a screen capture of that bug report? I'd like to see that.

Hmm. I tried starting a new game to get to M4-78, and apperently, this pesky problem has now made it's way to Peragus. I don't know what is causing this problem. "Invalid Bumpmap! C_*******" It seems to be EVERY droid that has a lower case "b" at the end of it, causes this error after installing M4-78EP

Anyways, I'm just gonna uninstall everything, and try NOT installing M4-78Ep......

*Sigh* MODS!!! Y U NO COOPERATE WITH ME!!!

ep08tbF.png

I have a game breaking bug on a main questline.

After I watch the video recording on the terminal near the droid maintenance area, I go talk to the maintenance droid who says he'll repair it or something. When the screen fades to black as it shows the droid and the Exile walking away, it stays black... forever. Any ideas as to why that could be (other than a bug that slipped through)?

Some people mention having that, yes. They fixed it by having no teammembers.

What does your crew consist of?

Also, other mods?

Some people mention having that, yes. They fixed it by having no teammembers.

What does your crew consist of?

Also, other mods?

Only mods I have are TSLRCM 1.8.2 and M4-78.

I'll try it without party members and let you know if it helps.

Ok, having no party members didn't help.

I've enountered a few bugs while playing M4-78. Most of them have been mentioned earlier in the thread by other people, exept the ones below:

1) When the Disciple is in your party on Korriban, there's a minor dialogue error:

When you initially enter the room where the hologram of Vash and Kaah plays, the Disciple says a brief comment. However, the subtitles and his actual audio dialogue don't match.

His subtitles say "Is there something we should see here?", While the actual audio says "Lonna Vash, I heard stories of her"

2) This next bug is a bit odd, and it could be because i'm playing with a save that was created before i installed M4-78EP. Though in this save, i never actually visited the planet!

So yesterday, i did a clean re-install of TSL with TSLRCM and M4-78EP, but i kept my save files so that i could start a save just before Korriban. After completing M4-78, i loaded a much later save, just before you board the Ravager with Mandalore and Visas. This save was created before i installed M4-78, and i never visited M4-78 in this save file. But now, since installing M4-78, whenever a Sith Trooper dies on the Ravager, he makes the sound of (what i think is) a dying beast found on Dxun (though i am unsure what beast it is). This wasn't happening before yesterday, when i hadn't installed M4-78.

So is this just an issue with my save file? or is this a bug within M4-78 itself. If necessary, i can provide a save file.

I have that same thing with the Sith Troopers too. Do they sound like dying beasts because they are Nihilus's soldiers and they were just supposed to be as decomposed and ghoulish like him?

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has noticed this issue! But no, the Sith Troopers were meant to be living foot soldiers for the Sith, so there's no reason why they should sound like dying beasts.

I should note that the Sith Troopers sounding like dying beasts only occurs on board the Ravager (as far as I'm aware). If you kill the one's on the Citadel Station, just before you board the Ravager, they sound like normal men. It's only once you've boarded the Ravager do they sould like beasts. I believe the Ravager Sith Troopers also make similar sounds now when they're combat as well, not just when they die.

I'll just say again, that this didn't happen before i installed M4-78. And i installed M4-78 into a clean install of TSL, right after i re-installed TSLRCM 1.8.2.

I've attached a save file to this post so people can see what i'm talking about. If you head straight to the shuttle, you'll board the Ravager and hear Sith Troopers sounding like beasts. But, if you turn right and head to the TSF headquarters on Citadel station, and kill the Sith Troopers there, they will sound like normal men!

000185 - Game184.rar

Right, I've done a full playthrough of the Ravager, along with other area's where sith troopers spawn (Malachor V and the Dxun Tomb), so that i can further describe the issue I discussed in the above post where ememies on the Ravager now have different sounds in combat. This issue affects all hostile units on the "Ravager - Command Deck". Oddly, it does not affect the units on the "Ravager - Bridge". Nor does it affect the sith trooper units on Malachor V or the Dxun Tomb, or Citadel Station. This issue seems to only occur after M4-78 is installed, and i am using a save that was created before M4-78 was installed. But in this save, i never visited the M4-78 itself.

So the list of affected sith trooper units is as followed:

• Sith Soldier ---------------- Sounds like a beast during combat and death

• Sith Elite Trooper -------- Sounds like a beast during combat and death

• Sith Commando ---------- Sounds like a beast during combat and death

• Sith Assault Trooper ----- Sounds like a beast during combat and death

• Sith Grenadier ------------- Sounds like a beast during combat and death

Other hostile units with sound issues include:

Male Sith Captain ------------ Sounds like a Female during combat and death

• Female Sith Lieutenant ----- Sounds like a Droid during combat and death

• Colonel Tobin -------------------- Has no combat sounds at all (is this normal?)

I believe i also encountered a Female Sith Lieutenant outside the Dxun Tomb, and she was completely normal. So this issue seems to be isolated to the "Ravager - Command Deck" and did not happen in this area before i installed M4-78, as i have mentioned previously. If someone could use the save file i have attacted to the post above this, to try and confirm if this is happening to anyone else, that would be great! This save was saved on the Citadel Station, just before you board the Ravager.

Edit: Here is the list of mods that i have installed (Besides TSLRCM 1.8.2 and M4-78EP, which i installed before the mods listed below). All of these mods were installed into a clean TSL install, after i had installed 1.8.2 then M4-78EP:

Hassat Hunter's Mods:

My Dantooine Statue

Nihilus Zombies Death (I had thought that this might be causing the issue when used with M4-78, but then wouldn't it have affected the Bridge and not the Command Deck?)

Create all Mira's Rockets

Kinrath Egg Bash Crystal Drop

VP's Mods:

Handsister Fix

Hi Poly Tin Cans

Sith Holocron's Mods:

Animated Galaxy Map 2

Sith Holocron texture

Other Mods:

TSL Galaxy Map Fix

Kill the Ithorian 1.1

Realistic visual Effects

Remote Tells Influence

Kotor 1 Cloaked Robes

Admiralty Mod

Admiralty Mod Compatability Patch

my biggest complaint of this site itself is how hard it is to register. (It gave a quote given by Vader and asked who said this. I tried both Darth Vader, and Vader and none of them worked, and every other question I know I answered right. I know over 40,000+ years of canon star wars lore by heart) and it kept saying I was wrong until it asked "do or do not there is no try, what color am I?"

While this is late, apparently it was typo'd everywhere as "Vadar"... I fixed them all to read "Vader", sorry.

I've enountered a few bugs while playing M4-78. Most of them have been mentioned earlier in the thread by other people, exept the ones below:

Other ones would help too.

1) I'll look into it.

2) While thanks for the extensive research, we already know this one.

It isn't technically a M4-78EP bug though... see;

Those particular Sith Troopers have "sounset type 67". In the original game, there are only 66. Since it exceeded the maximum number of soundtypes they made no sound at all.

M4-78EP adds a new soundset. In slot 67 (after the 66 already in TSL). Since the Sith where set to 67, they now use these new soundtype we added.

It's more something that seems like a TSLRCM fix than M4-78EP. No-one until now just noticed they got an incorrect soundset (same with no-one noticing the Bao-Dur bug with the cyan saber until 1.8, since it fixed a vendor who sold set item).

It'll get fixed, once patches roll out though.

(And I'll see about the other sound issues you mentioned then as well)

Thanks for explaining the issue Hassat Hunter! So i take it the Male Sith Captain, the Female Sith Lieutenant, and Colonel Tobin were all also assigned a soundset beyond the 66 available in TSL, as they also had misplaced or missing sound effects?

As for those other bugs that i noticed, but have been mentioned previously:

On Korriban:

The hologram of Vash and Kaah was still present in the room for a second after the cutscene had ended. I'm sure i didn't skip the dialogue. Though the holograms did only stay there for a second or so longer than they were meant to. I'll go back to that save and play the cutscene again to check.

Edit: I just checked this again and didn't skip any dialogue. The holograms were still present once the cutscene had finished and you logged out of the computer. Though like i said, they stay there for only a few seconds then vanish.

On M4-78:

The droids that are capable of shooting through walls in the Environmental Zone. Though you've already said that this cannot be fixed. I'm not a modder, so i don't really know much about the issue, but could it it possible to instead have the droids in the next area trigger only when the doors leading to them are activated? That way they wont be able to shoot through the walls until you are ready to advance to the next area where they are located.

Just chiming in to say, none of the M4-78 music shows up in the music section in the main menu, nor do any of the movies under the movies section.