Hassat Hunter

Bugs and minor inconveniences with TSLRCM 1.8

Every time I beat the Onderon swoop track within 40-50 seconds, he keeps telling me that I can't even be a swoop racer if I can't even finish a race. :cry:

Edit: And now every time i do so much as leave the Western Square after I save Ghagon Ghent, My game crashes entirely.

That problem happened with me too, in both my last playthrough that just got finished last night, and the one last year before that with 1.7. In fact, there was a chance of that happening for me in all of Onderon. Just do as Hassat said and save before every loading screen.

Might I ask why the Sith is standing in the back of the arena?

post-91-0-95482500-1343767764_thumb.jpg

Might I ask why the Sith is standing in the back of the arena?

You do.

For an answer you'll have to list your other mods though, so I can find a cause :P

I can't complete the Galactic Reunification side quest. I talked to both Aaida and Lootra then killed the guards to the refugee sector. When I go back to Aaida, she still reacts like the guards are there. I also tried killing Saquesh's men. but that did not help.

Here's what I have installed

Main game

official patch

TSLRCM 1.8

Bao-Dur's charged armor

Crazy Dustil

Vao armband drop

Visas lightsaber drop

Where did you kill the guards? I noticed the quest doesn't really update when killing them, but rather when going over a trigger that's just beyond the thugs in the path to the Refugee Sector... try walking around there, maybe you trigger the quest update...

I can't complete the Galactic Reunification side quest. I talked to both Aaida and Lootra then killed the guards to the refugee sector. When I go back to Aaida, she still reacts like the guards are there. I also tried killing Saquesh's men. but that did not help.

Here's what I have installed

Main game

official patch

TSLRCM 1.8

Bao-Dur's charged armor

Crazy Dustil

Vao armband drop

Visas lightsaber drop

Have you tried leaving the area? I killed all the guards and could not complete the quest too. When I gave up and left, the journal updated right before I left the area. Aaida then finally recognized that the guards were gone and I completed the quest.

I've encountered what appears to be a gamebreaking bug.

In the secret tomb on Korriban, when I arrive in the room with Revan and pick one of the dialogue options, nothing happens. He does his little point animation and then just stands there in non combat mode. I can talk to him but it just repeats the dialogue options and the animation before returning me to the room unable to initiate combat with him.

I can walk around, loot the sarcophagus and leave the room, but I can not open the other doors in the room nor can I leave the tomb. I'm stuck until I figure a way to fix this.

If it matters: I chose to protect dark side Kreia, to walk through the mines on my own, and I told Malak I would fight in the wars again but I would not join him in the dark side.

Sound like you're using 1.6, not 1.8...

fail....

Will have to re-download and make sure I click on the right link this time.

Feel free to delete original post, if only to save myself from the embarassment. :)

I have a show stopper. I'm using tsl b.ends,heroes of the old republic, and some minor cosmetic mods along with 1.8. I started a new game dark side consular and I get through czerka quests and then when I try to use the freighter to leave instead of loading cutscenes the screen just fades out then you pop up in the exact same place and it says journal updated. How do I get to the restoration zone now that the freighter to leave is bugged?

Update: Ok I got rid of Heroes of the Old Republic 1.3 and started a new game and got back up to the same point and the shuttle still refuses to take me to the Restoration Zone. Help would be much appreciated

Have you tried leaving the area? I killed all the guards and could not complete the quest too. When I gave up and left, the journal updated right before I left the area. Aaida then finally recognized that the guards were gone and I completed the quest.

That did it. I finished the quest. Thanks.

I've encountered what appears to be a gamebreaking bug.

In the secret tomb on Korriban, when I arrive in the room with Revan and pick one of the dialogue options, nothing happens. He does his little point animation and then just stands there in non combat mode. I can talk to him but it just repeats the dialogue options and the animation before returning me to the room unable to initiate combat with him.

Is your evil clone there? Did you defeat him/her? If not, any thing you can think of why there is no evil clone of you there? Using a very special skin???

I have a show stopper. I'm using tsl b.ends,heroes of the old republic, and some minor cosmetic mods along with 1.8. I started a new game dark side consular and I get through czerka quests and then when I try to use the freighter to leave instead of loading cutscenes the screen just fades out then you pop up in the exact same place and it says journal updated. How do I get to the restoration zone now that the freighter to leave is bugged?

Well, you can use KSE to undo leaving and try again, though that might not work if your mods broke something there (maybe with Carth, Cede or Grenn). So your best bet would probably use the warp cheat WARP 231TEL. You do miss out 2 cutscenes though with Atton crashing in the ground...

You do.

For an answer you'll have to list your other mods though, so I can find a cause :P

• 1.0b
  • RCM 1.8 (he was there in 1.7 as well)
  • T7Nowhere's Quarren and Sullustan reskins (I think it was T7Nowhere)
  • Darth_Shan's Bao-Dur Shader Fix
  • Bao-Dur's Charged Armour (I didn't actually find the armour though)
  • Canderis' Combat Suit Revisited 4.2
  • Coruscant High-Res Textures (haven't gone to the temple though)
  • Team Hssiss' Curse of the Sith 1.1 (not yet been to Korriban)
  • Cyan Lightsabre Fix (but have a viridian one)
  • Darth333's Force Choke Anyone
  • Dak's Armoured Robes 2.1 (sort of - partway through uninstalling and messed up my 2da files)
  • Dark Ansem's Enhanced Soundsets (not currently using one)
  • Canderis' A Darker Peragus 2.0
  • Chainz.2da's Darksword (deleted the Nightsister spawn script, so don't have any)
  • Goto's Yacht Window Upgrade
  • Don Kain's Enhanced Lightning
  • DeadMan's Movie-Style Master Robes
  • Electro's Droid Enhancement
  • Shem's Enhanced Merchants
  • Jonathan7's Fixed Mandalorian Banners
  • Shem's Invisible Headgear
  • HK-42's Jedi Temple Loadscreens
  • Doctor's Kill the Ithorian 1.1
  • VP's Kreia Green Fix
  • DrGhent's Lightsabre Parts Fix
  • DarthJacen's Movie-Style Lightsabres Retex with Flickering Blades 7
  • Drewton's Darth Nihilus - Lord of Hunger
  • Nihilus Zombie's Death (by you)
  • No Lightsabre Quest 1.3 (again by you)
  • VP's Peragus Tweaks
  • DeadMan's Pikesabres
  • k102's Remote Influence
  • MrPhil's Force Powers With Armours
  • Sharen Thrawn's Realistic Nar Shaddaa Skybox
  • Peragus Sith Soldiers to Assassins (yours again)
  • Bead-v's Skip Telos' Surface (but I didn't)
  • SuperSquall's Skip Peragus (but I didn't)
  • Team Hssiss' Full Force Mod (but not using any of the powers)
  • VP's Trayus Rank Reformation
  • Bead-v's Galaxy Map Fix
  • DeathDisco's Jedi Temple
  • Shem's Ultimate Sound Mod
  • VP's Handmaiden Sister Fix
  • VP's Hi-Poly Tin Cans
  • Workbench Crystal Attunement
  • MrMamr's Weapon Finesse Icon Fix
  • ZimmMaster's Movement Animation Fix

Is your evil clone there? Did you defeat him/her? If not, any thing you can think of why there is no evil clone of you there? Using a very special skin???

No my evil clone is not there. To be honest this is my first time getting this far so I don't know how this is supposed to go.

I'm not using any skins, only a few other mods that I don't think would affect this:

TSLRCM

HQ Movies

HQ Music

Squizzy Resolution Patcher

Holy cow...

[*]RCM 1.8 (he was there in 1.7 as well)

No, he wasn't... must be the same mod doing that though...

[*]Darth_Shan's Bao-Dur Shader Fix

Do not use for 1.8, we already install it ourself.

sort of - partway through uninstalling and messed up my 2da files

Going swell I see... tongue.gif

[*]Goto's Yacht Window Upgrade

See Shader Fix.

[*]VP's Kreia Green Fix

See Goto's Yacht Window Update. With the added bonus that this might mess up your game during the Jedi Temple (650DAN).

[*]DrGhent's Lightsabre Parts Fix

See Kreia Green Fix (beside the whole mess up your game part).

[*]No Lightsabre Quest 1.3 (again by you)

You probably want to update that one. Not that it's the cause of your current issue mind you.

[*]VP's Handmaiden Sister Fix

Does that actually work? Sisters being there and all... just wondering. Heard mention of it before that it didn't, maybe VP already fixed that.

[*]VP's Hi-Poly Tin Cans

Also heard mention this could cause crashing with Nihilus. Not for you?

[*]MrMamr's Weapon Finesse Icon Fix

See Lightsaber Part Fix.

Well, nothing I see I could directly link to a Sith being there. But one of those mods (or a combination clashing) could cause it... :/
Did you use all these with 1.7 too? If not we could shorten the list... :D

EDIT:
@ Maxie; Those are all the mods you use?
Also, do you have the english version or another? Do you have 711KOR.mod in your modules folder?

Those are all the mods I use. I am using the english version patched to 1.0b, and it appears I do have 711KOR.mod in my modules folder.

You did install 1.0b first, then 1.8 right?

Kinda stumped though. Could you upload your savegame for me to try (rarred in one package)?

Does that actually work? Sisters being there and all... just wondering. Heard mention of it before that it didn't, maybe VP already fixed that.

I was about to mention a bug i encountered that i thought might be caused by either this mod or TSLRCM. While the sisters do appear, when i go to spar with them they appear in their underwear, where as before (i'm sure) they did not strip fully. I assume this is a bug with the Handmaiden Sister Fix mod though, but i'm unsure.

I had this mod installed as well. It did crash at the Visas/Nihilus intro scene as Nihilus has his lightsaber in his hands when he attempted to choke Visas (without the mod, he does not have any saber in his hand). So i just deleted the nihilus saber file from my override and the rest of the mod worked fine.

You did install 1.0b first, then 1.8 right?

Kinda stumped though. Could you upload your savegame for me to try (rarred in one package)?

Yes I installed 1.0b first, then 1.8. Would you like a save from right before the bug happens or right after?

It was me who reported version 1.0 of that mod to be game breaking together with TSLRCM.

VP was kind enough to whip up a new version just some days after, this time completely compatible with TSLRCM. It was 1.7 at that time though.

Hi everyone, I'm new here just wanna say great work on TSLRCM 1.8!

One of the issues I had with it, when doing a clean install, with the 1.0b update and 1.8 together was getting the launcher to stop crashing when first starting the game for Vista 64 and 32 bit users. This isn't a TSLRCM problem but a problem in the original game, maybe it could get fixed in an update or something. I'm not sure if this has been addressed before here but I'm just letting you guys know. I think its the Mss32.dll file thats all wonky. Thanks!

First of all thanks for making this, but I'm having a few problems. The first thing is that the game won't open full screen but I can normally get around this by clicking in and out of the program.

The problem thats actually affecting the game though is that it freezes up on the main load game screen with what looks like triangles of light on it then the game crashes. I got round this by loading after starting a new game but now it repeatedly freezes up when using a terminal in the dormitaries that are flooded with gas on peragus.

I've tried basic things like compatiblity mode but can't get it to work at all and I don't really want to play through while worrying about every terminal I use. :)

I'm using:

Updates 1a and 1b (U.K.)

Windows 7 professional

Nvidia 580 graphics card

Hi everyone, I'm new here just wanna say great work on TSLRCM 1.8!

One of the issues I had with it, when doing a clean install, with the 1.0b update and 1.8 together was getting the launcher to stop crashing when first starting the game for Vista 64 and 32 bit users. This isn't a TSLRCM problem but a problem in the original game, maybe it could get fixed in an update or something. I'm not sure if this has been addressed before here but I'm just letting you guys know. I think its the Mss32.dll file thats all wonky. Thanks!

I'm not sure if you're making reference to this, or asking for this, but here's the link just incase:

TSL Windows Vista Fix

Edit: I think this is the one I used, I'll have to confirm when I get home I guess.

No, he wasn't... must be the same mod doing that though...

I saw the Sith standing in the back on my 1.7 playthrough as well as this...

Do not use for 1.8, we already install it ourself.

OK.

Going swell I see... :P

It replaced the Dancer Outfit model, so I was trying to get it back to normal. Now it makes whoever wears it look like they're made of gold-infused hematite.

You probably want to update that one. Not that it's the cause of your current issue mind you.

Was going to, then was sidetracked by RCM 1.8 arriving. Will do so.

It did, though now they all turn into the Masked Duros during and after sparring.

Yes, but there's a thread somewhere that says to remove n_darthnihilu001.utc for the Visas/Nihilus cutscene then replace it after.

Well, nothing I see I could directly link to a Sith being there. But one of those mods (or a combination clashing) could cause it... :/

Did you use all these with 1.7 too? If not we could shorten the list... :)

I think I used most of them. And I shall engage uninstallation protocols on the mods you have instructed at once.

Well, you can use KSE to undo leaving and try again, though that might not work if your mods broke something there (maybe with Carth, Cede or Grenn). So your best bet would probably use the warp cheat WARP 231TEL. You do miss out 2 cutscenes though with Atton crashing in the ground...

I figured it out I had to get rid of the admirality mod. I forgot I still had that and now its working perfectly. I thought the cut ship scenes were a little goofy since it lacks animation but its just the game showing its age. ANYWAY, I was wondering if it is normal to see a different admiral talking to Grenn now because it was a dialogue with a black admiral instead of Carth.

I was about to mention a bug i encountered that i thought might be caused by either this mod or TSLRCM. While the sisters do appear, when i go to spar with them they appear in their underwear, where as before (i'm sure) they did not strip fully. I assume this is a bug with the Handmaiden Sister Fix mod though, but i'm unsure.

I'm pretty sure it's an intentional effect of that mod (not TSLRCM)... not a bug.

I had this mod installed as well. It did crash at the Visas/Nihilus intro scene as Nihilus has his lightsaber in his hands when he attempted to choke Visas (without the mod, he does not have any saber in his hand). So i just deleted the nihilus saber file from my override and the rest of the mod worked fine.

I've added a big red warning to the file in question... think it's clear enough?

http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/42-vps-hi-poly-tin-cans/

Yes I installed 1.0b first, then 1.8. Would you like a save from right before the bug happens or right after?

Guess it's no longer needed, reading later post... but would have been before if not ;).

VP was kind enough to whip up a new version just some days after, this time completely compatible with TSLRCM. It was 1.7 at that time though.

Well, would be great if VP could upload it here too. The scene's pretty much unchanged from 1.7 so it should work exactly the same for 1.8.

First of all thanks for making this, but I'm having a few problems. The first thing is that the game won't open full screen but I can normally get around this by clicking in and out of the program.

You have to change FullScreen to 1 in the .ini, that should fix that up...

The problem thats actually affecting the game though is that it freezes up on the main load game screen with what looks like triangles of light on it then the game crashes. I got round this by loading after starting a new game but now it repeatedly freezes up when using a terminal in the dormitaries that are flooded with gas on peragus.

I've tried basic things like compatiblity mode but can't get it to work at all and I don't really want to play through while worrying about every terminal I use. :)

Getting more and more people reporting that lately, and I have no idea of the cause. Might be nvidia graphic drivers if everyone suddenly has it now. Doubt it has to do with TSLRCM 1.8. But if anyone has any idea of the cause, that would be very welcome!

I saw the Sith standing in the back on my 1.7 playthrough as well as this...

Never did, nor during any of my 1.8 runs (and there were many). Not to mention no one else ever reported it... so, yeah...