ThePenguincar

What resolution does everyone play KotOR 2 at?

I want to know at what resolution people are playing KotOR 2 without and with mods. The max resolution I can play KotOR 2 at without the widescreen mod is 1280 by 1024. I'm also trying to figure out if my game has a problem preventing it from running at a higher resolution. My monitor is 22inches and supports 1920x1080.

I have a monitor with a native resolution of 1920x1080.

I run KOTOR2 in 1600x1200...

How are you able to run it at that resolution if 1200 is greater than 1080? Do you think something is wrong with my game?

How are you able to run it at that resolution if 1200 is greater than 1080? Do you think something is wrong with my game?

My monitor's native is actually 1680x1050, and I run it at 1600x1200. Catalyst Control Center actually does the image scaling, and it looks pretty good. I tried the widescreen patch for TSL, and could never get it to work right for the 1680x1050 setting (would work for the next lower, but then lost resolution so looked like junk).

I play both games in 1920x1080 (with widescreen patch of course).

Ok, so how should I make kotor 2 run at a higher resolution? I've tried the widescreen thing, but it doesn't find the kotor 2 exe; it only finds the kotor 1 exe.

I redownloaded the widescreen patcher thing. I can select kotor 2 from the options, but it doesn't patch my game. I clicked on the folder where my exe is, but the patcher never patches it. I selected the custom resolution it said to select in game. Then, I changed the .ini settings to 1600 x 1200. The .ini says 1600x1200 under Display options, but the .ini says 1280x960 under Graphics options. So, how do I know which resolution kotor 2 is running at now? I launched kotor 2, but I honestly can't tell what resolution it's running at.

I don't know for you, but I have a button on my monitor when pressed gives it's options, and a display of what resolution it's at at the moment. Very useful for situations like that.

The one under graphic options is the one used ingame. Display (technically) goes over the BIK-movies, but it does some weird stuff there, hence "technically"...

1366x768. Laptop.

Ok, so how should I make kotor 2 run at a higher resolution? I've tried the widescreen thing, but it doesn't find the kotor 2 exe; it only finds the kotor 1 exe.

I redownloaded the widescreen patcher thing. I can select kotor 2 from the options, but it doesn't patch my game. I clicked on the folder where my exe is, but the patcher never patches it. I selected the custom resolution it said to select in game. Then, I changed the .ini settings to 1600 x 1200. The .ini says 1600x1200 under Display options, but the .ini says 1280x960 under Graphics options. So, how do I know which resolution kotor 2 is running at now? I launched kotor 2, but I honestly can't tell what resolution it's running at.

How much of the screen at the sides is taken up by black bars?

Also, even without the widescreen patcher, the game will support 1280x768, though you need to set it in swkotor2.ini .

How can you make kotor run on 1366x768? I tried many times but the text didn't appear.

1366x768. Laptop.

How much of the screen at the sides is taken up by black bars?

Also, even without the widescreen patcher, the game will support 1280x768, though you need to set it in swkotor2.ini .

My screen doesn't have black bars. So, how should I make Kotor run at a higher resolution?

How can you make kotor run on 1366x768? I tried many times but the text didn't appear.

I didn't, I misread the thread title. I run the game at 1280x768.