Hassat Hunter

Update on 1.8

It's not enough for you that I do this out of my own free time and initiative, you wish to decide where it is spend as well? I'm sorry, but I'm just ever so slightly stunned at such impeccable selfishness.

Woah, slow down pal. It was just an idea because not many people have the skills you have (I guess). And, don't get me wrong (again), but I think you're overreacting. Anyway, I apologise if I have offended you. Will you not send sounds of doom towards my house? Please?

Hehe, it's like the old TSLRP forums again, just no life threatening messages.

No-where near the amount of people complaining, so no... not really the same.

Maybe if we took 3 years, but I doubt we get that far ;).

It's always a shame when I hear people bash on us, or spreading missinformation like how TSLRP fixes every bug in the game (anyone who played 1.0b8 knows that ain't true) and TSLRCM is filled with gamebreaking bugs and thus they wait. Their loss. Still, it sucks to read stuff like that, which obviously is false, definitely with 1.7 (more with 1.8)... :/

• Like 2

If we angry, childish, little teenagers, someone would probably get the earliest version of TSLRP, make it even more buggy and have it more susceptible to constant crashes, and then upload it on the Star Wars GameFront as the newest version of the TSLRP...

But hey, we're all sensible people...right?

Maybe if we took 3 years...

I suppose that could be arranged. Report another bug with the HK factory and I'll think of some way to consume 2 more years of time. :P

• Like 1

Hehe, it's like the old TSLRP forums again, just no life threatening messages.

I'm playing through TSLRCM for the first time for the purpose of testing a mod. Before now, I had based the mod off of some trailers I had seen on YouTube, and I wasn't a big fan of what I was seeing. For the first time in a while, T3-M4 beeped during the introduction to Telos, instead of the game skipping over his dialog. That's so cool to me. Not sure why. Just wanted to say that I appreciated all the work done on this mod as I continue my playthrough. Wish you the best of luck in 1.8.

Emphasis added.

No-where near the amount of people complaining, so no... not really the same.

Maybe if we took 3 years, but I doubt we get that far ;).

It's always a shame when I hear people bash on us, or spreading misinformation like how TSLRP fixes every bug in the game (anyone who played 1.0b8 knows that ain't true) and TSLRCM is filled with game-breaking bugs and thus they wait. Their loss. Still, it sucks to read stuff like that, which obviously is false, definitely with 1.7 (more with 1.8)... :/

It seems Exile007 isn't saying anything wrong about the TSLRCM, he's actually complimenting it. So thanks for your best wishes of luck, Exile007. (Best of luck for your GenoHaradan mod!)

I suppose that could be arranged. Report another bug with the HK factory and I'll think of some way to consume 2 more years of time. :P

This better be the final final version then with no bugs :).

Emphasis added.It seems Exile007 isn't saying anything wrong about the TSLRCM, he's actually complimenting it. So thanks for your best wishes of luck, Exile007. (Best of luck for your GenoHaradan mod!)

Wrong user, SH... ;)

No.

Though we already use a Darth Insidious modding resource, I am not sure he's so warm to us yet that he would give permission for the window update...

I'm sorry for overreacting. I had a particularly bad week because of some real live issues. Contributing to TLRCRM kept me distracted/happy for a while, but then I got that comment and it felt like I hit that brick wall again. :help:

I've moved on. I'm helping with bead-v's approach to the cutscene now.

• Like 1

It looks like the Kreia cutscene will be finished with only minimal editing on my part. Very nicely done, bead-v! :)

Is there anything else that I can help with? Any cutscenes or scripted events that need sound?

It looks like the Kreia cutscene will be finished with only minimal editing on my part. Very nicely done, bead-v! :)

Is there anything else that I can help with? Any cutscenes or scripted events that need sound?

Might we see a HD video example of this?

Might we see a HD video example of this?

I think bead-v can do you one better and give you the entire cutscene in not too long. All I did was edit the music track to add two effects. I don't think there will be much left for me to do on it, so if I can help out elsewhere.. I'd like to.

Just dropped by to say this:

You guys are awesome; TSLRCM is the reason I bought and played KotOR a month back and intend to buy KotOR II this summer.

Also, you must really love doing this; I can't imagine the work you must have done since 1.7

Speaking of which, ensure that you get good publicity so that your labours don't go largely unheeded. Nehrim had the advantage of being on Bethblog multiple times leading up to its release. ModDB will certainly spotlight you guys at the end of the year, but also try contacting Bioware, LucasArts, and Obsidian leading up to your release; I'm sure that one or all of them would post a message on their blog about 1.8's release.

I'm sure Obsidian would be particularly happy to oblige, considering how badly they could use some KotOR II sales right now.

Just dropped by to say this:

You guys are awesome; TSLRCM is the reason I bought and played KotOR a month back and intend to buy KotOR II this summer.

Also, you must really love doing this; I can't imagine the work you must have done since 1.7

Speaking of which, ensure that you get good publicity so that your labours don't go largely unheeded. Nehrim had the advantage of being on Bethblog multiple times leading up to its release. ModDB will certainly spotlight you guys at the end of the year, but also try contacting Bioware, LucasArts, and Obsidian leading up to your release; I'm sure that one or all of them would post a message on their blog about 1.8's release.

I'm sure Obsidian would be particularly happy to oblige, considering how badly they could use some KotOR II sales right now.

I don't think Obsidian gets any money for sales of KotOR 2 anymore, seeing as how it's no longer in production. If you bought it, all your money would go to Gamestop or wherever.

I don't think Obsidian gets any money for sales of KotOR 2 anymore, seeing as how it's no longer in production. If you bought it, all your money would go to Gamestop or wherever.

Without actually knowing how the contract is actually framed, I would assume that you are probably correct considering that Obsidian is an independent company.

No.

Though we already use a Darth Insidious modding resource, I am not sure he's so warm to us yet that he would give permission for the window update...

Aren't you capable to rewrite this fixes by your own? (at least last two)

I think it is pretty easy to create whose two texture fixes using your own resourses - to recreate them.

I could make, for example, totally new Mandalorian banner using only original screen and the Mandalorian logo from the internet - its easy to repaint it in photoshop or similar program. If you interested, I could do it.

P.S. Sorry for my english, not my native language.

Aren't you capable to redo these fixes on your own? (at least the last two)

I think it is pretty easy to create those two texture fixes using your own resourses - to recreate them.

It is even easier to download those mods - to which there are now links to them in this thread - and install them yourself after the you install the main mod.

Why recreate something that someone else has already done? (And I might add, done well. I voted for Goto's Windows Fix as TSL Mod Of The Year at LF the year it came out.)

It is even easier to download those mods - to which there are now links to them in this thread - and install them yourself after the you install the main mod.

Why recreate something that someone else has already done? (And I might add, done well. I voted for Goto's Windows Fix as TSL Mod Of The Year at LF the year it came out.)

This mods are really easy to do (maybe except Ebon Hawk retexturing). Mission loading screen as I could remember - is not exactly the same as in the original game (different angle, different line-effect), planet texture difference from the vanilla one (different color for example - he could at least tweak this during the creation of the mod).

It could be easier to implement them in update. Especially when banner fix is really a fix, not a visual improvement.

If anyone could provide me with original banner textures (I do not had here game installed) - I could repaint them during today.

The main plot in such updates - is that you want to install one patch and had everything possible installed for the game. Not searching all over internet for dozens of possible fixes and tweaks - and when comparing every mod with original game for exact matching - for mod to be really a fix, not author's fantasy of "how should it be".

P.S. I really appreciate your work and what have you done over the years of development. If there is anything I could possibly help - it will be a pleasure for me.

• Like 1

What part of your request falls under "restoration" I have to ask?

I always thought that the purpose of the restoration project was not only to restore content, but also to fix some bugs, that were left from the Obsidian. In 1.7 patchnote I saw not only restored content :) Cause it is a real headache to cross-patch a game with different fixes. I need to check if small fixes are included in your patch or not, I need to check compatibility of any fix with another and so on. It easier to have all-in-one patch. And those fixes not really too complex or hard to implement.

Anyway - there is sample of what can be done with whose banners

5eca258dff01f852569f3f8c95bf4032.jpeg

It is a photoshop proceeded original loading screen, not the mod one, which had different angle and line-effect.

This screen uses the original loading screen. I just changed the logo on it and returned original line-effect.

I could retexture all three banner textures as well, it's simple.

I really hope there is some meaning in what I do))

Ok, I made totally new Mandalorian banner fix :)

It is improved compared to the old one due to several reasons: original loading screen and more original logo texture

Compare:

Original | Previous Mod | New fix

34f86407b3a24124fa1abad54c143165.jpegfba8532d8e9ef17eae584f12b4ccc2e2.jpegb06ed07e7e3491513e09eff17218314d.jpeg

There is no more color differences from the original one. Logo itself have more noticeable texture ornament, not just color overlay

Loading screen:

Previous Mod | New fix

7125f1fc5bee6cfd7ab39e1e2263f15e.jpeg5eca258dff01f852569f3f8c95bf4032.jpeg

Download page, four TGA included. Also I include four photoshop sources for anyone to modify this fix

http://ge.tt/9TanlEF/v/0

Niiiice.

But, eh, why upload it on a whole different site than just, you know, here in the downloads section?

EDIT:

Where did that logo come from anyway?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mandalorian

Looks like the one here, though with distinct changes. Anyone?

Not enough of a Star Wars fan to know such stuff...

I'm new on this site and sometimes confused by possibilities, that I should use or not)

Uploading on another site (it's not a site really, just a resource to keep your files. No ADs as far as I know) just seems more handy to me :)

I really hope that there is no more obstacles to include Mandalorian banner fix into 1.8 now :) Since there is no more of that tiresome permissions to get from every modder. I personally hate this "no one should use my mod in any way bla bla bla".

Windows fix is not really a fix, but a visual improvement. As far as I know - restoration project is not intended to improve visual quality - so there is probably no sense in doing it. I mean it would be good to had something like this - but there is really no "restoration" on this matter :)

Where did that logo come from anyway?

It's the symbol of the Neo-Crusaders of the Mandalorian Wars, as opposed to the more modern Jaing skull that was adopted after.

It's the symbol of the Neo-Crusaders of the Mandalorian Wars, as opposed to the more modern Jaing skull that was adopted after.

Which is from...?

If it's from a comic or something that was made after KOTOR2 obviously I can't include it since it wasn't an oversight but something made up after KOTOR2...

Also, have to put it in the team of course.