Hassat Hunter

Scenes that need improvement?

As you've probably already noticed if you read each thread here, we are working on another patch/version (not sure which of the 2 it eventually becomes, but my bet would be on 1.7 smile.gif. It has a nice little surprise probably for all of you...). And well, with each increment in version we run further and further out of stuff to restore and/or fix.

The end looks in sight, so I was wondering, what parts of restored content, as they are in 1.6A, are somewhat bothersome to you in their execution. What do you think screams "mod" all over, and should be getting a bit more professional approach in camera work or timing or something else?

Because, face it, not each and every piece of cut content fits in. We didn't restore those that really do that much (Atris as Darth Traya, GenoHaradan, Mira on Telos, etc.), but maybe you figure some of the things we did restore stand out a little sore?

Can't make any promises that it will be rigorously changed though...

Hi Hassat

The bug of the repulsor fist of Bao-Dur in the underground base.

We made a big deal on the ability of Bao-Dur to break the force fields with his repulsor fist. Except at the opening of the first force field, for which the animation is OK, Bao-Dur will never use his repulsor fist but fire on the fields (or attack with a sword) and, worse, he starts shooting in any position, including his companions or back to the target or on his feet!....

The files in question to correct this bug are probably confined to:

232TEL_s.rim door_telfirst.utd

232TEL_dlg.erf ffield_1.dlg

The a_global_set and c_global_set of 232TEL_ForceField could be used to identify the first force field and the other ones.

The test for the presence of Bao-Dur in the active group is necessary for the first force field. For the following, he is always there.

But this test is probably not even necessary for the first force field since Bao-Dur must be in the active group and can not be removed.

TTLan

Edited by ttlan

Guest DH-010

I haven't played 1.6 yet (you're all just too fast for me...:)), so forgive me if it was already fixed.

The only thing that bothered me was the camerawork on T3-M4 during his solo mission in the warehouse on Telos. On various occasions (talking to the warehouse droids, HK-50s and I think B4-D4 and T1-N1), the camera would pass through T3 which made for a couple of awkward scenes. Like looking in T3's armpit (if he really has one).

This is the only 'unprofessional' thing that comes to mind really, you all did such good job!...

Couldn't find it in the 1.6 fixes-list posted earlier, so I can't be sure if it is already fixed or not. So, again, if it was already, I apologize.

@ Ttlan: Not really what I meant, but it's a good idea none-the-less. I already asked it once before to them though, so it doesn't seem likely it will gonna happen. Wouldn't hurt to try again though.

@ Markus Ramikin: Take your time, it will still take some time, plenty left to fix still. Asking this with a wide margin of time for the maximum effect :).

@ DH-010: Never even encountered this...

Was just reading the changelog

* Added reward for doing Visas training

* Sullustan and other quest-related NPCs are now removed from Jekk'Jekk Tarr when bounty hunters attacks you

* Added heal script for party members when entering Goto's Yacht

* Added HK-influence-decrease script to speeder bike convo

* Kreia now removes her hood on-screen

* Fixed bug, when sometimes Sion would stop attacking Atton

* You can no longer ask Kreia about the future of dead party members

* Fixed Atton's dialog at the ending if he loses his battle with Sion

I have motivation to find time to play again!

* Added missing Exile's gender check

What's that about, Twin Suns? But why, maybe they're bi? :)

The gender check is for a few Exchange thugs who were calling female PC's "he". Most probably wont see it since they give them an one-way ticket to the ground :).

Of course they did. But this project is big, so there's a lot to monitor.

Speaking of which, I found something that should be remanned. It is not a bug, but rather an inconsistency. Telos, while mercs are attacking the Ithorians. There are a lot of pannicked Ithorians (with good reason: the mercs are killing them ?en-masse?). But then, you gotta get to Moza which is still held hostage or about to be executed with another Ithorian, the one that takes care of the Bachani plants. If you talk to this one after having killed those mercs, he'll act as if you did not kill anyone and speaks with you matterfactly about the plants and blah blah blah. I say, since they have "Ithorian" VO's, let's give him the pannicked voice and have him say something like "Please, don't let them hurt any more of my kind." Or something like that, instead of his classic "Welcome to the botanic shop, please don't mind the bodies and take a look at the plants" thinghy.

I know that would require to add a line, but that'd be worth-it and not too hard to do, in my opinion :)

I do. Can't speak for the other guys though, although I try testing theirs too (whenever possible :)).

So, what is it?

@ MrPhil: You mean just during the assault, right? Because otherwise it might give some issues in the smuggler quest...

Edited by Hassat Hunter

Yeah during the assault, that particular flatworm is acting as if nothing special's happening. However, since I imagine no content exists for this, I'm really not sure what exactly I'd change about him, if we want to avoid adding non-restored content.

Not a big deal... though some things that will make it into my report are hardly bigger. So someone think of something clever. :)

Hassat, can you tell me if that -20 mod to saves that mercs have in the Khoonda battle is intended?

And if it is, what's the reasoning behind it?

___

Wooohoo, more Kreia dialogue.

<3 this version.

Edited by Markus Ramikin

Hassat, can you tell me if that -20 mod to saves that mercs have in the Khoonda battle is intended?

Nope.

And what was the issue, or do I have to wait for your list?

Oh, it's not? I posted about it in 1.4 and 1.5 I'm pretty sure... I don't even know if I dislike it, it's just different from other parts of the game (except I guess Korriban where you get the opposite of this) so I figured I'd make sure it's intended.

And the issue was the healing of Bao-Dur after capturing by Handmaidens. It doesn't work if you just tell him to go to the ship. It works only if you pick him for your party.

It'll be on the list, too. I'm on my second planet atm. :P

IIRC it is supposed just to be applied to the militia (it's the result of using the [persuade/intimidate] option. Might be a bit too much, but it might be -10 or what even without it or somesuch... I don't know, I didn't make that fight :P). Only it also gets applied to the mercenaries too for some reason. While it shouldn't.

Well, that's what I think Stoney or Zbyl answered when I asked about this. It's been a while though so I may have misremembered some parts of it...

I didn't use the persuade/intimidate option.

Maybe it's a result of using the positive speech? That would actually make some sense, as in, now the militia has a morale advantage. But instead of giving a negative mod to mercs, why not give a positive one to militia?

Not that saves make much of a difference in normal melee/ranged combat, except against special weapons that stun or something. Normally they just affect Force Powers. So maybe there should be a mod to defense/attack instead.

Guest Darth Paulus

First of all, guys, I wanna thank you for this awesome mod and the enormous work you did.

As for the scenes that could use some tinkering with, I would recommend the Nar Shaddaa fighting through the masses of bounty hunters to get back to the Ebon Hawk. There are several path finding bugs as sometimes during the fight you displace to the opposite site of the Merchant Quarter. I think this is the only scene that screams "THIS IS THE MOD", I ever encountered during the entire playthrough.

The second thing is the T3's hidden hologram of Mandalore. The camera could use some other angle.

I thought that NS teleporting thingie already got fixed in 1.6 :P

Guess not... *sad*

Anyways, reading the Let's Play it mentioned a lot of additional Atris dialogue. And for sure, it would all fit in, except for the "council still lives" part (seems like Telos was intended before the Dantooine meet), so I made that inaccessable anyway.

And then checking all the other stuff around her it seems the "beacon? For who?" scene is much more expensive. But why wasn't it triggered? Because an OE dev launched the wrong damn script. Grrrr...

So fixed that, and apparently the entire cutscene got some camera issues and lipsync (but you'll barely notice that because the cam doesn't get near). So fixed that too. Now I only need to ask Zbyl or Stoney to fix the script to make the exile run away after leaving Atris alive, would look better than the sudden teleportation :P.

To make a long story short: OE's dialogue editing sucks, and there will be a lot of additional Atris stuff in 1.7...

I thought that NS teleporting thingie already got fixed in 1.6 :P

Guess not... *sad*

I was going to ask, what teleporting thingie, as I never had any such problem in 1.5... just encountered it though.:( Atton gets moved to the other end of the Refugee Landing Pad as soon as he moves close to the Zhugs who show up from both sides. He also says something about needing to get back to the ship, as it's his only way off planet.

The game also likes to crash after that, if I try to reload my quicksave.

there will be a lot of additional Atris stuff in 1.7...

Why am I filled with apprehension suddenly :P Actually I know why. Because your record with Atris so far isn't promising. ;) First you stuck that horrible Atris music into the first meeting with her. This was protested, so you removed it - and stuck it into that scene with her later in the game (which is still annoying; I wonder if you came to your senses by 1.6 or not - haven't got that far in my current playthrough). And if memory serves, you extended the dialogue between Atris and Kreia to the point where it's just too long.

/is teh critical guy.

Or maybe it's that I'm hungry atm and that makes me grouchy. Who knows.

Edited by Markus Ramikin

Well, you can skip the huge mega-convo branch restored by picking lines looking like this:

"You should have weared your black robes Atris, cause your blood will smear real bad during our fight, and is hell to remove from that color." (Note: may not be an actual ingame option)

And if you dislike the cutscene I will personally come and slap you :P. Although you can prevent it from running by using the same similar sounding lines...

Fixing some positioning would be ideal first time I ran TSLRCM I found Kreia looking away then to the far right dissapearing then finally looking away again.

Although your talking about scenes also some AI Tweaking would be nice since thats probably something OE didnt do and needs much restoring in.

first time I ran TSLRCM I found Kreia looking away then to the far right dissapearing then finally looking away again.

I have no idea what you're talking about...

I have some changes to dialog.tlk that I'd like to contribute. What's the best way to go about that? I have the tlk editor and I have incorporated them into my tlk file, and seen at least one come up in my current game. The changes are spelling and word choice, and are relatively minor. I could either give the StrRef and the changes and post them here, or create a patch if that's preferred. I'm also happy to continue changing dialog.tlk where appropriate for things that need it. How to proceed?