reivzjE

HK Factory

Guest DragonEmperor

lol, yah. Make sure you get him to talk about the sonic sensor. I believe it involves the dialogue about the alien saying. If you don't get him to talk about it, you may miss out. I did once and I made sure to follow the dialogue tree in the games after that.

Guest staticjoe66

DragonEmperor thank you for that reminder about HK asking you how you speak so many languages--I had forgotten all about that line and it definitely is the key line to be watching for

lol, yah. Make sure you get him to talk about the sonic sensor. I believe it involves the dialogue about the alien saying. If you don't get him to talk about it, you may miss out. I did once and I made sure to follow the dialogue tree in the games after that.

Ah I just come on to check this thread again because I thought the quest hadn't worked for me. I've got as far as the cut scene where he tortures the other droids into telling him it's on Telos (which was hilarious) and I've just defeated Vaklu for Queen Talia on Onderon. My next drop is Dantooine to meet the reformed council. Am I right in thinking it's still a little further on before I go to this factory on Telos? ;)

Guest DragonEmperor

lol I won't spoil the story, but just continue the game. It happens automatically. You are pretty close though.

ok we have issues. i found no factory. I never went to the droid factory, and I did have the sonic imprint conversation and did kill 3 teams of hk-50s

Edited by valiantofficer

Hello. Just registered to add my coin. I can't say yet that "I was not on factory" but still.

Game itself here is 1.0b patch + tslrcm 1.06a. While being in rage about bugged swoop races (not your fault I know :( ) I noticed few things :

1. Properly got quest for finding factory from 47th.

2. 1st group of 50s for quest met on Dantooine , while 47th is in party , he's turning off their weapons forcing conversation between them about it but for killing itself he's standing behind being dropped from party (you have only 2 icons, can conrol 2 chars) - no quest update. If 47th isn't in party - you're getting quest update after killing.

3. 2nd group met on Korriban. Same thing, for noticeable quest update you shouldn't have 47th in party.

Since then I've met 50s plenty of times:

Droid warehouse (T3 mission) - no quest update.

G0T0 yacht (while leaving it, near Ebon Hawk entrance) - they even had some conversation but same , no quest update.

Plenty of 50s slaughtered while party led by Atton trying to change ID signature & stay alive (bounty hunters attacks).

Is that actually correct?

P.S. Not sure is it worth to make another thread but on Nar Shaddaa quest "Wayward Captain" seems to be broken. You're getting it, going in Jek Jek Tarr and... He's not there. I remember that he should be at the corner in dead end room which not leading to private chamber & tunnels so when I found nothing there I just continued cleaning area thinking that mod probably moved him somewhere else within tavern. I was wrong. Two slow whole tavern searches before entering tunnels allows me to say that damn NPC is not there. After leaving G0T0 yacht & dealing with Jedi master quest simply disappeared from log. On yacht itself it was there still.

P.P.S. time to say thanks for team :( Thank you guys , keep it going! You just brought new life for good old KOTOR

Hmmm, no quest-updates with HK-47? Odd?

But yeah, the ones listed (T3, NS battle, G0-T0 yacht) are not included in the 3 groups. Nor is the one on the Telos Polar Cap if you cheated HK together before then...

I'll look into the captain. He's supposed to dissapear when you enter the JJT for the meeting with Visquish. Did you try it during that time or before?

Guest Senka

P.S. Not sure is it worth to make another thread but on Nar Shaddaa quest "Wayward Captain" seems to be broken. You're getting it, going in Jek Jek Tarr and... He's not there. I remember that he should be at the corner in dead end room which not leading to private chamber & tunnels so when I found nothing there I just continued cleaning area thinking that mod probably moved him somewhere else within tavern. I was wrong. Two slow whole tavern searches before entering tunnels allows me to say that damn NPC is not there. After leaving G0T0 yacht & dealing with Jedi master quest simply disappeared from log. On yacht itself it was there still.

P.P.S. time to say thanks for team :( Thank you guys , keep it going! You just brought new life for good old KOTOR

Spoke him by Mira. He was there.

Nor is the one on the Telos Polar Cap if you cheated HK together before then...

I'll look into the captain. He's supposed to dissapear when you enter the JJT for the meeting with Visquish. Did you try it during that time or before?

Nope, 47th was activated after Telos so I didn't list any meetings with 50s before getting quest ofcourse :(

Err... Disappear? Sigh, while playing unpatched game back then I always force persuaded him while clearing JJT for the meeting...So I tried to find him during that time & not before. Could be the reason then.

Spoke him by Mira. He was there.
I didn't check that room with her, auto level up &

rushed straight to Visquis because I was pretty sure he'll be in that room, I'm playing dark side char -> she'll be killed & not join the party -> no point doing anything with her %)

I just checked with 1.6a... Captain was there were he was supposed to be.

Not a TSLRCM issue thus.

Since you said earlier that he's supposed to disappear during main character meeting with Visquis I guess it's my own issue then :(

Thank you for your answers.

Well, I checked out your HK-47 thing and you're right about Dantooine, so I would also assume Korriban (didn't check there).

It did work fine though on Onderon. And even if the journal isn't updated, it does count the groups of HK's correctly. So don't worry about missing out on one just because the journal didn't update...

Guest staticjoe66

HH couldn't that be because the game doesn't expect you have HK rebuilt until Nar Shaddaa? I ask because you run into 3 groups of HK's on Dxun/Onderon then another team on Korriban and yet another team on the return to Onderon...just a thought...

Well, I checked out your HK-47 thing and you're right about Dantooine, so I would also assume Korriban (didn't check there).

It did work fine though on Onderon. And even if the journal isn't updated, it does count the groups of HK's correctly. So don't worry about missing out on one just because the journal didn't update...

Guest Senka
HH couldn't that be because the game doesn't expect you have HK rebuilt until Nar Shaddaa? I ask because you run into 3 groups of HK's on Dxun/Onderon then another team on Korriban and yet another team on the return to Onderon...just a thought...

Should we go to Nar Shaada just after Dantooine? I go to Dantooine just after Telos...

Nah, we just dropped the ball somewhere in the .ncs script.

Due to the HK encounters dropping HK-47 parts, you can complete him without finishing NS (unlike Vanilla).

Guest staticjoe66

Dantooine is probably the best planet to start on if you play an unmodded game (TSLRCM aside) and don't use the KSE because it's the best planet to build your lightsaber. If you install mods and/or use the KSE it really doesn't matter although I like to do Dantooine first to gain influence with Bao-Dur, and Mical, if I'm playing a LS F--if I'm playing Dark Side I gain some good influence with Atton

Should we go to Nar Shaada just after Dantooine? I go to Dantooine just after Telos...

Guest staticjoe66

Ah ha ok--thanks for clarifying that

Nah, we just dropped the ball somewhere in the .ncs script.

Due to the HK encounters dropping HK-47 parts, you can complete him without finishing NS (unlike Vanilla).

So I'm playing through the mod a second time, with a dark side character. I know that the HK-47 mod influences the ending with the remote and G0-T0 - if you blow it all up, G0-T0 controls HK and wins, and if you take over the HK-51s, HK kills G0-T0.

Obviously, as a dark side character, I don't want to blow up Malachor, so does that mean I should blow up everything instead of taking over the HK-51s? Basically, I'm wondering if I screw up the dark side ending by taking over the HK-51s, which is my preferred method of doing the factory.

Guest staticjoe66

Xellos the LS ending is to shut down the factory and kill off both production lines--however...since I despise G0T0 more than any other character in TSL I do the DS ending, even when playing a LS character, just to see G0T0 get destroyed...I LOVE that scene...

As far as I know the LS vs DS ending is totally dependent on your Exile being LS or DS and the choices you make in the HK Factory affect only that particular cutscene but Stoney, Sith Holochron and/or Hassat Hunter are much more qualified to provide you with a correct answer as I am going by my own game experience

So I'm playing through the mod a second time, with a dark side character. I know that the HK-47 mod influences the ending with the remote and G0-T0 - if you blow it all up, G0-T0 controls HK and wins, and if you take over the HK-51s, HK kills G0-T0.

Obviously, as a dark side character, I don't want to blow up Malachor, so does that mean I should blow up everything instead of taking over the HK-51s? Basically, I'm wondering if I screw up the dark side ending by taking over the HK-51s, which is my preferred method of doing the factory.

LS or DS and the choices you make in the HK Factory affect only that particular cut-scene but Stoney, Sith Holochron and/or Hassat Hunter are much more qualified to provide you with a correct answer as I am going by my own game experience.

Hassat Hunter sent me this in a recent email...

1) Enable the HK-51's at the HK Factory but don't disable them or upload HK-47 programming; battle them after HK-50's are done. You can leave some HK-51's alive and your journal will be different depending on it, but it doesn't really make a difference AFAIK.

2) Enable HK-51's, upload HK-47 programming, disable production. You get them as followers, and you'll blast G0-T0.

3) Murder them all in the HK Factory! Disable both. Will leave G0-T0 and HK-47 alone. Not sure what the requirements are for (no) domination, gotta ask Stoney that.

4) No factory at all, HK-50's help G0-T0 against HK-47. Domination? See 3.

Hope that helps!

On a related note, I was going to try to put together a full walk through but VP might be doing it instead since he might be doing some more work on the HK Factory.

Guest staticjoe66

TYVM Sith Holocron--I either upload HK-47's programming to the HK-51's and 47 becomes their leader and on Malachor G0T0 gets a free ticket to Raxus Prime -OR- shut down both lines scrapping the survivors then on Malachor G0T0 dominates HK-47 and the cutscene ends with HK-47 going after Bao-Dur's remote which I would guess is option 3...maybe...?? In any case HH's 4 possible scenarios are very interesting so thanks again!

Hassat Hunter sent me this in a recent email...

Hope that helps!

On a related note, I was going to try to put together a full walk through but VP might be doing it instead since he might be doing some more work on the HK Factory.

Xellos the LS ending is to shut down the factory and kill off both production lines--however...since I despise G0T0 more than any other character in TSL I do the DS ending, even when playing a LS character

I'd just like to point out the obvious, that you're playing HK-47 in the factory, not Exile, so whether your Exile is LS or DS has absolutely no bearing on anything because you're doing what HK-47 wants to do, not what the Exile wants to do.

Kind of like when you take over B4-D4 on Telos CS. You can go on a rampage of blackmail and misinformation as B4 even if you're Exile is going Lightside, and it makes perfect sense, story-wise.

That's what I like to do, too, on my Lightside playthroughs. My B4 goes nuts, my HK-47 keeps the 51s and I get to see Goto die. Best reason to get a restoration mod ever. Getting to see Goto die. Mm, sorry, got distracted. :D

Not to mention there isn't really a DS/LS ending. Not anymore at least :D.

But I guess it's hard to get some vanilla stuff out of people...

Well, it seams logical to me that (only) if G0T0 is blown up to pieces, Exile's alignment should come in to play again and decide the final outcome fate of Malachor, because remote should wait for general's orders as I remember, but hey, whatever...