reivzjE

HK Factory

Almost got stuck, but that was because I couldn't figure out what to do for a little while when shutting down the reactor.

But it was very enjoyable to play, great restoration whoever did it all :D

Ok, I'm in the factory, and I got the option to download HK-50 behavior into HK-47. I saved and did it just to see what happens...and I crash while HK is tentatively diagnosing himself. This happens every time I try to download the programming. i have no other mods, running 1.6, and I started from the beginning with the mod installed. I had started a vanilla game before I found this mod, had finished Dantooine and was starting Nar Shadda. I erased all of those saves and started over when I downloaded the mod. Suggestions?

Well, ater reloaded the game several times with no luck, I deicded to continue exploring. I went to the other terminal, saw that it needed an HK-50 overrride, then went back to the other terminal and haven't crashed after downloading the new personality. We'll see if this continues.

Hmm, I couldn't figure out how to unlock the HK51 console, even after downloading the behavior core and getting the datapad from the falled HK50 unit. THoughts?

Hmm, I couldn't figure out how to unlock the HK51 console, even after downloading the behavior core and getting the datapad from the falled HK50 unit. THoughts?

My first thought is blow it up. The 1.6 HK factory has the terminal become locked, and there's nothing else you can really do with it.

Guest staticjoe66

Another way to do it is resume HK-51 production from the same terminal you view the HK-51 schematics before you have the maintenance droid get rid of your self-preservation program. When you get to the room in which the HK-50's talk to you then fire at you, go to the right--that is the HK-51 section. Go into the little room and grab the datapad from the scrapped 50 then head for the terminal--you should now be able to DL the HK-51 upgrades as well as UL HK-47's behavior core to the 51's...yeah, I know..."technically" that's the DS ending, but I hate Goto more than any other character in TSL and absolutely love to see him get blasted on Malachor

My first thought is blow it up. The 1.6 HK factory has the terminal become locked, and there's nothing else you can really do with it.

If I encountered 3 HK-50's at the time it was pretty much impossible to defeat them without setting mines everywhere and try to get them to follow you.

The application of the "Brave Sir Robin" defense is useful in dealing with multiple units. Use shield, position your self to limit the number of units faced, blast away until your health is low, run away until they stop following, and heal up. Rinse and repeat. This works for me, especially with a Verpine Droid Disintegrator Rifle.

Guest Jaatspbt

Or you can do what I do and simply use the insta-kill pistol :)

Guest staticjoe66

I play the game on difficult with Shem's Super Enhanced Mods installed and I have no problems in the HK Factory--you should already have plenty of shields and repair/construction kits so once you find and equip the Capacitor Armor you should be able to blow right through the factory. I usually equip HK-47 with 2 anti-droid pistols and the first feat I max out is Two Weapon Fighting then Rapid Shot so as long as I don't forget about the Capacitor Armor--which I have done before...--and watch my shields I normally don't have very much trouble

If I encountered 3 HK-50's at the time it was pretty much impossible to defeat them without setting mines everywhere and try to get them to follow you.

The application of the "Brave Sir Robin" defense is useful in dealing with multiple units. Use shield, position your self to limit the number of units faced, blast away until your health is low, run away until they stop following, and heal up. Rinse and repeat. This works for me, especially with a Verpine Droid Disintegrator Rifle.

Or you can do what I do and simply use the insta-kill pistol :thumbup:

i remember in one playthrough I had to fight a lot of hk's with the hk-51's as my allies. This time's playthrough didn't generate that... I think its because of me destroying all the HK 51's in their manufacturing control center. Is that why that battle I talked about didn't happen?

Guest staticjoe66

In my playthroughs the only place I had the HK-51's help was taking on the last 3 HK-50's when they talk about the reason they shut down the 51's production line...funny scene.

In any case yes, that's probably why--I could be wrong but I don't believe there's a way to recruit the 50's, I think it's a choice between getting the 51's on your side or shutting down the whole factory

i remember in one playthrough I had to fight a lot of hk's with the hk-51's as my allies. This time's playthrough didn't generate that... I think its because of me destroying all the HK 51's in their manufacturing control center. Is that why that battle I talked about didn't happen?

Guest hkmandalore47

So when I have HK-47 in my party and i am attacked by a group of HK-50's, HK-47's profile picture disappears from my party and just stands there until I kill the HK-50's. Is this normal? and how do i trigger the torture scene? I have already killed many groups of HK-50's.

dont worry, that part is completely normal. it happens with every group of hks when u have hk 47 in your party. thats because of hk 47's self preservation program, rendering him incapable of attacking hk 50s, or being attacked by them. thats why he just stands there and his picture disappears. later on when u get to the hk factory, thats when u end the self preservation program.

You probably updated to a newer version of TSLRCM. That was in an older version...

I am using only mods listed in the compatibility thread, and only a few. I do not use the USM. The only gameplay mods I use are EZswoop and No Lightsaber Quest.

I have reached the manufacturing area of the HK factory and I entered the first room. I am faced with a multitude of units shooting at me. I retreat back up the corridor to repair and shield up. When I start back down the units are shooting at me through the walls. I battled most of the units in that room without ever going back inside it. Hk units have the ability to see each other through walls and fire blaster bolts through them? I am thinking I found a very minor bug here that could be fixed in the next release.

Yeah, they never went around to properly make the wall collision/detection perfect. And I don't think we can modify it ourselves.

So we have to live with it...

Just got a "small bug" with this quest.

I found my third HK-50 group on Dxun (near the weapons cache), killed then, then went back to the Hawk and the torture scene played perfectly.

But then the screen went to black with just the pointer. Fortunately, I was still able to hit escape, save from the menu (who appeared normally) then reload the save and I was fine.

The quest is displayed properly has ended in my quest journal

Basically I think the bug is with the "new journal entry" prompt not showing properly for some strange reason. (Maybe Dxun specific?!)

ps: I was hearing the Hawk ambiance sounds during the black screen, if this is relevant in any form and the picture associated with the save was normal (ie not black.)

Edit: It becomes more weird, if I load the save made during the black screen just after starting the game, the "new journal entry prompt with 100 XP" show up. But if I load the same save again, it doesn't appear.

Regardless, the XP and journal entry are added in both case.

Edited by Guiguioh

Guest Senka

Finished HK factory. Great job, guys, really great! :cool:

Guest emoryshe

So I have looked at the other threads here, and am confused. Is it AFTER the big fight on Onderon where I can go to the HK factory, or is it accessible after the first time there? btw yes I have fought 3 groups of HK-50s.

Im in the same boat. My journal has said that i have fought the three groups, and i need to go back to the eh. when I arrive , no cut sceen. I have not been to onderon yet either..

Guest Plastic

Im in the same boat. My journal has said that i have fought the three groups, and i need to go back to the eh. when I arrive , no cut sceen. I have not been to onderon yet either..

just keep playing the game. Towards the end of the game, the hk factory should play. It's one of the "final" levels.

Guest emoryshe

need help. have gone through the gave up to the ravanger. The cut sceen has not happen about hk47 . what should i do. using tsl 1.7.