WildKarrde

MOD:Peragus Medical Bay Enhancement

Peragus Medical Bay Enhancement

This mod makes some improvements to the Peragus medical bay and the opening cutscene where the player wakes up:
- The player now wears a breathing mask inside the kolto tank, similar to the dead miners in the other tanks.
- The hose on the breathing mask has been replaced with a higher polygon version.  It has also been relocated to run behind the user's neck
  (mostly so that it works with the player's "waking up" animations).
- The kolto tank bubbles have been adjusted slightly based on the parameters for the bubbles on the diving suit in KotOR 1.
- A water column mesh has been added inside each kolto tank.  The water level in the player's tank drops as the player slumps down in
  the opening cutscene, as described in developer notes in the original DLG.  After the opening cutscene, the kolto tank
  remains empty with no fluid.
- The dead miners have been replaced with placeable models which bob up and down slightly in the water and use somewhat
  higher-resolution head textures ported from KotOR 1.
- The leftmost miner, which was originally identical to one of the others, has been replaced with a new female miner based on a
  ported KotOR 1 player head and DarthParametric's "Female Czerka Officer's Uniform" modder's resource.
- A few clothing options are available for the dead miners:
    a) Vanilla-Style Uniforms:  The same uniforms which they wear in vanilla, which are slightly different than the ones worn by the
       player and the miners in the holologs.  The original uniform texture has been upscaled by Sith Holocron and is included here.
    b) Player-Style Uniforms:  Uniforms based on the combat suit model, matching the ones worn by the player and shown in the holologs
    c) Underwear:  Underwear similar to the wounded soldiers on Taris in KotOR 1
I have also included an alternative set of head and underwear textures which appear burned, based on textures by DarthParametric.  Note that if you use them with options (a) or (b), only the heads will be burned, and the uniforms will still be undamaged.

If you would also like the miners in the holologs to wear the type (a) uniform, you may be interested in the mod "Beta Peragus Miner Pack" by N-DReW25 (https://deadlystream.com/files/file/2018-beta-peragus-miner-pack/)

Thank you for downloading, and I hope you enjoy this mod!

Opening Cutscene:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

INSTALLATION

Run "INSTALL.exe" and follow the prompts.  When asked, select your preferred option for the dead miners' clothing.  It is normal to see warnings that 101per.mod and placeables.2da already exist and have been skipped.  If you would like to use the burned versions of the textures, copy the files from the folder "OPTION - Burned Skin Textures" into your game's Override folder after the main installation is complete.

This mod requires a new playthrough and is not compatible with existing saves.  If you are using The Sith Lords Restored Content Mod (TSLRCM) from the Steam Workshop, see this guide for how to combine installer-based mods with the Workshop: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=488641307

COMPATIBILITY
This mod requires The Sith Lords Restored Content Mod (TSLRCM) (https://deadlystream.com/files/file/578-tsl-restored-content-mod/).  It has not been tested without TSLRCM installed.  It is also known to be compatible with the following mods:

- The KotOR 2 Community Patch (K2CP) (https://deadlystream.com/files/file/1280-kotor-2-community-patch/)
- Peragus Tweak by VarsityPuppet (https://deadlystream.com/files/file/8-peragus-tweak/)
- Ultimate Peragus Models Repair by PapaZinos (https://deadlystream.com/files/file/2010-ultimate-peragus-models-repair/)
- Peragus Medical Monitors and Computer Panel by Sith Holocron (https://deadlystream.com/files/file/
  1375-peragus-medical-monitors-and-computer-panel/)

This mod is also compatible with texture-only reskin mods.  It is incompatible with any other mods which edit 101per2a.mdl/mdx or use mask/helmet variation 43.  For best results, install this mod after any of the mods listed above and any other mods which make significant changes to Peragus.

CREDITS
KotorBlender by seedhartha
tpcview and tga2tpc by ndix UR
NWNSSCOMP by Torlack and tk102
K-GFF by tk102
DLGEditor by tk102
TSL Patcher by stoffe and Fair Strides
ERFEdit by stoffe and Fair Strides
Kotor Tool by Fred Tetra
Holocron Toolset by Cortisol and th3w1zard1

The vanilla-style female miner uniform is based on the "Female Czerka Officer's Uniform" modder's resource by DarthParametric (https://deadlystream.com/files/file/1955-female-czerka-officers-uniform-modders-resource/).  It is used here in accordance with the permissions stated on its download page.

Thank you to DarthParametric for suggesting that the moving water column could be made with a placeable, which sidestepped some visibility issues I was having with moving emitters in the area model.  Thank you also to him for suggesting that I use his burned head/underwear textures and for providing his original Photoshop files as a resource.

Thank you to Dark Hope and DarthParametric for identifying that KotOR 1's kolto tank bubbles look better with the settings from the diving suit bubbles, which prompted me to do the same here.  (See https://deadlystream.com/topic/10826-dark-hope-wip/page/4/)

Thank you to Sith Holocron for providing upscaled textures for the miner heads and vanilla uniform.

Thanks to N-DReW25 for pointing out in his "Beta Peragus Miner Pack" mod that the original Peragus uniform was based on the Czerka uniform and for demonstrating that DarthParametric's female Czerka uniform resource could be handily used for the same purpose.

This mod includes material ported from Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic by Bioware.

VERSION HISTORY
1.0 - Initial Release
1.1 - Added burned skin textures, suggested by DarthParametric.
1.2 - Head and vanilla uniform textures have been upscaled by Sith Holocron.
    - Adjusted texture mapping of the right arm on the female vanilla-style miner
    - Added source code for the new scripts to the downloaded package
1.2.1 - Additional adjustments to the texture mapping for the vanilla-style female miner
      - Adjusted the leftmost miner's head position to be more similar to vanilla

DISCLAIMER AND PERMISSIONS
This modification is provided as-is and is not supported by Disney, Lucasarts, or Obsidian.  Use at your own risk.  The author shall not be held responsible for damage to your game installation, computer, or saved games resulting from the use of this mod.

This mod shall not be reposted, in whole or in part, on any sites other than Deadly Stream without the author's permission.  Assets from this mod shall not be redistributed in other modifications without the author's permission.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    08/16/2024
  • Category
  • TSLRCM Compatible
    Yes

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I'd love to see a video of this in action before downloading. Looks good though!

Edit: One other question, specifically about this part:

A few clothing options are available for the dead miners:
    a) Vanilla-Style Uniforms:  The same uniforms which they wear in vanilla, which are slightly different than the ones worn by the
       player and the miners in the holologs

Does the uniform described for Vanilla-Style uniforms above use the original texture? (I believe it's named PER_Kolto2?)

Edited by Sith Holocron
Added question

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Sith Holocron said:

Does the uniform described for Vanilla-Style uniforms above use the original texture? (I believe it's named PER_Kolto2?)

I actually changed it to N_miner01, which is the original texture that was downscaled into part of PER_Kolto2.  So those are also slightly better resolution than before.

19 hours ago, Sith Holocron said:

I'd love to see a video of this in action before downloading.

Makes sense, I'll see what I can put together.

EDIT:  OK, I've added a video of the opening cutscene to the mod description.  Hope you like what you see!

Edited by WildKarrde
  • Thanks 1