Sign in to follow this  
VojtaNesvadba

What about GameBanana/NexusMods?

Hey y'all,
I know the KOTOR games have sites on GameBanana and NexusMods. I prefer GameBanana because of other games (especially Sonic) but I know this forum for being a source of the actual mods most of times. So what are your thoughts about the other sites? Is it good to use them instead of this forum? Should I check for this forum everytime I check for mods to use in my new playthrough?

I like them websites because they have some kind of "wall" with new updates to old mods or new mods released for each game but I feel a bit confused using this forum for achieving the same thing.

1 hour ago, VojtaNesvadba said:

Hey y'all,
I know the KOTOR games have sites on GameBanana and NexusMods. I prefer GameBanana because of other games (especially Sonic) but I know this forum for being a source of the actual mods most of times. So what are your thoughts about the other sites? Is it good to use them instead of this forum? Should I check for this forum everytime I check for mods to use in my new playthrough?

I like them websites because they have some kind of "wall" with new updates to old mods or new mods released for each game but I feel a bit confused using this forum for achieving the same thing.

NexusMods I can understand, but... GameBanana? GameBanana has less than 30 mods for both K1 & K2 and the most modern mods were from over 5 years ago and some of the oldest mods are over 15 years old. What could GameBanana possibly have to make it come close to being a viable Kotor mod hub?

As for NesusMods, for me it's just another place where some good mods might be hosted... though sometimes there can be some really brain dead mods on there. As for you, I recommend you check both Deadlystream and NexusMods together. Think of it like going to the grocery store, sure... you might like one grocery store, but the grocery store across the street might have some deals you might also like. For example, there are some really neat AI Upscale mods on NexusMods not found on Deadlystream, and there are many mods on Deadlystream not found on NexusMods.

For an easier mod downloading experience, refer to the Kotor Community Mod Builds.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, N-DReW25 said:

NexusMods I can understand, but... GameBanana? GameBanana has less than 30 mods for both K1 & K2 and the most modern mods were from over 5 years ago and some of the oldest mods are over 15 years old. What could GameBanana possibly have to make it come close to being a viable Kotor mod hub?

As for NesusMods, for me it's just another place where some good mods might be hosted... though sometimes there can be some really brain dead mods on there. As for you, I recommend you check both Deadlystream and NexusMods together. Think of it like going to the grocery store, sure... you might like one grocery store, but the grocery store across the street might have some deals you might also like. For example, there are some really neat AI Upscale mods on NexusMods not found on Deadlystream, and there are many mods on Deadlystream not found on NexusMods.

For an easier mod downloading experience, refer to the Kotor Community Mod Builds.

Thanks for the reply. You are totally right. I don't like NexusMods because of how it requires account and sometimes premium to not spend whole day downloading mods so having an option to go for the source is much more valuable for me so I'll stick with this forum when I get again that KOTOR fever.

In my experience nexus is a great site, especially for Bethesda games. They maintain their own mod manager, which works well for most games they support.

Never tried using it with KOTOR though.

3 minutes ago, TheNonMan said:

Never tried using it with KOTOR though.

Don't use the Vortex Manager.  It doesn't work correctly on the KotOR games.

• Like 2