Sign in to follow this  
Sith Holocron

Favorite Content for KotOR2 (non restoration)

I'm curious what folks favorite mods for KotOR2 are - ones that aren't strictly restorations. I was hoping folks could post their own top ten lists. (Ten choice might be tough to come up with but try to have at least 3.) First name the mod, tell us all why you like it, and if there's an active link for it - hand that off to us too! (We might want to play with it too, ya know.) Upcoming, non-released mods for KotOR2 qualify for your lists as well.

Bonus points if you can tell us if these mods are compatible with TSLRCM! :D

To kick this off, I'll list some myself in no particular order. All of my choices will be mods that haven't been released yet. I don't include total conversion myself as I'm just personally concerned with using the original game with the characters we all know. (Don't feel you have exclude that sort of thing from your list though!)

1) The GenoHaradan by Exile007 - unreleased yet, so no download site is listed. It is supposed to be completely compatible with TSLRCM when it is finished though. Though there's some content that's on the discs being used here, it's being utilized in a new way to make it fit. I'm intrigued on how it'll all come together.

2) Malachor VI mod by Varsity Puppet and Bead-V - unreleased yet, so also no download site. It is supposed to be completely compatible with TSLRCM when finished though. Fixing pacing problems and filling in the blanks of what happened to the Exile's crew seem to be a winning combination. Unfortunately, this mod may never see completion due to Varsity Puppet's retirement from modding.

3) Rhen Var by Darth Insidious - This is a work in progress. Compatibility with TSLRCM 1.8 is a possibility but not is certainly not guaranteed. A new planet to explore sounds great to me!

4) Ravager Rewrite by Zbyl2 - The current version of this mod isn't compatible with TSLRCM 1.8 but a new version might be on the way with added features. Restored stuff programmer's notes, and restructuring how Mandalore and Visas are on the Ravager is an interesting way to go.

5) Admiralty Mod by Kreia (AKA Jinger) = Unfortunately no longer compatible with TSLRCM. Admiral Carth Onasi gets a uniform and looks more official in the process. I liked the cover!

6) M4-78 Enhancement Project by Zbyl2 and Darth Stoney - This mod too is a work in progress. It will be compatible with TSLRCM 1.8. I think being a VO person in it might make me a bit biased! LOL

7) Korriban Expansion by Newbiemodder - As M4-78 was removed from the original TSL, Korriban seems to have be given short shrift as a planet - when compared to the others, at least. This mod promises to tackle that balance. TSLRCM compatibility is possible but not guaranteed at this time.

I might add a couple or adjust the list in the future but I'll hold to this list for the present. Now, let's hear what you have to say!

Guest Darth_Shan

1) Revenge of Revan by Logan23 - Full mod unreleased, but a demo is available. A total conversion mod that picks up where TSL left off. Explaining what happened to the Exile's companions seems to be a winning formula.

2) Coruscant: Jedi Temple by deathdisco - I always wanted TSL to have one more planet, and this mod does a fine job of creating a fun and rewarding planet

3) Darth Sion Versus Master Vash Scene by Zbyl2- I always felt finding Vash's corpse on Korriban wash a huge anti-climax. I mean we don't even know how she got killed. This mod adds a 'death' scene for Lonna Vash on Korriban

4) Darth Nihilus Animation Fix by Khrizby - I always wanted to play as Darth Nihilus but the missing animations scared me away. Khrizby fixed Darth Nihilus' model by adding the missing animations!

5) Game Balance Mod - This mod makes many adjustments to the autobalance.2da file. Makes the game much more rewarding.

OK, thats not a mod but ok, (Jaden turns his head slightly to one side confused :unsure: )

1.Malachor VI (and I did spell it right SH) I really hope this one is finished (but enjoy your retirement VP).

2.M4-78EP

3.? I have lots I like but I can't pick a favorite (its like picking your favorite child right?)

5) Admiralty Mod by Kreia (AKA Jinger) = Compatible with TSLRCM. Admiral Carth Onasi gets a uniform and looks more official in the process. I like the cover!

Is it really? The compatibility list states otherwise:

"Admirality Mod by Jinger (AKA Kreia) - This mod does not work due to changes in 205TEL.mod."

Look at the date of the original post. At that time, the mod was comptible with TSLRCM (which version it was? 1.5? 1.6?)

"Admirality Mod by Jinger (AKA Kreia) - This mod does not work due to changes in 205TEL.mod."

Incidentally is there anyone who is considering or working on making it compatible? It's one of my top favorite mods, and I wish it would work. (maybe just replace the model of carth rather than changing the .mod?; that's the extent of my knowledge on the subject ... :help: )

Incidentally is there anyone who is considering or working on making it compatible? It's one of my top favorite mods, and I wish it would work. (maybe just replace the model of carth rather than changing the .mod?; that's the extent of my knowledge on the subject ... :help: )

Since we are on this topic now, does Admiral Onasi Reskin by Silveredge9 and/or Carth's Eye-Searing Armor Fix and Admiral's Uniform by cjt0202 achieve the same effect?

"Admiralty Mod by Jinger (AKA Kreia) - This mod does not work due to changes in 205TEL.mod."

My original entry has now been updated.

BTW, this thread should NOT be used for requests. I suggest using the General Kotor/TSL Modding section for that.

Malachor VI. I really hope this one is finished.

I hope some day it is finished too. I voiced a few lines in that mod too. (And IIRC, they were pretty funny.)