Sign in to follow this  
ShayOrdo

Why the mod doesn't work?

Greetings.

During my weekends I decided to redownload kotor and installed a big amount of mods, which all work fine except for the:

https://deadlystream.com/files/file/1109-sith-stalkers-k1/

As it only changes the sound of the Dark Jedi that should've been replaced by Stalker, but not the model itself. 

Also I mixed 2 more mods, first going for the :

https://deadlystream.com/files/file/1411-dark-jedi-wear-robes-for-jcs-cloaked-jedi-robes-mod/

And secondly going with :

https://deadlystream.com/files/file/1326-sith-assassin-ambush/

Before going for the mentioned mod... Could there be a reason why this one specifically refuses to work fully

That problem cannot be diagnosed without a full list of the mods that you are using, even then the answer is probably that they modify the same files and cause something to be broken.

45 minutes ago, Thor110 said:

That problem cannot be diagnosed without a full list of the mods that you are using, even then the answer is probably that they modify the same files and cause something to be broken.

Well, basically I used entire list of Diverse Galaxy mods made by N-Drew, along with K1 Legends mods, Weapon overhaul mods, the tin can and Parametrics vip tin-can, etc, leaving the Dark Jedi stuff last 

1 hour ago, ShayOrdo said:

These two mods conflict with one another.

3 minutes ago, ShayOrdo said:

Well, basically I used entire list of Diverse Galaxy mods made by N-Drew, along with K1 Legends mods, Weapon overhaul mods, the tin can and Parametrics vip tin-can, etc, leaving the Dark Jedi stuff last 

As you can see from the screenshots, these two mods change the same things in some levels, so in short, they are incompatible.

The Sith Stalker mod also explicitly states the following.

"If you intend to play with DarthParametric's Dark Jedi Wear Robes then you'll have to install that mod BEFORE Sith Stalkers [K1]."

So given that you installed that afterwards, I would say that is what caused your problem.

7 hours ago, Thor110 said:

These two mods conflict with one another.

As you can see from the screenshots, these two mods change the same things in some levels, so in short, they are incompatible.

The Sith Stalker mod also explicitly states the following.

"If you intend to play with DarthParametric's Dark Jedi Wear Robes then you'll have to install that mod BEFORE Sith Stalkers [K1]."

So given that you installed that afterwards, I would say that is what caused your problem.

I stated earlier that I installed that and Sith ambush mod firstly, then went for Sith stalker mod. The Sith Stalker[K1] was the last out of three mods I used 

1 hour ago, ShayOrdo said:

I stated earlier that I installed that and Sith ambush mod firstly, then went for Sith stalker mod. The Sith Stalker[K1] was the last out of three mods I used 

You stated no such thing, either way you have two mods changing the same files, something got broken.

The initial order of the mods matters and given that you stated them in a specific order, I can only guess that you installed them in that order.

10 hours ago, ShayOrdo said:

Greetings.

During my weekends I decided to redownload kotor and installed a big amount of mods, which all work fine except for the:

https://deadlystream.com/files/file/1109-sith-stalkers-k1/

As it only changes the sound of the Dark Jedi that should've been replaced by Stalker, but not the model itself. 

Also I mixed 2 more mods, first going for the :

https://deadlystream.com/files/file/1411-dark-jedi-wear-robes-for-jcs-cloaked-jedi-robes-mod/

And secondly going with :

https://deadlystream.com/files/file/1326-sith-assassin-ambush/

Before going for the mentioned mod... Could there be a reason why this one specifically refuses to work fully

You mentioned Sith Stalkers first, followed by Dark Jedi Wear Robes for JCS Cloaked Jedi Robes Mod, then you state secondly after implicitly expressing three mods in your post.

Did you also install it's pre-requisite as per it's specifications?

2 hours ago, Thor110 said:

You stated no such thing, either way you have two mods changing the same files, something got broken.

The initial order of the mods matters and given that you stated them in a specific order, I can only guess that you installed them in that order.

You mentioned Sith Stalkers first, followed by Dark Jedi Wear Robes for JCS Cloaked Jedi Robes Mod, then you state secondly after implicitly expressing three mods in your post.

Well, I stated that I went for Dark Jedi first, then the Ambush mod and then finally hitting Sith Stalker mod. Unfortunatly, English isn't my native so... Apologies if I made it seems as if I was saying it wrongly.

But I do have to tell that out of those 3 specific mods the Sith Stalker one was used as the last one,not the first one. 

2 hours ago, Thor110 said:

Also... What's a pre-requisite? 

2 hours ago, ShayOrdo said:

Also... What's a pre-requisite? 

Something that is required, for something else to work.

Unfortunately not all mods work together, you are best off trying out the major mod builds as they are thoroughly tested as opposed to installing whichever you choose, as mods often have conflicts especially when they change the same files.