11 hours ago, Magnetiicz said:

Xiiviiniity has been able to get the game to boot with remix with the qindiegl wrapper

Screenshot 2023-12-29 073749.png

As someone who isn't quite familiar with these "out of engine" projects I need to ask this, what's the context behind all this?

Remix is nVidia's program that allows you to inject raytracing and PBR materials into older fixed function pipeline games. Currently it only supports DirectX 8/9, although they have mentioned the possibility of adding OpenGL 1/2 support (which would include KOTOR) at some point in the future. The issue is that I gather they use DXVK as a wrapper, which doesn't support OpenGL, so they'd have to code that themselves.

Here's nVidia's video on Remix using Morrowind as an example:

1 hour ago, N-DReW25 said:

out of engine

Remix is actually in the game's original engine, which is what makes it so interesting. It basically sits between the game and the GPU.

• Like 1

The only issue now is the wrapper itself its outdated by 7 years so hopefully somebody will update it to work better. There is alot of screen flickering in some parts and texture blinking.

Seems like it only supports up to OpenGL 1.4 whereas KOTOR uses 1.5 I believe. If you look at the log output there are a ton of functions it doesn't support even just loading into the main menu.

• Sad 1