About This File
This mod fixes two problems with the VO in the game.
- T3-M4 was missing some VO files. This would cause his lines to be skipped when these files were referenced in the original game. The files missing were his short "question" variants. I was able to edit together new ones using his medium and long lines as a source.
- Some of the Gand entries were misplaced; they were typed on the unused Gotal line rather than the Gand line. In this case, the VO did exist, but it wasn't being referenced properly in the 2DA file. I've adjusted the file to correct that. I don't recall if this presented any problems in the released game, but the affected VO files were the "question" and "sad" variants. I didn't remove them from the Gotal line in case that was actually used for Gand VO in the game.
Extract files from the downloaded archive.
Click "Install Mod" and select your game directory (default name SWKOTOR2).
- Remove the installed files. Replace alienvo.2da with backup if necessary.
TSLRCM does address the T3 issue, but it does this by replacing T3's VO with generic utility droid VO, which I really, really didn't like. So if you're using TSLRCM, this mod will revert that change.
KOTOR Tool – Fred Tetra
TSL Patcher – stoffe
JC's VO Fix for K2
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II - The Sith Lords
"VO Fix by JCarter426" or "uses JC's VO Fix" or some other reasonable phrasing.
This mod is released under the following licenses:
- Attribution Only License
Attribution Only License (AOL)
* You've got mods! *
The creator of this mod has authorized the contents of this mod for public use. Other modders are free to use and edit materials from this mod and include them in other mods. This license applies to everyone equally and no further explicit permission from the original mod creator is required, provided the terms of this license are followed.
The user must provide clear attribution for the source and creator(s) of these materials, following the specified attribution preference. The file that contains this attribution must be included along with all the other mod contents.
(For example, crediting the original mod creator in your mod's description on a website, but not in any file someone would actually download, would be a violation.)
- The user must include any additional credits as indicated.
This license applies only for the use of these materials in other mods (i.e. a form of software accessed within a video game). This license does not grant the user unlimited power to distribute these contents, edited or unedited, even if attribution is granted. These materials are being offered to encourage the creation of new mods that alter the game experience.
(For example, distributing these materials as a mod resource on another website, or uploading the entirety of the mod as a "new" mod without really changing anything, would not be in the spirit of this license.)
- Where appropriate, it would be nice to provide a link to the original mod and/ or tag the original mod creator. However, this is not mandated. This is just a polite suggestion.
If you enjoy my mods and would like to show your support in a monetary manner, you may do so via PayPal with this donation link.
For various legal and ethical reasons, this is entirely optional and is not a requirement to downloading or using any of my mods. I also do not create specific mods for hire.
I make mods as a hobby and will most likely do so regardless of any donations or lack thereof, but modding does take up a lot of my time and every bit helps.
What's New in Version 1.2 See changelog
- Converted audio files to 48 kbps MP3 to more closely match the original game format due to reports that audio was still broken with the Aspyr 1.0b update.