About This File
This mod adds the head model of the “Jedi Entity” AKA the Jedi Exile AKA Meetra Surik from The Old Republic MMO, ported to TSL as a selectable player head for female characters.
A few notes:
- While aligned as closely as possible, the neckline probably won't match perfectly. Expect some visible gaps on body models that don't hide the join.
- The TOR head models use separate textures for the face, eyes, and hair. In order to allow for DS transitions, these had to be merged together (and the UVs adjusted to match). The eyes are the big loser in this. They went from having their own dedicated 256x256 texture to being shrunk down to a corner where they could be squeezed in.
- An additional consequence of the texture merge is no normal maps, due to the hair requiring alpha masking.
- TOR heavily relies on tint mapping textures for variation - skin tone, hair colour, eye colour, etc. Unfortunately, while the tint colours are available in the material files, the specifics of their shaders are currently unknown to me, so the best I can do is experiment with various blend modes to approximate the look. It may require some further experimentation and kludging.
- Not even having specularity, much less the advanced (by comparison) graphical features of TOR, expect textures to look pretty flat by comparison to the originals.
- KOTOR has a maximum bone limit per mesh of 16. This creates a problem for TOR meshes, as adding the eyelids to the face bone array pushes that to 18. I had to drop 2 bones to make it work. I chose the two nose corner bones, as they seemed the least important. I don't know what effect this may have on various facial animations though.
- The hair meshes are currently completely rigid. Possibly I may add a danglymesh version in a future update.
- Dark Side transitions are included, but they are relatively mild. I'm not a big fan of the zombie look.
If you are using TSLRCM or the hybrid TSLRCM + M4-78 from the Steam Workshop, make sure to choose its Workshop folder as the installation location, not the main game folder.
- Original models and textures ported from The Old Republic MMO
- Thanks to @bead-v for KOTORMax and MDLEdit
- Thanks to @ndix UR for TGA2TPC
- Thanks to zaramot on the Xentax forums for the TOR GR2 Max import script
What's New in Version 1.0.1 See changelog
Minor correction to Dark Side transition order
Fixed incorrect installer window title