11 replies to this topic

#1 Markus Ramikin

Markus Ramikin

Jedi Master

• TSLRCM Crew
  • 420 posts
  • LocationHoly Terra

Posted 07 September 2010 - 11:40 AM

First of all, the contents of the zip are a huge mess, there are duplicate zips there. I don't know if you're aware of it.

More importantly:

• Installation started 2010-09-07 13:38:51...
• Installing unmodified files...
• Adding file plc_gencrps5.utp to the Modules101PER_s.rim archive...
• Adding file dead_miner.utc to the Modules101PER_s.rim archive...
• Adding file dead_secoff.utc to the Modules101PER_s.rim archive...
• Replacing file g_tresgencorp004.utp in the Modules101PER_s.rim archive...
• Replacing file g_tresgencorp005.utp in the Modules101PER_s.rim archive...
• Replacing file g_tresgencorp006.utp in the Modules101PER_s.rim archive...
• Replacing file g_tresgencorp007.utp in the Modules101PER_s.rim archive...
• Replacing file g_tresmillow012.utp in the Modules101PER_s.rim archive...
• Replacing file g_w_qtrstaff002.uti in the Modules101PER_s.rim archive...
• Adding file plc_gencrps3.utp to the Modules101PER_s.rim archive...
• Adding file plc_gencrps4.utp to the Modules101PER_s.rim archive...
• Error: Unhandled exception: Access violation at address 00005C31. Read of address 00005C31 (0)

Any ideas?

Edited by Markus Ramikin, 07 September 2010 - 11:45 AM.

#2 Hassat Hunter

Hassat Hunter

Beta Testing Monkey

• Administrators
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 12:31 PM

Disabling read-only?

Has it been that long that you forgot that? 0_0

#3 VarsityPuppet

VarsityPuppet

Jedi Master

• Reviewer
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 02:17 PM

First of all, the contents of the zip are a huge mess, there are duplicate zips there. I don't know if you're aware of it.

Not really a huge mess, I just zipped it twice. If you want a fix though, you might as well just wait for an update.

#4 Markus Ramikin

Markus Ramikin

Jedi Master

• TSLRCM Crew
  • 420 posts
  • LocationHoly Terra

Posted 07 September 2010 - 10:35 PM

VP: Just mentioning it because it looks unintended... and potentially confusing as one is not initially sure if both peragus fixes are the same version and which one to use. Not a big deal, just notifying. :)

Hassat: hm... the word "forgot" would apply if I ever knew that before; this is the first time I ever encountered that problem when installing a mod. Which is interesting, doesn't TSLRCM mess with module files itself? And yet I don't remember getting errors with that one.

Okay, giving it another go...

...seems to have installed. Guess I'm restarting my DS playthrough. :)

Edited by Markus Ramikin, 07 September 2010 - 10:49 PM.

#5 Markus Ramikin

Markus Ramikin

Jedi Master

• TSLRCM Crew
  • 420 posts
  • LocationHoly Terra

Posted 07 September 2010 - 11:38 PM

Looking good so far. I like the new corpses, for sure. And Coorta corpse and the other two guys having the right faces. :)

It's fun to have a collapsible weapon this early on. But hm, the Prototype Beacon is lacking a description. Which is a shame because there's potential for cool there.

Holy crap, the heavy laser is overpowered :) Not that I mind, it's fun. EDIT: Those new weapons: heavy lasers, beacons - there's a lot of them loading everywhere. Maybe too many?

Hm, problems:

- Ugh. The corpse in the hangar bay sub level, from which you get the "Datapad: Peragus Depot Survey" as T3, is wrong. It's decomposed and dessicated as hell. In fact it's not even a miner corpse, it's exactly like one of the Sith corpses on Korriban.

- When I enter the Dormitories from the Asteroid Exterior, there's a miner image in the first room, still standing but not interactive. I imagine he was supposed to fall over and be a corpse, before I got to open the door and see him, but he didn't. EDIT: I quicksaved and quickloaded, and that fixed it.

Edited by Markus Ramikin, 08 September 2010 - 01:12 AM.

#6 VarsityPuppet

VarsityPuppet

Jedi Master

• Reviewer
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 01:43 AM

Looking good so far. I like the new corpses, for sure. And Coorta corpse and the other two guys having the right faces. :)

Not everyone has the right faces... the holograms for instance... ugh, that's going to take a long time.

It's fun to have a collapsible weapon this early on. But hm, the Prototype Beacon is lacking a description. Which is a shame because there's potential for cool there.

Dammit! That's supposed to have a description! Ugh

Holy crap, the heavy laser is overpowered :) Not that I mind, it's fun. EDIT: Those new weapons: heavy lasers, beacons - there's a lot of them loading everywhere. Maybe too many?

Yeah, thought I'd go crazy and fill up lockers with 'em. The next version will have that stuff fixed.

Hm, problems:

- Ugh. The corpse in the hangar bay sub level, from which you get the "Datapad: Peragus Depot Survey" as T3, is wrong. It's decomposed and dessicated as hell. In fact it's not even a miner corpse, it's exactly like one of the Sith corpses on Korriban.

- When I enter the Dormitories from the Asteroid Exterior, there's a miner image in the first room, still standing but not interactive. I imagine he was supposed to fall over and be a corpse, before I got to open the door and see him, but he didn't. EDIT: I quicksaved and quickloaded, and that fixed it.

That'll happen occasionally, but I don't know why. In fact, that's part of the reason the dude in the fuel depot is that placeable instead of a miner (it did that ALL the time with him)

Thanks for the input Markus. I've had a few ideas for improvement, and I think I'll need to put them into action for sure now! :p

#7 Markus Ramikin

Markus Ramikin

Jedi Master

• TSLRCM Crew
  • 420 posts
  • LocationHoly Terra

Posted 08 September 2010 - 02:17 AM

Always a pleasure. :)

The guys in the fuel depot - originally, in the vanilla game, it was a normal clothes guy. If you can't get the miner corpse to work right, maybe just leave him as he was in vanilla? even a civilian is vastly better than a Sith corpse...

Edited by Markus Ramikin, 08 September 2010 - 02:19 AM.

#8 VarsityPuppet

VarsityPuppet

Jedi Master

• Reviewer
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 12:13 PM

Always a pleasure. :)

The guys in the fuel depot - originally, in the vanilla game, it was a normal clothes guy. If you can't get the miner corpse to work right, maybe just leave him as he was in vanilla? even a civilian is vastly better than a Sith corpse...

The point was to get rid of normal clothes guy lol, but hey don't worry about it. I have an idea for the new version. I hope it will work... :)

Might as well try it out now. I'm at Peragus in my current playthrough.

Edited by VarsityPuppet, 08 September 2010 - 12:16 PM.

#9 Markus Ramikin

Markus Ramikin

Jedi Master

• TSLRCM Crew
  • 420 posts
  • LocationHoly Terra

Posted 13 September 2010 - 08:24 PM

The point was to get rid of normal clothes guy lol

I know that. :p But the Sith corpse isn't an improvement.

Looking forward to your new idea!

#10 VarsityPuppet

VarsityPuppet

Jedi Master

• Reviewer
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 09:06 PM

I know that. :p But the Sith corpse isn't an improvement.

Looking forward to your new idea!

They are an improvement over a 'ghost' model of a miner. Plus, if I remember correctly, didn't the droids there have flamethrowers?

#11 MrPhil

MrPhil

a.k.a PhilDevil at LF

• Premium Member
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 10:39 PM

didn't the droids there have flamethrowers?

Aye sir! And "cryo projectors" too! Guess a mix of both should be able to damage a body this way.

#12 Markus Ramikin

Markus Ramikin

Jedi Master

• TSLRCM Crew
  • 420 posts
  • LocationHoly Terra

Posted 14 September 2010 - 04:42 AM

What are you talking about? The vanilla model in the particular place we're talking about is a normal civilian corpse, right? and there is no hologram recording of him dying so there is no inconsistency.

Edited by Markus Ramikin, 14 September 2010 - 05:14 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users