Khlai

Editing TGA files

So to preface, I am very new and very bad at modding. 

What I wanted to do was to add Svosh's robe collars on to another robe skin, Stoffe's Visas Marr robe to be specific.

So what I did was take the collar on the Dark Side Jedi robe from Svosh's mod and photoshop it on to Stoffe's Visas Marr robe mod. Except it completely breaks the skin and I am at a loss on why. Could someone help?

I don't intend to upload these as my mods or anything like that, I just want to play with Stoffe's robe with a collar.

Pictures linked.

visasrobe1.png

darkjedirobe1.png

visasrobe2.png

bad1.png

Image data is specified in reference to an origin point (i.e. one corner). Some programs use different origins (e.g. top left vs bottom right). Using a different origin than what Odyssey requires will result in your image being flipped, since it will display the pixels according to its own hardcoded origin, not the image's. You can try using TGA2TPC which has an automatic flip detector built in and see if that works.

Edit: Doing some quick Googling, it seems that Krita exports TGAs with a top left origin, whereas Odyssey expects a bottom left origin. You can try flipping your image vertically before exporting the TGA from Krita if you don't want to try converting to TPC as I suggested above.