LadyTevish

Bao-Dur and Mandalore on Malachor

It would be nice if Bao-Dur and Mandalore could join the party on Malachor.  There is enough space in the atrium where they confront Kreia for two more people, and they could say their standard phrases like 'let's do this' or whatever if they needed to have lines, but just being there would be enough.  Kreia wouldn't need to even acknowledge them, just incapacitate them.  That would explain how Mandalore ended up in the prison cell.  And Bao-Dur could be in one of the other empty cells when the Exile rescues her party.

I just thought it might be something someone would be interested in doing, since Bao-Dur's absence at Malachor has always seemed a little strange and there's no real in-game explanation for it.  Grenn makes a comment on Citadel Station (how do Grenn and Bao-Dur even know each other?  I don't recall a conversation option between them.  Anywho).  it's presumed he died getting HK onto the droid planet but that's never confirmed.   And if you don't activate HK, he's literally the only missing person.

Apologies if there is already a mod like this, I couldn't find one.

Thanks! ^-^

2 hours ago, LadyTevish said:

It would be nice if Bao-Dur and Mandalore could join the party on Malachor.  There is enough space in the atrium where they confront Kreia for two more people, and they could say their standard phrases like 'let's do this' or whatever if they needed to have lines, but just being there would be enough.  Kreia wouldn't need to even acknowledge them, just incapacitate them.  That would explain how Mandalore ended up in the prison cell.  And Bao-Dur could be in one of the other empty cells when the Exile rescues her party.

I just thought it might be something someone would be interested in doing, since Bao-Dur's absence at Malachor has always seemed a little strange and there's no real in-game explanation for it.  Grenn makes a comment on Citadel Station (how do Grenn and Bao-Dur even know each other?  I don't recall a conversation option between them.  Anywho).  it's presumed he died getting HK onto the droid planet but that's never confirmed.   And if you don't activate HK, he's literally the only missing person.

Apologies if there is already a mod like this, I couldn't find one.

Thanks! ^-^

I don't think there is a mod that covers this, but I am not sure it would make logical sense, given that they are busy with what is essentially the backup plan to destroy Malachor, at least that's how I saw it.

My memory is a little hazey as I haven't played in a while and I am not as knowledgeable about the lore as some people.

"it's presumed he died getting HK onto the droid planet" - I don't think this is entirely accurate either, the droid factory is not on the droid planet, it is on Telos. ( though how they miss you making a racket upstairs is beyond me )

But that's my thoughts.

Sorry, I got the droid planet and HK Factory mixed up.  I don't wake up HK so I don't do that part, but I was curious when I didn't see Bao-Dur except by Remote's hologram and the general consensus on the internet is that he must have died getting HK into the factory (even Kreia cannot see his future).  But the HK Factory is not required to complete the game so him just going poof is odd.

So he and Mandalore are just 'missing' until Mandalore magically shows up with the rest.  I can excuse Bao-Dur not being around when they land on Telos.  But it just makes sense to me that all the Exile's loyal companions would be there for her at the end. :)

This may be more complicated than I'm capable of, but if someone could provide me with a list of the code files that would need to be modified (I found a few), I would be happy to take a stab at it myself.  I'm not an expert in this game's language but I'm a programmer so I'm always up for a challenge. ^-^

• Like 2