Exile's Trial Overlay Removal

=Exile's Trial Overlay Removal=

A KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC II: THE SITH LORDS MODIFICATION

AUTHOR: Leilukin
FILE NAME: Exile's Trial Overlay Removal.7z
LATEST VERSION: 1.1
CONTACT: E-mail toleilukin@outlook.com, or message to Leilukin on Deadly Stream

1. DESCRIPTION:

This mod removes the blue overlay of the scene of the Exile's trial on Coruscant in The Sith Lords Restored Content Mod (TSLRCM).

In KotOR II: TSL, after you leave the secret academy on Telos for the first time and enter the Ebon Hawk, there will be a cutscene involving a holo record of the Jedi Exile's trial on Coruscant. Since it is a holo record, TSLRCM adds a blue overlay, which is used by security cameras in other parts of the game, to the trial scene, but I personally prefer the scene in full colour like in the vanilla game, so this mod is made.

This is not the first mod that removes the blue overlay of the trial scene in TSLRCM, but what my mod does differently than Hassat Hunter's Coruscant Scene No Overlay is that my version is installed by patching the relevant dialogue file in a module file, instead of placing the file into the Override folder. Therefore, my version is more compatible with other mods that edit holorec.dlg, the dialogue file for the Ebon Hawk cutscene after leaving the Telos secret Academy, most notably DarthTyren's PartySwap and my Handmaiden and Female Exile - Disciple and Male Exile Romance.

2. INSTALLATION:

First and foremost, this mod is intended to be used together with The Sith Lords Restored Content Mod (TSLRCM), so TSLRCM is REQUIRED for this mod to work, and you must make sure you have TSLRCM installed first before installing this mod.

Extract the Exile's Trial Overlay Removal.7z archive you downloaded to anywhere you like, as long as it is not within the KotOR 2 directory.

Run Install.exe, select your KotOR 2 game folder as your KotOR 2 directory path, click the “Install” button and let the installer do its job.

***IMPORTANT NOTE FOR STEAM WORKSHOP USERS:***
If you have subscribed to the Steam Workshop version of TSLRCM, you must install this mod to TSLRCM's Steam Workshop folder instead of the main KOTOR 2 directory. The directory of the Steam Workshop version of TSLRCM is \Steam\SteamApps\Workshop\content\208580\485537937.

When you install this mod, two new folders named "backup" and “uninstall” will be created by the installer in the same folder as the installer. Do not delete the folders or any of the files within the folder if you are planning on uninstalling this mod.

3. UNINSTALLATION:

Open Install.exe. From the “Tools” dropdown menu, select “Uninstall Mod / Restore Backup”, then confirm to uninstall the mod. You can also choose to delete the backup after uninstalling the mod.

4. KNOWN ISSUES:

None currently known. If you find any bugs or problems, please let me know.

5. MOD COMPATIBILITY:

This mod alters holorec.dlg, which is the dialogue file for the Ebon Hawk cutscene after leaving the Telos secret academy, which involves the holo record of the Exile's trial on Coruscant and the Handmaiden joining the party. Specifically, to remove the blue overlay of the trial scene, this mod modifies the CamVidEffect fields of all the dialogue nodes during that scene.

Thanks to HoloPatcher, a modern alternative to TSLPatcher, this mod can finally make its intended changes by patching holorec.dlg instead of replacing it, drastically improving this mod's compatibility with other mods. As a result, the only other mods that are not compatible with this mod are mods that involve putting holorec.dlg in the Override folder, or mods that also modifies the CamVidEffect fields of the Coruscant trial scene.

This mod is fully compatible with Darth Tyren's PartySwap and my Handmaiden and Female Exile - Disciple and Male Exile Romance mods.

This mod is compatible with Kexikus' Full Jedi Council, as long as you select any of the "NO holorec.dlg in Override" option when you install Full Jedi Council. you must install this mod first, then select any of the "NO holorec.dlg in Override" option when you install Full Jedi Council.

6. PERMISSION:

You may use this mod's assets in your own mod. Credit is appreciated, but not necessary.

Do not upload this mod to the Steam Workshop.

7. CREDITS:

Cortisol for Holocron Toolset
tk102 for DLG Editor
Cortisol and th3w1zard1 for HoloPatcher

THIS MODIFICATION IS NOT SUPPORTED BY BIOWARE/OBSIDIAN ENTERTAINMENT OR LUCASARTS OR ANY LICENSERS/SPONSORS OF THE MENTIONED COMPANIES. USE THIS FILE AT YOUR OWN RISK AND NEITHER THE ABOVE MENTIONED COMPANIES NOR THE AUTHOR IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR COMPUTER FOR THE USAGE OF THIS FILE.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    12/16/2022
  • Category
  • TSLRCM Compatible
    Yes

• Like 1