Sign in to follow this  
Salk

[K1 - Done] Help with adding props to empty hangar

Hello!

I was wondering if someone could help me improve the looks of what supposedly should be a hangar room by adding appropriate items (including a wall, I guess) to it.

The room was created by the K1R team for the Sith's boarding of the Ebon Hawk on the Leviathan. While it serves its purpose it is extremely bare and is in need of some renovation. 

I post a couple of images here and then the .mdl/.mdx file of the room in case someone might want to lend a hand with this (working with models is not my thing).

I have already made some quality-of-life improvements to the K1R scene which I am showing in the video so I just need a visual upgrade for the room in order to call this restoration complete.

New room for ebo_m40aa module.7z

I'd probably start by using the actual Leviathan hangar. K1CP already added a revised Hawk model to it that adds in all the missing geometry (also a bay forcefield, which you could hide if that's not your thing), so right off the bat that would make for a more suitable backdrop with some revised camera angles.

Edit: Assuming they are using a custom module, to do the above I would change the LYT to

beginlayout
   roomcount 3
      M40ac_32a 105.0 135.0 0.0
      M40ac_37a 115.0 176.0 0.0
      M40ac_42a 190.0 80.0 0.0
   trackcount 0
   obstaclecount 0
   doorhookcount 0
donelayout

And the VIS to

m40ac_32a 2
  m40ac_42a
  m40ac_37a
m40ac_37a 2
  m40ac_42a
  m40ac_32a
m40ac_42a 2
  m40ac_32a
  m40ac_37a

That should allow you to also make use of the observation room above the hangar bay, should you need to. I believe K1CP also edited that room to add in glass meshes to the observation windows.

• Like 1
  • Light Side Points 1

The Ebon Hawk doesn't need to show up there. 

It's been boarded so it's off camera. I just need to have a proper hangar rather than a bare, empty floor and a missing wall at the horizon.

Thanks to precious input and help from @brents742I have come to a possible final version of this. There is space for further improvement (better camera placements, additional props / creatures roaming the hangar) but I think this is already a big improvement over the original restoration.

Here's a video of it I uploaded on my YouTube channel.

• Like 2