Sign in to follow this  
Working Class Hero

Better Download organization

As the download section is becoming larger, I think it is necessary to have sub-divisions, a la kfiles, in the file organization.

-Restored content

-Added Content

-Items, Robes

As it is now, it's a pain to have RCM or the influence system in the same category as "Darth Maul PC Head" confused.png

As it is now, it's a pain to have RCM or the influence system in the same category as "Darth Maul PC Head" confused.png

That's supposed to be in "Skins", not "mods" anyways...

Still, I agree with WCH. As our Downloads section grows, we're going to need better organization. I have trouble finding my own mods because I have to browse through all of the files to find them first.

Idk if it would be possible to do this, but it would be cool if we could organize the mods with multiple tags.

For instance, my Visas Unmasked mod could be tagged as model and/or skin because it contains both.

Okay, 90SK's super content mod might be a better example (skins, items, new models). Just throwing ideas out there. I do want this to be waay better than Kotorfiles. Not that we aren't already by simply being active, but good organization will hopefully attract new downloaders and modders alike.

• Like 1

Guest Dark_Ansem

so we'll have to reupload all our mods?

Oh no you don't have to upload again.

I'll create the new categories and then the staff will gradually move them. The links won't even change.

Still, I agree with WCH. As our Downloads section grows, we're going to need better organization. I have trouble finding my own mods because I have to browse through all of the files to find them first.

Idk if it would be possible to do this, but it would be cool if we could organize the mods with multiple tags.

For instance, my Visas Unmasked mod could be tagged as model and/or skin because it contains both.

Okay, 90SK's super content mod might be a better example (skins, items, new models). Just throwing ideas out there. I do want this to be waay better than Kotorfiles. Not that we aren't already by simply being active, but good organization will hopefully attract new downloaders and modders alike.

I don't know if this would be possible with out the file being uploaded multiple times and creating multiple threads in the release forum. I will however take a look of course and see if it can be done.

May I suggest the section "lightsaber (skins)" since they all end up in mods, and seem the biggest category of mod uploads.

Guest Dark_Ansem

lightsaber hilt section, maybe. .. not to confuse with blade color