Sign in to follow this  
etaodche

i dont think it works...

in the readme file, it says if the isntallation worked, you'll have a new launcher. i have no new launcher, and i dont want to play to nar shaddaa to figure it out. wtf?

Guest Senka

All changes work without new launcher...

so i have to play through until i notice something? is there anything i can use as a sign, a small fix in peragus, or telos?

P.S thanks for the reply

Guest wvsnl

Do you have any other mods installed? If not just check into of your kotor II sub folders. Preferably into your Override folder. You will see many files in the override which include some named zherron which is part of the Dantooine restoration part you will know that is has installed correctly. It doens't have to be that file as long as there are new files the mod has installed correctly.

when i install the mod, it says it extracts tons of files into the override folder, but when i check, none of them are there...

when i install the mod, it says it extracts tons of files into the override folder, but when i check, none of them are there...

Make sure you installed the mod into correct directory.

Some people get double program files issue (it installs the mod into program files/program files directory), even though it WAS fixed in 1.6 installer, it could've happened for you too.

Guest wvsnl

Yes it is easy just browse through your computer and you should find the correct directory.

i double checked, its definitly installing some files into the right directory- just not all of them. its like some-most of the files delete themselves after extraction. they go straight to program files-lucasarts-swkotor2-and to its required folder.....but then they aren't there

Guest wvsnl

Well I advise you to reinstall Kotor II and then apply the 1.0b patch, and then install the mod. Btw right click on your kotor II folder select properties and make sure that the read only box is not filled with a little green square. Or in other words de-select read-only.

Btw after al the files arent Read only anymore the folder will still say that they are read only but they are not just right click a file in any sub folder to check.

Good luck

Which folder do you choose? Main KotOR II folder (where all the .exe files are located) or one of the subfolders (like override, modules, etc)?

You need to choose the main folder - you do that?

All changes work without new launcher...

Also, this is complete and utterly WRONG.

(well, okay, you can replace the launcher after install and nothing is messed up, but if your launcher hasn't changed that's an indication the installation went wrong and you wont get any fixes/restored content)

Hi all,

As it is advisable to start a new game from the very beginning (since the creation of the character), including TSLRCM 1.6a although it has already be done for the TSLRCM 1.5, I suggest you completely uninstall Kotor 2 with the tool from Obsidian:

Uninstall Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II - The Sith Lords

Then, completely delete the old directory, including the save files. Do not save the Saves!

Now, use a tool like CCleaner, from Piriform, to completely wipe the registry.

Look at CCleaner - Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

Do not download it from any other place!

Alternative

Use JV16

Registry Cleaner, Optimize Windows with our System Utilities | Macecraft Software

or its previous avatar, the well-known and free RegCleaner (but no more available - pick it only here :

http://assiste.files.free.fr/f/RegCleaner_4_3_0_780.exe )

Now install Kotor 2

As with all software installed on a Windows machine, I suggest placing it in a directory completely different from the system directories (and therefore never use the default directory).

Now install Patch 1.0a from Obsidian

Only needed if you have an International Language version of Kotor 2 (only for non US versions - UK versions are non US)

Must be installed before updating to the version 1.0b below

http://assiste.free.fr/kotor_2/ftp/KotOR2_TSL_Patch_1.0a_UK_v201420.exe

Now install Patch 1.0b from Obsidian

http://assiste.free.fr/kotor_2/ftp/KotOR2_TSL_Patch_1.0b_UK_from_201420_to_211427.exe

Now remove all the write protections of all the files in the new Kotor 2 directory and all sub-directories.

My French how-to under Windows XP

Kotor 2 - TSL - The Sith Lords - Installation d'une version anglaise avec francisation et MOD TSLRCM

Copy TSLRCM anywhere on your machine

The actual level is 1.6a

Download from

TSLRCM1.6a.exe - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

or

http://assiste.free.fr/kotor_2/ftp/tslrcm/TSLRCM_1.6a.exe

Now install TSLRCM - Launch the installer and select your destination location (browse to your Kotor 2 root directory).

Enjoy

TTLan

Edited by ttlan
As Hassat Hunter noted below, the 1.0a patch is not necessary for native versions of Kotor 2 (not necessary for US versions)

Small appendix; 1.0A should only be installed for non-US versions.

US versions don't need it, and should go straight to 1.0B (US version of course).

Thanks Hassat Hunter

Shame on me, I did not notice that.

Patch 1.0a is for International Language version updates only !

UK is not US - This make a subtle difference, sometimes hard to notice from here (France).

TTLan

Guest Senka

Can you post the new image of launcher?

Hi,

Look!

Launcher2.jpg

This is the new image for the launcher. If you have this, TSLRCM

V1.6 is well installed (the image of the previous launcher, under TSLRCM V1.5, was different).

TTLan

Edited by ttlan

Guest Senka

Thank you very much! I just never used launcher and never saw it, always used shortcut... All ok, all work properly ;)