Sign in to follow this  
HMGKPred

Help with cutscenes not playing.

Hello folks, trying to help a friend mod and play Kotor 1 and while i modded the game correctly, much easier than Kotor 2, i was following this video tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SKMzwKE34E

I followed everything to the letter but when we try and create a char and load in, the cutscenes wont show, the initial trumpet sounds off but then nothing, if we click around we jump to the game when the PC awakens, the monitor resolution is 1080p and i downloaded the remastered upscaled at 1080p from https://www.nexusmods.com/kotor/mods/1306?tab=description, i even tried setting v synch, soft shadows and frame buffer to Zero but nada...any help would be greatly appreciated

The pre-rendered movies do cause the game to minimize to the taskbar quite often in my case as well.

But disabling the movies seems quite a drastic action. If there is no other solution then all we have to do is to click on the minimized game in the taskbar and the movie playback will resume (usually without any problem).

sorry for the late response, dont have this on my phone but ill prob try another solution cause i followed the same steps on my own pc and it all came out clear, yet on my friends while i did only 1 thing different and my game was unmoded...worked fine... no it does not minimize, the screen is simply black and the initial trumpet from the opening screen plays, music wise, then all black, so the video is not loading cause when we click around or press escape, we jump into the Endar Spire being attacked, ill keep yall posted but really hope it wont come down to disabling the movies.

And well i suppose to the link i posed on nexusmods, if those are pre rendered then yes, those.