Sign in to follow this  
Guiguioh

TSLRCM Breaks French Lipsync

Hello,

After playing a few hours with TSLRCM, I just noticed that the lipsync was completely wrong. So I removed the mod, star a new game, same problem.

Finally, I made a clean install without the TSLRCM mod, started a new game and the lipsync was correct.

So I would like to know why TSLRCM breaks the localize French lipsync. I correctly choose the French option when I used the mod installer.

If someone can help me, thanks.

EDIT: OK, I just made some progress on this. I look in the lips directory and found the .mod files that were modified my TSLRCM. I extracted the content of each and did the same for their original French counterparts.

Then I chose to copy and override the .lip files that were in both files with the original French ones but I kept the ones added by TSLRCM.

Then I recompiled the files and tested then and sure enough the lipsync was working again in my French game.

So that's good. But I also discovered that there was .lip elements in the original files that were absent from the modded ones. I wonder if someone can explain it to me but for now I of course kept these elements.

Also, the resource "605DAN_loc.mod" is modified by TSLRCM but when you open it, the content of the file seems to be the same as the original French one, but I'm no expert on this. I wonder what the exact difference is?!

Thanks for any help or comments and sorry for my questionable English.

Guest Darth Hayze
there was .lip elements in the original files that were absent from the modded ones.

I'm going to assume that they deleted them because the lines spoken were supposed to be heard in mindreading sequences or the like and in the default game sometimes the lips would move during telepathic communication, that counts as a bugfix.

Ok, that's an interesting though. If someone could confirm this, that would be great.

Edit: Looking at it more closely, not at one time Kreia is concern by the "missing" .lip files so that's not it.

Also, 9 time out of 10, this "missing" .lip concern the Disciple.

Hmmm, you've got to ask Zbyl, he goes over the non-english versions. I have no idea how he modifies the base to make it work for other versions...

No all lip sync are broken - we only change them in modules 101PER, 301NAR, 303NAR, 602DAN, 605DAN, 610DAN and 650DAN, and it will installs English lip sync for these modules into all versions because we needed to fix/add lip syncing for whatever reason; for example, 303NAR lip files are modified to add Fassa's lip syncing, 610DAN for Kaevee etc.

It could be actually fixed, so that mod files with lip sync would be installed for English version only, while the others languages would get just some updated stuff in override (updated stuff meaning Kaeeve's lips etc).

You actually surprised me with this thread. When I was making installer, I didn't really expect other languages would have custom lip syncing, to be honest. I don't think I've ever seen Polish translation with custom lip syncing (but then again, I haven't played anything with my native translation in a long time).

Also, the resource "605DAN_loc.mod" is modified by TLSRCM but when you open it, the content of the file seems to be the same as the original French one, but I'm no expert on this. I wonder what the exact difference is?!

Well, the files look the same but they are modified. It's impossible to see difference in lip files without opening them in proper editor.

Hi all,

No all lip sync are broken - we only change them in modules 101PER, 301NAR, 303NAR, 602DAN, 605DAN, 610DAN and 650DAN, and it will installs English lip sync for these modules into all versions because we needed to fix/add lip syncing for whatever reason; for example, 303NAR lip files are modified to add Fassa's lip syncing, 610DAN for Kaevee etc.

It could be actually fixed, so that mod files with lip sync would be installed for English version only, while the others languages would get just some updated stuff in override (updated stuff meaning Kaeeve's lips etc).

You actually surprised me with this thread. When I was making installer, I didn't really expect other languages would have custom lip syncing, to be honest. I don't think I've ever seen Polish translation with custom lip syncing (but then again, I haven't played anything with my native translation in a long time).

Well, the files look the same but they are modified. It's impossible to see difference in lip files without opening them in proper editor.

Well, each language (each dialog.tlk / StreamVoice) come with its own lips animations. So a language pack is of about 20.000 files. This is what we have to translate a foreign version of K2 into a French version.

I would appreciate an update / change to TSLPatcher to allow injection of sentences in replacement of old ones in dialog.tlk.

Currently, it is only possible to add new sentences at the end of dialog.tlk and the update of dialog.tlk is only possible with a complete download of the file and an overwrite of the old one.

This is a problem because an update of dialog.tlk overwrites any sentences injected by MODs - in other words, if I make an update of dialog.tlk, and someone downloads it, he have to reinstall some MODs that have previously modify his dialog.tlk (and some MODs cannot be installed more than once, otherwise unpredictable events occurs). This is the reason why I asked, some times ago, that, in the list of MODs compatible with TSLRCM, we have a note about the MODs that modify dialog.tlk.

I already asked this to Stoffe but he had not suggested it would make a change in that direction.

This would make updates of dialog.tlk, by TSLRCM, much lighter and will allow us to intervene on sentences normaly found in dialog.tlk, actually hard coded in the MODs.

You, in English, have hundreds of corrections in dialog.tlk.

I, in French, have about 1000 dialog.tlk changes.

Dialog.tlk contains 136320 lines.

TSLRCM can not contain 5 or 6 full versions of dialog.tlk, one in each language. By cons, several hundred changes per language seems reasonable to me. I hope that I could undertake the writing of this batch for the French version, if TSLPatcher is updeted, to inject corrections into the TSLRCM18.exe (or make it as a separate patch easy to use).

TTLan

Edited by ttlan

You, in English, have hundreds of corrections in dialog.tlk.

I find your lack of faith disturbing...

About 5000 seems closer to thruth.

I find your lack of faith disturbing...

About 5000 seems closer to thruth.

So much?!

Yeah, it is actually more or less what I did manually. That would be a great way to proceed in the future, because it would protect the original non-English files

for example, 303NAR lip files are modified to add Fassa's lip syncing, 610DAN for Kaevee etc.

Fassa voiceover in French is done for a Toydarien, that's the funny part and the original French lipsync works perfectly with TLSRCM.

For Keevee, it is locical to add English lipsync, but I kept it anyway with my manupulation so I'm good.

Concerning 605DAN_loc.mod:

Of course, although I'm sure I have more to gain by using the original French version than the modded English one for now, for this specific case only.

Ok, I just found that there was some lip override in the override folder (for example for Zherron module 601), but they are for English speech. So I choose to remove them all except for non human (T3m4, fang, twilek suns) and one for Kreia that was not dubbed in French version.

It works like a charm. For example , the Restored Khooda battle Zherron lipsync in French is perfect. Modded files breaks it and are not needed.