kallas_br

Fixing Blaster rifles with new talents?

Would it be possible to fix the underwhelming performance of blaster rifles by creating a set of feats dedicated to them, similar to dueling and two weapon fighting are dedicated to pistols?

like for example Precise Shot from KOTOR 2?

16 hours ago, kallas_br said:

For K1?

I don't think that'd be possible, feats are hard coded in these games and as such we cannot modify them unfortunately.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, N-DReW25 said:

For K1?

I don't think that'd be possible, feats are hard coded in these games and as such we cannot modify them unfortunately.

Too bad, the only thing I found that would kind of fix rifles and heavy weapons is the Repeating blaster attacks restoration - Mods - Deadly Strea - but this mod doesn't work well with the companions (Canderous and HK-47), I was wanting to find something that doesn't involve me trying to increase the damage of all the rifles in the game. (something I don't even know how difficult it would be)

On 10/3/2021 at 11:54 PM, kallas_br said:

Would it be possible to fix the underwhelming performance of blaster rifles by creating a set of feats dedicated to them, similar to dueling and two weapon fighting are dedicated to pistols?

Eh, yes with heavy caveats? But there's a far simpler solution if you think blaster rifles are underperforming and it's this:

4 hours ago, kallas_br said:

trying to increase the damage of all the rifles in the game.

This is actually very easy, because base damage is already separated by weapon type. Open baseitems.2da, row 77 is blaster rifles. Base damage is the columns numdice and dietoroll. For rifles it's 1 and 8, for 1d8 damage. Put whatever numbers you like in, save baseitems.2da to your Override and you're done, all rifles will have the new damage numbers.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, TamerBill said:

Eh, yes with heavy caveats? But there's a far simpler solution if you think blaster rifles are underperforming and it's this:

This is actually very easy, because base damage is already separated by weapon type. Open baseitems.2da, row 77 is blaster rifles. Base damage is the columns numdice and dietoroll. For rifles it's 1 and 8, for 1d8 damage. Put whatever numbers you like in, save baseitems.2da to your Override and you're done, all rifles will have the new damage numbers.

Thanks dude, gonna try it out.

kind of an interconnected question, which in your opinion would be a balanced damage between pistols and rifles?

my first instinct would be double the pistol, but I think it would be too much because to use 2 pistols you need 3 feats, maybe 1.5 the damage of a pistol?