Sign in to follow this  
JDub96

Clothing

So... when I went through the files of KotOR, I found that there are around 8 different versions of the basic clothing. Would it be possible to make it so each one provides a different look from one another. For example, the default has the same look as the default Scout clothing while another looks like the NPC Republic armor?

1 hour ago, JDub96 said:

So... when I went through the files of KotOR, I found that there are around 8 different versions of the basic clothing. Would it be possible to make it so each one provides a different look from one another. For example, the default has the same look as the default Scout clothing while another looks like the NPC Republic armor?

I would imagine a lot could be done in the way of differentiating characters using armour/clothing.

For a while I have been thinking about turning some of the basic clothing types into armours but it would be quite a lengthy task to get into.

So in short, it's definitely possible. At least I am pretty sure!

10 minutes ago, Thor110 said:

I would imagine a lot could be done in the way of differentiating characters using armour/clothing.

For a while I have been thinking about turning some of the basic clothing types into armours but it would be quite a lengthy task to get into.

So in short, it's definitely possible. At least I am pretty sure!

Hm. I was going to try and figure out a way to alter 2 or 3 of them so one of them turns into a Republic armor set for the player and the others become disguises for Carth, Bastila, Juhani, and Jolee since them walking around in their distinctive outfits on Taris and Korriban is a little... out of place.

EDIT: But I still want the initial clothing to remain vanilla. I'm just not sure how to make it all happen. I imagine it requires modifying the appearance.2da file.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JDub96 said:

Hm. I was going to try and figure out a way to alter 2 or 3 of them so one of them turns into a Republic armor set for the player and the others become disguises for Carth, Bastila, Juhani, and Jolee since them walking around in their distinctive outfits on Taris and Korriban is a little... out of place.

Interesting idea, I am sure it could be done.

There is a mod called "Operation Kill Bastila" that gives Bastila a disguise she must wear, but it uses new armour altogether.

1 minute ago, Thor110 said:

Interesting idea, I am sure it could be done.

There is a mod called "Operation Kill Bastila" that gives Bastila a disguise she must wear, but it uses new armour altogether.

I'm aware of it. I just wanted to give her a generic civilian outfit so she's not strutting her stuff in Jedi robes.

• Like 1

There's a limited number of 'slots' for armour models. In K1 it goes from A to I, with slot A being used for clothing. It's an attribute of the NPC's appearance, not the item; Carth's appearance A is his orange jacket, Trask's appearance A is the republic uniform etc.

The workaround is to use the Disguise item property, which completely replaces a character's model. That's how the sith trooper outfit or the mandalorian armour works.

For the player character they're only useful for full-body armours like that because the head/skintone/dark-side-transition doesn't carry over; it's one model whoever equips it.

For party members, though, you could make it work. A clothing item that only Bastila can equip, with a Disguise that replaces her model with 'civilian outfit Bastila'. There's probably already a mod that does that with her 'slave' costume.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TamerBill said:

There's a limited number of 'slots' for armour models. In K1 it goes from A to I, with slot A being used for clothing. It's an attribute of the NPC's appearance, not the item; Carth's appearance A is his orange jacket, Trask's appearance A is the republic uniform etc.

The workaround is to use the Disguise item property, which completely replaces a character's model. That's how the sith trooper outfit or the mandalorian armour works.

For the player character they're only useful for full-body armours like that because the head/skintone/dark-side-transition doesn't carry over; it's one model whoever equips it.

For party members, though, you could make it work. A clothing item that only Bastila can equip, with a Disguise that replaces her model with 'civilian outfit Bastila'. There's probably already a mod that does that with her 'slave' costume.

Well... the Republic uniform already exists, so theoretically I should be able to apply it to one of the clothing lines and use existing appearances for subsequent outfits, right?