Sign in to follow this  
Ol' Cappy

[KoTOR 1] Making a custom class for party members?

Hey, thanks for coming in to check this out! 

I've been messing around with feat.2da to get more familiar with KoTOR Tool and  noticed that when I made all of the feats selectable for every class, Zalbaar was able to pick up the armor feats (even though it does nothing for him).  That prompted me to mess around with classes.2da and create my own class to see if I could give Zalbaar a separate feat list - but I am not able to choose the custom class I made whenever I edit Zalbaar's UTC file.  All I did was add in a new row to classes.2da and copy everything from the Scout row to the new row, but are there any extra steps I need to take in order to have the class selectable in the UTC files if it's even possible to give party members custom classes?

In the Kotor Tool options menu there’s a setting for ‘look in game’s override folder for 2da files’. Tick that so that the tool can read your custom classes.2da and you’ll be able to give Zaalbar your new class.

The big limitations with adding classes is that new classes can’t have force points, and new classes can’t be picked at character creation. Giving custom classes to non-force-using party members is basically the ideal use case, it works just fine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, TamerBill said:

In the Kotor Tool options menu there’s a setting for ‘look in game’s override folder for 2da files’. Tick that so that the tool can read your custom classes.2da and you’ll be able to give Zaalbar your new class.

The big limitations with adding classes is that new classes can’t have force points, and new classes can’t be picked at character creation. Giving custom classes to non-force-using party members is basically the ideal use case, it works just fine.

Just tried it out and it worked!  Thanks for the help and for the tip on the Force-using custom classes. :)

• Like 1