Hi guys!

I wanted to make a thread of general mod ideas I've had and see if anyone would be interested in taking them up as a project. I want to note that these aren't "requests" in the general sense, but things I would like to make if I had the talent/time to learn the mod author traits. If someone is interested in using these ideas in their own pet project, please do so! I'll likely never be capable of making them myself. All I would ask for in return is that you link to this thread so others can read through it. I'll post ideas I have below as separate post for formatting purposes.

Darth Vader's armor (no helmet)-

This is an idea I believe I posted in the past. Much like Stormie97's Jedi Journeyman Robes, this would be an in-game item that could be crafted with a high repair/treat injury skill or found on a planet like Korriban. This would be a heavy set of armor that would be identical to Vader's iconic armor, except it would lack the helmet. I feel like there is a significant lack of Jedi friendly heavy armor in Kotor 2 and that this could be a way to address the issue. 

Stat spreads I had in mind for it would be as follows:

*Restricted to Heavy armor

*+6 Str

*-8 Dex

*+6 Con

*-4 Wis

*-2 Char

*Immunity Poison

*Regeneration +4

*-2 Will Saves

*-2 Reflex Saves

*+4 Fortitude Saves 

*Upgradeable 

You could have a requirement of 20 repair or treat injury skill in order craft the item at a workbench, or one could have the option of coming across it in the torture chamber on Korriban. Something like the suit *without the mask, respirator, or helmet.

1f552d0a8803348ca8f69931b41a8037.jpgf40IE.jpg

Another idea I've had in the past is a sound effect replacer for the lightsabers. I know this has been done in the past with the Ultimate Sound Mod from Shem or DeadMan's Saber&Melee Sound Mod, but a lot of them sound effects pull from the Original Trilogy (or Vader specifically) for their samples.

I would love to see a mod that uses the faster "snappier" sounds from the prequel films for the in-game lightsaber effects. Specifically borrowing from AOTC and ROTS as I've always loved some of the swings and clashes heard in those films.

What would be really cool to see would be the possibility of sabers' sound effects changing depending on what color the lightsaber is, in a similar manner to how sound fonts work in the custom lightsaber collecting hobby. For example: you could have the green saber use effects from Luke's in ROTJ and the red model use sounds from Dooku's. 

I'm spit balling with these ideas, but that was the intended purpose of this thread for me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cJCUVz7e6s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vXJjI3dJFw

7 hours ago, Untold Prophecy said:

What would be really cool to see would be the possibility of sabers' sound effects changing depending on what color the lightsaber is, in a similar manner to how sound fonts work in the custom lightsaber collecting hobby. For example: you could have the green saber use effects from Luke's in ROTJ and the red model use sounds from Dooku's.

This isn't possible. Weapon sounds are determined by the base item type, and it isn't possible to add new lightsaber types. At most you could have different sounds for standard/short/double.

42 minutes ago, JCarter426 said:

This isn't possible. Weapon sounds are determined by the base item type, and it isn't possible to add new lightsaber types. At most you could have different sounds for standard/short/double.

That's a bummer. I figured that would be the case, but I wasn't sure if you could do something to the weapon tags that would allow for it or not.
I recently learned (thanks to Movie Duels) that you could do this for JKA, so a part of me had hope it would be possible with Kotor too.