Pwener

K2 Android Not Reading Dialog.tlk

So either Aspyr screwed up or it's on my end and I doubt it's on my end, but my K2 game refuses to read the dialog.tlk on Android. Yes it's in the right place, I've been modding K1 on mobile for over two years now so I doubt I messed something up.

I tried with TSLRCM and without anything. I even put in K1's .tlk just for the hell of it.

Nada.

Anyone else experiencing this? Seems too specific to be a bug but who knows. The game just insists on reading the .tlk inside one of the OBBs and any modifications to the mod folder .tlk are ignored and additions show up blank.

Again, seems oddly specific to be a bug.

Edit: I just remembered having a similar issue with one of those old mod files for Fallout 2 a while back. It was the "Fire Gecko Skinning" and it insisted on using the item name/description text file inside the master.dat instead of the modified one outside. I ended up resolving the issue by hex editing the mod file itself.

I doubt this would be as simple, regardless of it being a bug or an intentional change by Aspyr.

• Like 1

I was having this issue as well. It turns out that, while with K1 you can put things in the "files" folder directly, and with K2 you can do this for many mods, if you plan to use a dialog.tlk file in the K2 port, you have to instead use a "dlc/mods_english" subfolder. (The "Mobile TSLRCM" release is set up this way, which is what made me decide to check if that layout worked.)

• Thanks 1