Sign in to follow this  
DarthParametric

MOD:TOR Ports: Pureblood Sith Female Player Head for K1

TOR Ports: Pureblood Sith Female Player Head for K1

This mod adds a Pureblood Sith head and underwear model from The Old Republic MMO, ported to K1 as a selectable player head for female characters.

A few notes:

• A unique underwear model is included, but because of the different way TOR and KOTOR mate heads to bodies, I had to add a neck stump to the torso to elevate the head to the right height. That makes for a pretty nasty transition at the seam line, but it should mostly only be visible in dialogue. Try not to have too many conversations while naked I guess.
  • By default, the underwear is a sports bra and panties. For those wanting something a little more chaste, there’s an alternative modesty patch that provides a pair of shorts/hot pants instead. After running this installer, simply copy and paste the TPCs from the OPTIONAL folder to your Override folder, overwriting when prompted.
  • Odyssey’s lack of proper specularity, much less the advanced (by comparison) graphical features of TOR, means you should expect that the textures will look pretty flat in KOTOR compared to how the originals look in TOR.
  • KOTOR has a maximum bone limit per mesh of 17. This creates a problem for TOR meshes, as adding the eyelids to the face bone array pushes that to 18. I had to drop 2 bones to make it work. I chose the two nose corner bones, as they seemed the least important. I don't know what effect this may have on various facial animations, but probably nothing significant for mute player characters.
  • Differences between how TOR and KOTOR handle animations mean that some of the bone weights are probably too strong, so expect some bad deformation occasionally. Especially when the game uses stunt animations in certain cutscenes. An example of this is the opening cutscene on the Endar Spire, where the eyelashes and eyebrows get a bit carried away. If you notice anything particularly egregious, post a comment with some notes of the specifics and a screenshot/video and I'll see if it can be mitigated.
  • Dark Side transitions are included, but they are relatively mild. I'm not a big fan of the zombie look.

Acknowledgements:

• Original models and textures ported from The Old Republic MMO
  • Thanks to @bead-v for KOTORMax and MDLEdit
  • Thanks to @ndix UR for TGA2TPC
  • Thanks to zaramot on the Xentax forums for the TOR GR2 Max import script

• Like 1