Doiinko

MOD:KOTOR Widescreen Fade Fix

KOTOR Widescreen Fade Fix

When fading, a portion of the screen fades out of sync with the rest of the screen while using widescreen resolutions. This is a simple fix to solve that issue.

To use:
1. Download
2. Move the file from the folder that corresponds to your display resolution into your override folder.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    12/02/2020
  • Category
  • K1R Compatible
    Yes

• Like 3

Hi,

How did you modify the fade.gui file? Unfortunately, the mod lacks files for 3440x1440 and 3840x2160 and I would like to do that myself, but I do not know how to do it.

• Like 1

Sorry for replying so late, but I used KGFF to modify the height and width values under the "EXTENT" section. I'll add those two resolutions to the mod.

Hi. I made a version of this for my resolution (2048x1152). I figured I'd upload it here just in case you wanted to add it to the overall mod package. It's tested and working on my 2048x1152 resolution. I think I did it right, I have no experience with specifically modding KotOR, but I think I did it correctly using your instructions above. Cheers.

fade.gui

On 3/12/2023 at 4:49 AM, Dirtnose said:

Hi. I made a version of this for my resolution (2048x1152). I figured I'd upload it here just in case you wanted to add it to the overall mod package. It's tested and working on my 2048x1152 resolution. I think I did it right, I have no experience with specifically modding KotOR, but I think I did it correctly using your instructions above. Cheers.

fade.gui 1.42 kB · 1 download

I'll add this one and credit you. Thank you!