dreadnaught7777

Kotor Tool Menu Setting Error

I was trying to make a change to the HK50's in the end stage of Peragus station (In KOTOR 2 TSL -TSLRCM and M4-78 installed) and apparently I goofed up somewhere and now KOTOR Tool seems to be broke.

Tried uninstalling it, Installing it somewhere else, de-installing it there and somewhere else again.

Anytime i try to change anything and save it -this happens:

KOTOR TOOL DUAL ERROR.jpg

FYI the change I was trying to make to the Droid was giving him different armor and giving him 30 grenades of all the types in the game.

On Windows 10 64-bit.

Edited by dreadnaught7777

On 8/27/2020 at 2:14 PM, dreadnaught7777 said:

Anytime i try to change anything and save it -this happens...

That often happens when -as the warning said so- the file's index value for a menu goes out of bounds. Typically if you're loading a UTC that Appearance_Type exceeds the row limits of the loaded appearance.2da. In most cases, to fix that you will need to have this settings [with the KotOR Tool] --

Tools \ Options... \ Other \ 'Check' the *Look in Game's Override folder for 2DA files*

-- so that it will load the edited 2DA in the Override, rather than the one from the base game. That can also be caused by other fields, such as Subrace/SubraceIndex -- though can't recall which one is it, depends on which have the exceeded values.

TL;DR -- do not edit the crashed file with KotOR Tool. Use it to extract the file, and then use K-GFF for the editing. It might be difficult at first, but you can try looking at other same-format files to see how they were set up.