Sign in to follow this  
Guest milestails

Sleheyron and M4-78 Respective Values

Guest milestails

KOTOR and TSL each have a missing planet--Sleheyron for the former and M4-78 for the latter. In your opinion, which game suffers more from having its respective planet omitted from the game?

Sleheyron was the "Volcanic" planet referred to in the Dantooine ruins computer when it asked for the three primary death-giving seed world types. It was supposed to be run by the Hutts and contain a Star Map.

Additionally, Yuthura Ban was a slave on Sleheyron before she found herself on Korriban. Moreover, there are a couple of audio files which are used in the game that were originally intended for Sleheyron.

M4-78 was to be a planet full of droids and where Master Lonna Vash was supposed to be tracked down. Instead, she was killed off on Korriban.

Guest bendarby24

i thought korraban was the volcanic planet because if you look in to the history of koraban it has one a big volcano on it but it is only one so :/

TSL suffers more than KOTOR. Bioware efficiently removed most traces of Sleheyron - certainly more thoroughly than Obisidian did with M4-78. Yuthura Ban's reference to Sleheyron was put in after they cut the planet as a informal dedication to what was cut.

Vouching for Kotor 2 you can definitely feel like something is missing when going through it, almost like a lack of planets for the RPG that made the game an easy drive and Korriban a 5 min gass station

Vouching for Kotor 2 you can definitely feel like something is missing when going through it, almost like a lack of planets for the RPG that made the game an easy drive and Korriban a 5 min gas station

Perhaps you should actually play M4-78 EP and make your own judgement calls - especially when you post comments like the your comment below from another thread - if you're going to complain about the length of content.

I didn't download that mod yet until I get a full completion of TSLRCM "complete everything through a couple of walkthroughs" and fix some bugs im having. That, and I've heard that M4-78 is kinda choppy and feels more like a INDEV test than a full part. No offense or anything still glad to see people work on it.

I don't mind when folks slag off on the M4-78 EP but not when they haven't even played it. You have to earn that right.

• Like 1

yes I shouldn't be complaining about a mod I haven't tried out yet. I ment no offense to the mod or its developers.  but I have played Koriban and it compared to all vanilla Planets is the smallest by a longshot, without M4-78 being there as a "Part 2" to the Vash quest its basically a 5 minute academy you find a dead master and you leave, the only worthwhile perk to going to koriban in vanilla is the secret tomb in the cave

I'm currently on M4-78 in my TSLRCM playthrough. I think TSL suffers more for its loss. I love the planet so far - everything I've seen has been well done. There are a few minor things (such as some spelling mistakes or grammar errors (at one point the Exile tells a combat droid trying to arrest HK-47 that they cannot "be rebuild" if they're killed attempting to prevent their droid being arrested) and dialog that doesn't entire fit ("may I ask what is your area of interest?" could be simplified to "Do you have a specific inquiry?"; a very minor thing)

Other than that (and remember, what I have pointed out constitute miniscule problems in a well designed, well implemented "Expansion" of sorts), I think it's very well done. I love the plot, the dialog is funny, the voice acting -- which I am sure is at some points done by non-professional actors -- fits well into the rest of the game. The use of a Droid companion (as long as it's not G0-T0, for no reason other than my personal dislike of the G0-T0 character)

I think that had M4-78 been included in Vanilla K2, the game would have been far better. Where as if I didn't know Sleheyron was cut from K1, which I didn't until I stumbled upon that knowledge recently, I wouldn't miss it.

In all honesty I think its quite plain that TSL suffers far more. As Black_Rogue said Korriban was horrendously short, although as I was and avid K1 player before I played TSL I did find it enjoyable to see the academy having fallen into disrepair as Kreia recounted the tales of the ancient Sith Lords. But that's all the more reason why M4-78EP is such a good project, it extends and completes that arc in a meaningful way to a high standard.

There are a few minor things (such as some spelling mistakes or grammar errors (at one point the Exile tells a combat droid trying to arrest HK-47 that they cannot "be rebuild" if they're killed attempting to prevent their droid being arrested) and dialog that doesn't entire fit ("may I ask what is your area of interest?" could be simplified to "Do you have a specific inquiry?"; a very minor thing)

Can you give a list of all that you noticed?

Can you give a list of all that you noticed?

Uh...I'll check to see if I have any saves from earlier in M4-78. I can think of one off the top of my head.

For context this is the conversation immediately preceding what I am referring to. (During HK-47's work to clear the radiation for my protagonist, Meetra Surik, he undertook the quest to destroy a droid with the designation CS-99. He convinced the Security Droid to defer his arrest until later...and didn't return. Upon entering the Industry Control Zone, our hero is approached by the Security Droid on-duty, who is not happy.)

Security Droid: Stop right there!

Security Droid: Your protocol droid has attempted to escape arrest. Hand him over to the authorities. Now.

Security Droid: Failing to do so will be seen as an act of assault and will be met with force.

Meetra Surik: [Repair] "Droids can be rebuild. I could help in their reconstruction once M4-78 is reactivated, if I am not killed. I cannot be rebuild."

In the above, it is my opinion that the word "rebuilt" should replaced the word "rebuild" in both instances. It's not game-breaking, and I'm admittedly splitting a hair here, but I just think the word "rebuilt" fits better there.

Other than that I'd have to comb through the messages log in the journal/replay M4-78 with my laptop handy to take notes on, which I'll try and set aside time to do. For now, I do not wish to further hijack this thread. I sincerely apologize.