Sign in to follow this  
JediArchivist

[WIP] [K1] Recruit Selven

Hello everyone,

I am currently working on this mod for K1 where You can recruit Selven, the bounty huntress from Taris, Lower City Appartments! She is meant to replace Juhani.

I have been following this great tutorial found here:

https://web.archive.org/web/20121204063203/http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=131944

The mod is 99% done, but i have encountered a strange problem... Even though I made a custom photo and added it to the portraits.2da file, in the game T3-M4 appears instead of Selven!

Can anyone tell me what I did wrong / what to do to fix this issue?

1.JPG.6b3212bee6c1ef5f91aad3fe32285a41.JPG

2.JPG.5e6d9a7243d854e615b583d0c5022d2d.JPG

3.JPG.2006b421f15e55f55b0181de9e3c43d0.JPG

4.JPG.75ecdea3de0d57cf2e527032a40e2aa0.JPG

I am attaching a copy of the mod along with a savegame here, for you to test it out and see where the problem is. Many thanks in advance!

Recruit Selven Mod.rar

Before Recruit Selven Savegame.zip

• Like 2

The custom .tga (or photo file) isn't included within the folder linked.

Therefore, despite the UTC correctly linked to the correct portraits.2da row, there is no photo for the game to input, thus it resorts to the default portrait of T3-M4. 

Edit: nvm there is... Mmm i'm going to see what's going on here.

Edit2: You need an appearancenumber. Inside portraits.2da there is a column labeled appearancenumber that needs to correspond with the appearance.2da row number of that UTC. Which should be 185. Let me test that real quick. 

Edit3: Now she's a white square instead of t3m4 portrait, so progress, but not quite there yet.

Edit4: May be that 9 characters is too short, jolee has an additional "p" testing additional letter.

Edit5: Good news, those were the 2 issues holding you back, bad news is that you need another file and the current portrait photo is too dark. 

Notice that in the below screenshots there is no party DS/LS appearance.

20200318195228_1.jpg

20200318195223_1.jpg

Instead of re-editing that post, I'll just make another.

Okay so I fixed the issue of that White Box.

I'll start again from the top, because my edits are a little hard to follow.

First, edit portraits.2d to include appearance number of Selven (your files have her listed as appearance.2da number 185).

Second, your custom photo must have a total of 10 characters/letters. Yours only had 9, which doesn't work (idk why).

Therefore, I have used po_pselven, see po_pjolee row #38 for example of proof and what lead me to try this.

Third, you need to add another portrait photo, one for lightside, one for darkside. Look at photo below, see how that larger image of the character has shifted from a WHITE Blank space to the same custom photo portrait you had. Kotor 1 has it as a static image (you can change this to animated, but this is beyond my scope of modding, see realrece's tutorial). 

You'll have to add 2 files and label them exactly as they were but add 3 and 3e, one of them is darkside the other is lightside if i recall correctly.

So I added po_pselven3.tga and po_pselven3e.tga (by copying the original file and renaming it) and got the result shown below. As a general rule of thumb try to find a mod that has installed a custom portrait and recruitable NPC then reverse engineer it, you'll want to setup a tslpatcher for this mod, which is fairly easy, otherwise having a portraits.2da can cause incompatibilities. 

20200318195749_1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2