Sign in to follow this  
SovereignXII

KOTOR 2 won't stop randomly crashing/closing

I finished K1 so I started my K2 playthrough, but I can't seem to stop the game from crashing no matter what I do. Sometimes It'll go for hours, other times it's only a few minutes. I had a few crashes on Peragus II while I was exploring. One crash happened once I exited the Droid Control terminal in the mines. Now I'm on Nar Shaddaa and the game keeps crashing. This time I was just walking around near the swoop race area, there isn't any crash window message, the game just basically closes itself.

So far I've tried running the game as Admin, Compatibility Mode Win XP Service Pack 2 and 3, disabled fullscreen optimisation. I've disabled Soft Shadow and Frame Buffer Effects and I've tried using in-game v-sync and currently my Nvidia control panel v-sync. I have threaded optimisation turned off in my control panel too.

One crash was when the game transitioned into GO-TO's yacht and showed off the bounty hunters. But a google search showed I needed to set Disable Vertex Buffer Objects to =0.

I'm on Windows 10 with an Nvidia GTX 1080 and in i7 8700k with 16GB RAM. The game is the GOG copy and as for mods, I have :

uniws 1080p patch 

1080p UI 

TSLRCM 1.8.5. 

UNOFFICIAL TSLRCM (THE SITH LORDS RESTORATION MODIFICATION) TWEAK PACK version 1.2.3 (Only the Kaevee Removal Part 1&2 and original Saedhe's Head components)

TSLRCM Hssiss Glitch Restored

TSL Jedi Malak Mouth Fix 1.1.0

Revan_Cutscene_K2_102

K2 Masked Revan Star Forge Robe-918-1-0

JC's Supermodel Fix for K2 v1.6

JC's Handmaiden Sisters v2.0

EZ Swoop racing Kotor 2

1080p AI upscaled 60fps Cutscenes

Visual_effects remover k2

force power armour restrictions removed k2

Get a Grip Zeison Sha Armour Male Model Fix

Harbinger Hull Fixes 1.1

Peragus Administration Level Room Model Fixes

Boma Beast Teeth Fix

Bounty Hunter Starport Visa Fix 1.1

Ebon Hawk Cockpit Fixes v2.0

JC's Feat Fixes for K2 1.1

JC's Minor Fixes for K2 v.1.5

JC's Shader Fixes for K2 v1.1

JC's VO fixes for K2

MarauderFixPack

pchc06 fixed

PMHH01 fixed 1.1

Sensor Droids fix

Serocco Guard VO Fix

Movement Animation Fix

Funny thing, I have almost the exact sort of issue, with all very similar mods.  The main difference being that the game refuses to let me enter the Peragus Dormitory without it crashing to the desktop.