I am trying to edit the .mod files in the game, at least some of them. I know that many of the files in the game, whether they are dialogue, .utc, ,uti, or etc, share the same name. This can create an issue when you want to edit one in particular.

I want to be shown how to edit the .mod files so I can rename a particular dialogue, .utc, .uti, and etc file and edit it with aspects like scripts or adjusting inventory or saying I want so the game will recognize it as a separate file and provide them.

I have already tried everything in KOTOR Tool and Mod Project Tool. Can someone please tell me what I need to do and which program I need to use. Please provide step-by-step instructions.

For an example I will use the dialogue file sc16_converse. There are two of them. One is located in 10. ebo_m40aa_s.rim and the other in STUNT_16_s.rim. I need to rename one of the copies so they will be recognized as separate for the TSLPatcher and the Override Folder.

I was told to use the K-Giff program to locate but I cannot find them after using the program. I download all the mod files (the ARE, GIT, and IFO Files) from both s.rim modules with KOTOR Tool but then when I searched for the sc16_converse file there was nothing there. I have included a screenshot of the search

I have tried looking at topics from others who faced the same issue but could not understand them. I may have made a topic about this myself once but was not getting any replies so I wanted to try again. I ask to please be shown how to locate the files I am looking for and how to edit the labels and values to what I want. That way I can rename one of the dialogue files then change the value in the .mod to match it. That way I can place both all the files in the Override Folder and be able to use them both at once with the changes I made. Please provide step-by-step instructions. Thank you in advance.

Image.PNG

On 11/18/2019 at 3:51 PM, ALPHA000102 said:

I will use the dialogue file sc16_converse... I download all the mod files (the ARE, GIT, and IFO Files) from both s.rim modules with KOTOR Tool but then when I searched for the sc16_converse file there was nothing there.

You don't and won't find a dialogue file/DLG reference inside a GIT, ARE, and IFO [basically anything outside xyz_s.rim]. If in your case it's sc16_converse that you wanted to find, you'll need to browse for it through here -

• Vanilla:
    Kotor I \ RIMs \ Modules \ ebo_m40aa_s.rim \ Dialog \ sc16_converse.dlg
  • Custom [if available]:
    Kotor I \ ERFs \ Modules \ ebo_m40aa.mod \ S \ sc16_converse.dlg
On 11/18/2019 at 3:51 PM, ALPHA000102 said:

...need to rename one of the copies so they will be recognized as separate for the TSLPatcher and the Override Folder... That way I can place both all the files in the Override Folder...

I'd advise you to go against installing any templates stuff such as dialogue file/DLG to the Override, unless they're globals or something extracted from BIFs. Yes, you want that different name for the same files but you'll want them to have modular/MOD installation, using the updated TSLPatcher from K1CP setup and having something like this with the changes.ini -

;Name the physical DLG file/s to match with what's in the INI
[GFFList]
File0=sc16_converse_1.dlg
File1=sc16_converse_2.dlg

;!Filename function will change the name's output
[sc16_converse_1.dlg]
!Destination=modules\ebo_m40aa.mod
!Filename=sc16_converse.dlg

[sc16_converse_2.dlg]
!Destination=modules\STUNT_16.mod
!Filename=sc16_converse.dlg

Be advised, that the patched file/s should already existed in the relevant module. The said method won't work for a physical injection.

Edited by ebmar
Added comments to the INI setup

Sorry it has taken me awhile to get back to you. I hope there are no hard feelings. I believe this is what I need. It will take me awhile to test it though as I am working on some other projects. When I do get to it I will let you know how things turn out and whether or not it work. Thank you again very much.