The Frozen One

Mod Request - Endar Spire Jedi and Sith Drop Their Lightsabers

I was hoping that somebody here would be so kind as to make it so that when you loot the dueling Jedi and Sith bodies on the Endar Spire, you would be able to pick up both of their weapons. I would greatly appreciate if someone were to do this for me. 

• Like 1

Guest Qui-Gon Glenn

Not likely.

Equipping a lightsaber before you have been trained as a Jedi will break your game. Hardcoded issues IIRC.

49 minutes ago, Qui-Gon Glenn said:

Not likely.

Equipping a lightsaber before you have been trained as a Jedi will break your game. Hardcoded issues IIRC.

This might sound strange, but I didn't plan to equip it right off the bat. I wanted to be able to pick them up for the immersion. I planned on keeping them until I was able to equip them later in the game, then I'd have both to use. Funnily enough as soon as I passed that part of the game is when I got notified of your reply lol. (I ended up spawning in the blue and red lightsabers when I stopped near them after the battle.) It's no big deal if no one wants to do it, I'd try doing the mod now myself but I haven't modded the game since sometime before LucasForums shut down.

• Like 1

Guest Qui-Gon Glenn

There have been mods to make you start the game as a Jedi. Basically, you have to cut out a lot of the Dantooine training montage for that.

There is never harm in experimenting, and if you had them in inventory it shouldn't be an issue. I think you run into problems giving yourself feats to use the saber before having been trained. 

It's all old fuzzy memory.

18 hours ago, Qui-Gon Glenn said:

Not likely.

Hard coded? Break your game? All a player needs to hold a Lightsaber is the proficiency feat. Without that feat, holding a Lightsaber is impossible aka it can't break the game.

In my K1 Gameplay Improvement mod I've actually set it so that the player can get the Lightsaber proficiency feat and it would work (If they cheated in a Lightsaber before they rescued Bastila that is).

10 hours ago, Qui-Gon Glenn said:

There have been mods to make you start the game as a Jedi. Basically, you have to cut out a lot of the Dantooine training montage for that.

There is never harm in experimenting, and if you had them in inventory it shouldn't be an issue. I think you run into problems giving yourself feats to use the saber before having been trained. 

It's all old fuzzy memory.

But without using my highly experimental Gameplay Improvement mod, the "Jedi from the Start" not only gives you the feat but makes you a Jedi as well, in that case, making these Jedi drop their Lightsabers would indeed work. 

Guest Qui-Gon Glenn

Hey @N-DReW25 - I have been playing the game a long time. And I still have a better grasp of how the game works than you do.

The issue is Jedi training on Dantooine. I don't need to explain to you further, just test it yourself. 

In your gameplay improvement mod, did giving that feat early affect Jedi training? Did you test your mod? I ask this, because it had been attempted many times in the past, and the only way to get around it was by removing the entire Jedi training sequence from Dantooine.

Since this is Deadlystream, I will stop with that. Good day.

17 hours ago, Qui-Gon Glenn said:

The issue is Jedi training on Dantooine. I don't need to explain to you further, just test it yourself. 

In your gameplay improvement mod, did giving that feat early affect Jedi training? Did you test your mod? I ask this, because it had been attempted many times in the past, and the only way to get around it was by removing the entire Jedi training sequence from Dantooine.

Hello, I was not aware of this issue. In my mod, while you can get the feat at any point you cannot actually get it for free until you become a Jedi even though the option to get it exists for non-Jedi classes and the only Lightsaber on Taris the player can receive is Bastia's Lightsaber (Which I am tempted to remove from Taris). During my test play through of my mod I check to see if the bug exists and if I do find it I will be sure to remove that Lightsaber at some point (Because during my testing without giving the main PC a Lightsaber it worked fine).

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

• Like 1