DeadMan

Is there an easy way to change position in many key frames

Hello there!

Is there an easy and fast way to change position for many key frames? I need to move one of the nodes up for a specified value.

I've seen a "Mass key tweaker" instrument in KotORMax/NWMax, but I don't get how to properly use it.

The Key Ops tool is the one you want for what you want to do. You need to select everything in the scene before activating it, then when the window pops up hit the Auto button in the mapping section. This sets the source and target nodes to the same. Then in the top panel you simply set the operation type to Move, and on the righthand side input the frame range and the target frame you want the new range to start at. Note that this will overwrite any existing keys in the target frame range, so make sure it is empty. Also make sure you adjust the new frame range in the OdysseyBase's animation list, or they won't be exported.

Edit: I just realised you meant adjust the position value, not the physical position of the keys on the timeline. Whoops.

Depending on how complex the animation is, it might be easier to just edit the ASCII. Can you provide more specific info?

20 minutes ago, DarthParametric said:

Edit: I just realised you meant adjust the position value, not the physical position of the keys on the timeline. Whoops.

Depending on how complex the animation is, it might be easier to just edit the ASCII. Can you provide more specific info?

It's a Nihilus model fix I'm working on. I screwed something up, and now I need to move cutscene dummy up for 11 units in about 20k frames.

1 minute ago, DarthParametric said:

Is the existing height static? Or is he moving up and down throughout the animation/s?

Its moving.

The problem with it is that it only works with linear_position and linear_rotation controllers. I also enabled it for bezier_position now, which is the default kotormax uses. However, in some of my tests I experienced some unwanted side-effects (wobbly movement).

I'm sending an edited script in the attachment. It supports bezier_position controllers, but the main addition is feedback messages telling the user which controllers are supported and what is going on. You put this script into your "gmax_or_3dsmax_folder/scripts/kotormax/kotormax_scripts" and overwrite the existing one.

kx_masskeytweak.zip

• Thanks 1
  • Light Side Points 1

Well, when you press the process button, you expect the values you entered to be applied, right? If the position and rotation controllers were not linear, then it would just do nothing. I had to look at the code to figure out that this was the requirement. So now when you press the button, you get a message about which controllers are supported and will be affected, and then you're asked if you want to continue.