LegendOfAB

[K1] TSL "PFHB05" model/portrait ported to Kotor 1, or the knowledge to do so myself

Please. Current Kotor 1 female heads just aren't doing it for me right now. Checked TSL's heads out of curiosity and bam, turns out this one is perfect. I've spent the last hour or two looking for either the knowledge or the finished job but came up short. Apparently porting only just became allowed relatively recently. I would MASSIVELY appreciate this one way or another.

Spoiler

3cvPM14.jpg

Edited by LegendOfAB
spoiler tag for compactness
  • Like 1

I'm on it.

Edit: This should do the trick, unzip into your Override folder. It replaces the vanilla K1 PFHB05.

Effixians_PFHB05_from_K2_to_K1.zip

In case you or anyone is curious about the process; you export the K2 head with KotOR Tool (mdl & mdx), you export the super model (mdl & mdx) from the game you want to port things to (so K1 here) to the same location. It turned out it was s_female03 for this one (MDLEdit will let you know if you picked the wrong one). Now you open MDLEdit, load the mdl file, switch the game to KotOR 1 with the button, save as ASCII. Next you load the ASCII model that you just saved and save it as Binary.
I think the super model is needed for animations and the "saving to ASCII step" is apparantly needed to make things work, you can't do binary to binary with only hitting that game version button.

• Light Side Points 2

48 minutes ago, Effix said:

I'm on it.

Edit: This should do the trick, unzip into your Override folder. It replaces the vanilla K1 PFHB05.

Effixians_PFHB05_from_K2_to_K1.zip

Know that I love you.

Works perfectly. This is actually for my niece, who is interested in playing not only a Star Wars game, but a CRPG-styled Star Wars game (which just happens to be among the greats) for the first time. Knowing her personality, she'd be fine with even playing a created character that doesn't share her skin color/hair type if she had to. But it'd make the experience that much more personal and special if she had the closest representation possible. And I am positive this is the one for her.