Sign in to follow this  
evilmark443

[TSL] [Request] Handmaiden clothes without hood

Does anyone have a Handmaiden clothing model with the hood removed? Or is anyone able to create one? Getting ready to replay TSL for the first time in years and plan to edit appearance.2da so that she uses her clothing model in place of various armor, but for it to work right I kinda need it without the hood because I've replaced her head with the Jaesa head that was ported from TOR (though I photoshopped the hair to be white). I don't know the first thing about modeling or I'd try to do it myself.

Well, I downloaded a free trial of 3DS Max and gave it a shot myself, all I did was import, select and delete the head and hood geometry, and export it, the model looks perfect but I seem to have lost all of the animations in the process. MDLedit did give me an error about not finding the binary supermodel, whatever that means, so I'm assuming that's where the animations were lost?

Note: I do not intend to release this, only use it for my own playthrough. The way I'm using the Jaesa head wouldn't be compatible with the player version of that mod anyway I don't think.

07ruDvX.jpg

Edited by evilmark443

Ok I figured it all out and got it working. Now, the reason I'm not releasing it is because the model and textures I was working with weren't the vanilla versions but from a mod called Final Touch because I couldn't get KOTOR Tool to see my KOTOR 2 directory, but I figured that out as well and considered releasing at least the body model without the hood, but editing the vanilla model the way I did leaves big gaps that are above my skill level to fix.

RDkgpHs.jpg

So I redid the Final Touch version of it and it works perfectly, but the readme for that mod doesn't say anything about permission to redistribute modified versions or anything so this will just be for personal use unfortunately.

LhAvXDc.jpg

58 minutes ago, Mellowtron11 said:

The clothes model looks pretty clean! Nice work!

Since it was based on someone else's work I don't deserve the credit, I would've mentioned in the earlier post that the model was from another mod but I had no idea what the differences were from the vanilla model, the screenshot was just to demonstrate that the animations weren't working.

Edited by evilmark443

Hmm, in my new playthrough I just got to Telos and in the cutscene where the Handmaiden walks up to the Ebon Hawk after you're detained she had no head at all. Kinda creepy, lol! I guess I should rename the modified model and edit appearance.2da accordingly.

EDIT: I think I fixed that by filling in the normalhead and backuphead fields. Putting that info here incase another novice like me wants to try something similar one day without actually knowing what they're doing, again just like me lol.

Edited by evilmark443

Interesting. I experimented with replacing her head once, at some point she got a 2nd head inside the other one, that moved slightly different, also weird. I figured it maybe had to do with the hood on/off mechanics.

22 minutes ago, Effix said:

Interesting. I experimented with replacing her head once, at some point she got a 2nd head inside the other one, that moved slightly different, also weird. I figured it maybe had to do with the hood on/off mechanics.

Yeah that's what I had until I edited the clothing model, it actually has her entire head built into it in addition to the hood.

I have another problem that I can't figure out, close-ups of her in cutscenes as well as her character select screen are focused on her waist instead of her head. Anyone know what would cause that?

KjetICX.png

EDIT: Redid my model deletions, this time being careful and actually paying attention to the names of the geometry I was deleting, and now it's fixed. Must have deleted a hook or something that tells the game where to point the camera.

Edited by evilmark443