Sithspecter

Doorhooks and Path Files?

Does anyone know if doorhook dummies within the model and layout files actually do anything? If so, what do they do?

Also has anyone been able to successfully implement a new path file in KotOR 1? I am trying but so far it seems that I am unable to get them to work correctly.

I've been wondering the same thing about the door hooks. As far as I can tell, they don't do anything. I believe they were only left there for reference, so doors can be placed at the correct coordinates. Some modules have dummies that appear to be where the lights used to render the lightmaps were, too.

I haven't tried making a new path file yet, so I got nothing there.

Guest Qui-Gon Glenn

I am understanding now why you are asking this; I was going to suggest waypoints but that won't achieve what you want.

I suppose tagging @bead-v can't hurt, although you have probably already contacted them privately.

On 1/27/2019 at 10:44 PM, JCarter426 said:

I've been wondering the same thing about the door hooks. As far as I can tell, they don't do anything. I believe they were only left there for reference, so doors can be placed at the correct coordinates. Some modules have dummies that appear to be where the lights used to render the lightmaps were, too.

I think so too.

As for the path files, I long time ago I made a program for editing PTH files. It used the ingame maps for reference and the data in the .are to get the coords right, but that never worked 100% for some reason I never figured out. But editing the .pths themselves was ok. I used it mainly for K2 though, I know I must have tested K1 too, but I don't remember how that went. It's another thing I could possibly integrate into kmax.... hmm...

So what gets you stuck?