Salk

[KotOR] Restore Sewer Door in Undercity

Hello!

I noticed that one of the two sewers entrances in the Undercity level do not have a door (sw_door_taris004) and I think it would be nice to restore it.

Would that be an easy matter?

What kind of tools would be recommended? If nobody can take a crack at it I could try and do it myself although I'd appreciate the help.

Thanks!

PS Apologies for opening this thread in the wrong section. Admins are welcome to move it.

Hello DarthParametric!

The module is tar_m04aa and the entrances are located North and South of the map.

I took a couple of screenshots.

This is the entrance with door (south).

UndercitySewerDoor.jpg.42572d4493431d61e540db9b232744cd.jpg

And this is the entrance without door (north)-

UndercityEntranceWithoutDoor.jpg.37a5f9da90051245ac5ea07116de0fc5.jpg

Perhaps an easy viable action would be to actually remove the door, rather than adding one. It does feel a bit out of place, in my opinion.

Cheers!

14 minutes ago, Salk said:

Perhaps an easy viable action would be to actually remove the door, rather than adding one. It does feel a bit out of place...

Nice idea. Though I feel a dynamism with one left with a door and the other wasn't. Either intended or not I can't really tell.

• Like 1

I can see six door hooks in the module. Three of them would appear to be the sewer entrances (one of which, door_07, is listed as static in the GIT), then one for the gate to the infected compound in the village (door_05), and two for the elevator (door_04 outer, door_09 inner, which is static). I can't see one for the village main gate however, yet that has an entry in the GIT. The north door hook is door_08, but that has no entry in the GIT. If you look in the module's RIM, there are seven door UTDs. One is unused in the GIT, however this is a static door.

So it seems to me that you'd need to add a new UTD that duplicates sw_door_taris004.utd with a new ResRef and Tag (you could presumably repurpose sw_door_taris005.utd for this, since it appears unused). You'd then have to duplicate the GIT entry for the south door, which points to TemplateResRef sw_door_taris004, and change the co-ords to that of the door_08 hook, and point it to your new UTD. This would require a save before entering the module for the first time.

This is probably something that can be added to the K1 Community Patch in the next update.

Edit: I just realised there is a transition zone in front on the north entrance, so even if you add a door you can't actually get close enough to open it before being transitioned to the next level. So that would need adjusting as well.

Edit 2: So on further inspection I discovered that even with the transition cleared, the walkmesh is also blocking access to the doorway, so that needs editing as well. I've put it all together if you want to try it out. Put the MOD in the Modules folder and the WOK in the Override folder. It will require a save before entering the Undercity for the first time.

https://www.darthparametric.com/files/kotor/k1/[K1]_Taris_Undercity_Sewer_Access_North_Door.7z

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks, DarthParametric.

I tested a version without door too, adding a transition trigger and it does work fine.

I'll glad test the two doors version which may be a more elegant solution.

Okay, I have tested it and it works very well.

Either the removal of the door or the addition of one (the latter is perhaps more elegant) are both clear improvements over the original layout.

Thanks for giving us this alternative, DarthParametric!

Cheers!