lurker333

Kotor1 retexture in Kotor2 Question

Sorry if this isn't the correct place to post this.

I have a re-texture mod for Carth for KOTOR1 that I wanted to re-use in KOTOR 2.
I tried just placing the KOTOR 1 mod in the override folder for KOTOR 2 and it kind of works. It updates the character portrait, but doesn't affect the actual player head.
I'm guessing the issue is probably that the location of Carth's textures is different in KOTOR1 than in KOTOR2? And that's why it doesn't work correctly? 

Any insight on this would be helpful, thanks!

Sorry I'll update the OP, I have a mod to use Carth's appearance/head as a possible choice for the player character in KOTOR2. 

I also have a re-texture mod for Carth from KOTOR 1 I want to use in KOTOR 2. I realize the games are somewhat different so it wasn't likely to work, but when I place the texture mod in the override folder for KOTOR2 it only partially works. It changes his portrait but not his actual appearance like in the First game. So I was wondering if anyone had any insight about what I could possible do to make it work in KOTOR 2.

Sure no problem,

The retexture mod I'm using is Fen's Carth from nexus (I hope it's ok to post) and the playable Carth mod is from Indiana_Revan77

The mod author mentions it's not the same, but I thought it was only the portrait he was talking about and not necessarily the actual head?

Chiming in to assist SH on this matter-

59 minutes ago, lurker333 said:

(I hope it's ok to post)

I think it is OK only to hyperlink as references.

Edit2: And as SH has suggest you too- it is necessary to provide any; as they will help others on troubleshooting the issue you're having.

The retexture mod I'm using is Fen's Carth from nexus... and the playable Carth mod is from Indiana_Revan77

Seeing how IR77 sets up the labeling, I suspect that you should renaming Fens' Carth's texture to P_PCarthH for the texture to functioned properly.

Edit: And yes, quoting from DP earlier-

On 1/3/2019 at 10:11 PM, DarthParametric said:

If you are using a mod to make Carth a selectable head for the PC, then the texture could be named anything.

That is a valid point on addressing the issue you're having.

Edited by ebmar
  • Thanks 1

Player head mods require 2DA edits. Additionally, K1 and TSL have different model formats, you can't use one directly in the other without first recompiling for the target game. What you want to do is not just a simple case of "drop a texture in the Override folder".

• Like 1

Oh I didn't see you already had a TSL play as Carth mod. That one should be fine to use as long as you run TSLPatcher and install it properly. It appears to use "P_PCarthH" as the head texture name.

• Thanks 1