Thor110

[WIP][Beta] Expanded Galaxy Project

23 minutes ago, Thor110 said:

The Port requires an installation of both games to install, so my current guess is that you did not select both installations.

Heh, I wish! I did indeed have a fresh unmodded version of Kotor installed and did point them both but it seems my Kotor II installation is missing certain key files that halt the game from even playing after the patch is done. As I did ignore this warning earlier and installed regardless only for TSL to never make it past the character creator without crashing to desktop. After, I have just modded my Kotor 03' Override with some graphical upgrades and changed the modules and dlg.tlk for a small gameplay change: KOTOR1 Gameplay and Immersion Rebalancing By: NecroAvalon. 

Having done that I don't think trying the port again would be feasible? I would have thought the original has to be completely unmodified. But if not I'll try the holopatcher again and tell you what warnings I received when the launcher refused to cooperate. 

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Natural Law said:

I would have thought the original has to be completely unmodified.

It doesn't matter, but any of the files it needs that are replaced by mods would transfer along with it.

Currently that's only the contents of the following folders, lips, movies, streammusic, streamwaves and streamsounds.

Update : Temporary Solution

If anyone else experiences that error, just use the drop down menu instead of the browse button, this should be fixed shortly though.

Edited by Thor110
Temporary Solution

3 hours ago, Elirose said:

So do I just install one of them or all in order?

It depends on which one you want to play.

Refer to the readme on : https://github.com/Thor110/Expanded-Galaxy-Main

Install the pre-requisites, then Main, if you want to play the Port, it requires Main, if you want to play Brotherhood, it requires the Port, which requires the Main Expanded Galaxy.

19 hours ago, Thor110 said:

It depends on which one you want to play.

Refer to the readme on : https://github.com/Thor110/Expanded-Galaxy-Main

Install the pre-requisites, then Main, if you want to play the Port, it requires Main, if you want to play Brotherhood, it requires the Port, which requires the Main Expanded Galaxy.

While running the Github exe for the Port I'm getting this error and It just never starts installing.

image.png.7b8cba693192f9087158892e3c5bf1af.png

2 minutes ago, Elirose said:

While running the Github exe for the Port I'm getting this error and It just never starts installing.

image.png.7b8cba693192f9087158892e3c5bf1af.png

Try using the dropdown instead of the browse button to select the locations of the games.

I thought this had been fixed but maybe not as I haven't worked on the project in quite some time.

30 minutes ago, Thor110 said:

Try using the dropdown instead of the browse button to select the locations of the games.

I thought this had been fixed but maybe not as I haven't worked on the project in quite some time.

that's not giving me the popup anymore, but it's not starting the install still

1 minute ago, Elirose said:

I tried this with a fresh install (minus like 1 or 2 things) and it's going now

Good to know, but might I ask what you mean by the following?

1 minute ago, Elirose said:

(minus like 1 or 2 things)

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Thor110 said:

Good to know, but might I ask what you mean by the following?

I added the k1 restored content stuff originally and a few smaller model change mods to my k1 folder. It all worked when I did it with a fresh install, but it won't go past character creation.

Edited by Elirose

12 minutes ago, Elirose said:

I added the k1 restored content stuff originally and a few smaller model change mods to my k1 folder. It all worked when I did it with a fresh install, but it won't go past character creation.

That shouldn't have made a difference to be honest.

Yeah it seems some people are experiencing an issue getting past character creation, that isn't happening for me though, so unfortunately there's nothing I can suggest for that at the moment.